Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

No news at all, we should know more by the end of the year. Rockstar have an event to do by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Would they have much events during the year? I'd like to see some info on the new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Plug wrote: »
    Would they have much events during the year? I'd like to see some info on the new game.

Agreed. Even if they just gave the name of it. If the games was called GTA5, we could assume its a whole new game. GTA: (Location) means that we could speculate if any previous characters would be in it, even just characters from GTA:IV

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eskoflip

Let's hope they don't pawn us off with another DLC. I'd love to roam around a whole new city.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd love it if the next on was in San Andreas but it'll just be Vice City upgraded...then hopefully San An for the one after!

• Advertisement

Most rumours point to Hollywood, which was Vinewood. I'd be far happier with Vice City, and maybe Ray Liotta? He's got nothing better to do in all fairness.

I think they're taking far too long with this, to be honest.

DLC is a load of shite. I want a new city to tear around. I wish they'd speed up the news regarding it!

Most rumours point to Hollywood, which was Vinewood. I'd be far happier with Vice City, and maybe Ray Liotta? He's got nothing better to do in all fairness.

so one Island of San Andreas? That wouldn't be good at all. If they ever do another one on San Andreas properly it could actually be the best game of all time, or even a place on the scale of San Andreas.

The main disappointment of GTA 4 was that NY is probably the most saturated setting for a game, it just wasn't original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

If its as good as Vice City, it would be doing really well.

Press Conference tomorrow, fingers crossed for an announcement.

http://www.bmocm.com/conferences/showAgenda.aspx?id=297

• Advertisement

No news out of that conference for GTA, trailer for LA Noir though. It looks like win.

Dammit. Even just the slightest bit of info would have been enough to satisfy the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

anymore news on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 danielmoran

It'll be late 2011 early 2012 before any announcements probably late 2012 release early 2013. It's Probably likely to be Vice city if Rockstars releases are to be followed.

It'll be late 2011 early 2012 before any announcements probably late 2012 release early 2013. It's Probably likely to be Vice city if Rockstars releases are to be followed.

I can't see it being that long to be honest. I'd say we'll start seeing trailers and info around March 2011, then every few months with a release in Early 2012. 5 years would be too long to wait for a sequel when chances are they're going to be using the same engine as the last one, unlike GTA:SA and GTA:IV.

They have to bring back planes and chainsaws!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

I really wish that they would just release some news about the game!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

We won't see a peep of a new GTA game I'd say till 2012 at the earliest. We had Red Dead last year (a great return to form for Rockstar IMO after a less than stellar experience GTA IV), LA Noire is coming this year so that'll be that and we may start to see some news about a new GTA game after their marketing hype for Noire has done its job and the game's been released. E3 is a maybe for some news I'd say.

Im not joking I had a dream of the new GTA5 last night and it was getto like SA. Looked alright though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I reckon the next one will be Vice City albeit a Modern Day One. (I'd personally rather another 80s game).
    Here's hoping for Chainsaws and Planes too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

GTA V is in the works with a possible return to L.A. It should be out (hopefully) by the end of the year/start of next year. I expect an announcment soon. Dying for a new GTA!!

Rockstar registered some domain names that are very GTA like such as liveinvader.com (parody of facebook me thinks) and stoppaying yourmortage.com.

Also some casting leaks are about. Take Two, Rockstars parent company were casting for odd GTA-esque characters such as:
    Kevin De Silva: 18, Albert's fat, FPS playing gamer son. Smokes a lot of weed, has anxiety issues and a card for a bad back, very soft, very opinionated. Into making racist comments while playing online.

Chad: 29, pretty boy misogynist Beverly Hills party boy. Made money, but not as cool as he thinks he is

Miguel Gonzalez: 25, Young Mexican American FBI agent, caught between a few mob bosses. Very clean cut

Mitch Hayes: 38, Annoying, wise cracking, highly successful FBI agent. In great shape. Does triathlons, drinks low cal beer, but still has a sense of humor.

