Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go?

Options
  • 25-10-2011 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi there, I'm off work now for two weeks after and operation, where do i go to claim illness benefit? Somebody told me I'm better off going to my local clinic, is this the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

You need to fill in the right form and send it in with the note from your dr/consultant.

Westend House, Westend Business Park, Snugborough Road Ext., Blanchardstown Dublin 15, Ireland
    Telephone
    01 824 6300

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

would i be quicker to go to my local clinic?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

They may or may not have the forms the welfare office certainly will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Your GP should give you the forms... he has to fill in part of it anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Your can only get an Illness Benefit Claim form from your Doctor. I suggest that you contact your Hospital /Clinic Doctor where your operation was carried out without delay.

All the information you'll need is in the following link.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/disability_and_illness/disability_benefit.html

Pay particular attention to the "How To Apply" section, near the bottom of the page.

If you have any difficulties in making your application PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

Thanks a million everyone, I applied for it on Tuesday, got the forms from my GP. Only thing is I didnt have the details of the bank account i use daily handy so I gave the one I hardly ever use. Will they send me a letter to let me know when it is in my account? Or will I have to keep checking my account balance myself?

Advertisement