Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Cake :)

Options
  • 25-10-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello,

For the first time, I would like to make my own Christmas cake.

I wonder if anyone would have a tried and tested receipe for one? And wouldn't mind sharing it :)

Thanks,
    Eliza

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

This really is a great Christmas cake recipe. I've been using it for the last 5 years, it's easy, moist and best of all can be made right before Christmas. The moist mincemeat really works as a shortcut. Enjoy!
    http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/sweet/christmas-sherry-mincemeat-cake.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 I like Cookies

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ElizaK

Thanks guys...I took a look at delia's site...she has fab stuff! I'll give this a go...thanks again.
    Eliza

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

If you want a slightly easier go of it theres a box of Waitrose/Delia's prepared ingredients in Dunnes that you'd just have to mix together and put in the oven. I think you only need to add eggs to whats in the box for the cake itself and I think its basically all the ingredients for this recipe http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/cuisine/european/english/the-classic-christmas-cake.html. Its just for the cake itself though, not the icing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Didnt realise you could get the waitrose delia xmas cake in Ireland... must check it out. Cheers for that info.

• Advertisement

No problem :) It costs €12 for the box if I'm not mistaken.

No problem :) It costs €12 for the box if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Asked this on the Delia forums but no reply as yet! In the Delia christmas cake recipe it calls for a tablespoon of treacle. I haven't got access to treacle/golden syrup can it be replaced with anything or even left out?

Would appreciate a reply before the bake day tomorrow. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

Leaving it out won't matter, it would darken the cake slightly but I doubt if you will even notice it's missing.

Advertisement