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/grand-theft-auto-iv/news/rumor-gta-v-casting-underway-franchise-moving-to-la/a-2011030884223843071/g-2006051014323586065

Thats some good news I suppose.
    I'd say the next Press Conference they will announce something. They have to:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 thingonmyback

Crazy how they can't keep it on the QT, given the level of interest from fans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

http://www.planetinsane.com/rumor-gta-5-may-be-set-in-la/2612119/

''There is some evidence that when the new Grand Theft Auto 5 is released that it will feature a game that is set in Los Angeles. There is more and more evidence that is showing that GTA 5 is in the development and working stages and now there is word that some tweets and other information may lead to believe that GTA 5 will have a Southern California/LA vibe to it. The big piece of information that is leading people to believe that GTA 5 is not long away and that it will be set in LA is through some information that has been gotten from a top video game analyst and insider.''

This source says that Telsey and Company, a company that is responsible for casting calls of video games, has been advertising that need some actors for a project called 'Rush' and that it is an action video game.
    It has been reported through several outlets that RockStar, the company that develops role playing games for video consoles such as GTA 5 has also been advertising that they are looking for a game programmer for a project that they too are calling 'Rush'.

This source has also claimed that they have been able to get their hands on a list of characters that will be in this new game and they seem to give credit to a LA scene and vibe. Grand Theft Auto 4 came out back in the early part of 2009 and with the more new complex and innovative consoles and technologies that are coming out with video games these days, it only makes sense that GTA 5 could be the code name for this new game 'Rush'. That is the big word in the video gaming world and they say that you should expect GTA 5 within the next year to hit the shelves

I would be so annoyed if it was another small map, especially if it was a part of San Andreas that they used and not the full shabang.

Early parts of the rumours are usually way off the mark. Nobody knows for sure but my money is on a setting in Vice city(80s). Hopefully anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Should make Vice city 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

why would they keep going back to the same 3 city's again and again. thats boring. vice city has been done, and it was brilliant, one of my all time fave games is VC. i want a new part of the world, possibly europe?? it'll probably most likely never happen but somewhere other than the same old city's would be cool, so im hoping the rumors are not too far from the truth!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Nodferatu wrote: »
    why would they keep going back to the same 3 city's again and again. thats boring. vice city has been done, and it was brilliant, one of my all time fave games is VC. i want a new part of the world, possibly europe?? it'll probably most likely never happen but somewhere other than the same old city's would be cool, so im hoping the rumors are not too far from the truth!!

And how many years ago was that ? Nine.

I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if it was Vice City again, if fact I hope it is. There obviously not going to use the same map from the original game and if it was VC then they'd do something similar to how GTA IV was created. At the end of the day Vice City is only a name.

Europe ? nah doubt it will happen and I hope it never does. America is renowned for its themes and culture and thats what makes the GTA series so good. VC for the whole Miami/Don Jonson/Pam trees/Sun/80s music theme. SA for the early 90s/LA police corruption/Gang wars ect ect and LC for the New York experience : tall sky scrapers/ Dull weather/ yellow cabs everywhere.

Just actually realized on that list that VC has the most themes and I could of written more and the other two I was struggling, all the more reason for VC :pac:

• Advertisement

mle1324 wrote: »
    And how many years ago was that ? Nine.

I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if it was Vice City again, if fact I hope it is. There obviously not going to use the same map from the original game and if it was VC then they'd do something similar to how GTA IV was created. At the end of the day Vice City is only a name.

Europe ? nah doubt it will happen and I hope it never does. America is renowned for its themes and culture and thats what makes the GTA series so good. VC for the whole Miami/Don Jonson/Pam trees/Sun/80s music theme. SA for the early 90s/LA police corruption/Gang wars ect ect and LC for the New York experience : tall sky scrapers/ Dull weather/ yellow cabs everywhere.

Just actually realized on that list that VC has the most themes and I could of written more and the other two I was struggling, all the more reason for VC :pac:
    Well considering they revisited Liberity city its a possibility good old vice city will be back. I loved that too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement