Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Holiday Weekend Tunage

Options
  • 25-10-2011 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

We'll be awash with music this weekend in Sligo, can't wait :D Hoping to attend a raft of gigs including Mr Costello himself. There's a massive line up of Cafe and Pub gigs. I've heard a good few of the artists but there are a few unbeknownst to me. Any recommendations/must sees (artist name only, don't know want to be seen to promote a specific event)?

Apologies in advance to the French Market folk who at the moment seemingly will be washed out for the 3rd time in a row in Sligo. Fingers crossed the weather will pick up for the weekend.

Twould be a great wee town if we could only roof it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Heading to Elvis Costello too. Hope he's in good form and the Arena is decent.

As regards Sligo I don't know .. haven't been there for years. Would like to head to something after the gig .. it will be over 10:30pm-11pm-ish.

Anyone got any recommendations ?

Is the Festival Club any good ? .. or just a rip off. 12 notes to see "Oddsocks revival" .. (I'd be very dubious of a band with a name like that)

Anyone recommend some decent pub with no cover charge that would be serving till 2pm and might have a decent band .. I'm 39 and bringing the wife so would rather it weren't a teeny bopper place either :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Heading to Elvis Costello too. Hope he's in good form and the Arena is decent.

As regards Sligo I don't know .. haven't been there for years. Would like to head to something after the gig .. it will be over 10:30pm-11pm-ish.

Anyone got any recommendations ?

Is the Festival Club any good ? .. or just a rip off. 12 notes to see "Oddsocks revival" .. (I'd be very dubious of a band with a name like that)

Anyone recommend some decent pub with no cover charge that would be serving till 2pm and might have a decent band .. I'm 39 and bringing the wife so would rather it weren't a teeny bopper place either :-(

Mc hughs ,Garavouge,or fiddlers

Advertisement