Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If it's not gta 2055 then I just don't care....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

tony was gay???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Looks like an official trailer will be released very shortly!
    http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/0d/news/grand-theft-auto-v-announced-9b910d.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Great news if it's true!!! More than 1 playable character sounds odd but will be interesting to see how they can implement that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-25-grand-theft-auto-5-set-in-los-angeles-report
    Eurogamer wrote:
    Grand Theft Auto 5 takes place in a version of Los Angeles, according to a Kotaku report.

Citing "a source familiar with the game", it claims the franchise will return to California for the first time since GTA: San Andreas back in 2004.

Its moles also claim that the game will feature more than one playable character.

We'll know more when Rockstar unveils the game's debut trailer on 2nd November

And for those pondering the money on the logo, this is quite interesting - possible points to the time period it will be set in?
    Kotaku wrote:
    As spotted by a Reddit user, the "FIVE" at the end of the game's logo is lifted almost directly from an old Silver Certificate, a type of paper currency used in the US between 1878 and 1964 (and which, if you can still find a note, technically remains legal tender).

http://kotaku.com/grand-theft-auto/

gtamoney.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Maybe a game set in the 1920's/1930's

Of perhaps an evolution of car crime in the early years of automobiles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

GTA Boardwalk Empire? droooool

a prohibition era 1920s GTA game would be awesome, its a perfect setting for it,the roaring 20's Atlantic City, booze smuggling, the beginnings of the Mafia, wouldnt surprise me if they went retro with the era. GTA takes a lot of influence from movies and tv series so it fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Maybe a game set in the 1920's/1930's

Of perhaps an evolution of car crime in the early years of automobiles.
    krudler wrote: »
    GTA Boardwalk Empire? droooool

a prohibition era 1920s GTA game would be awesome, its a perfect setting for it,the roaring 20's Atlantic City, booze smuggling, the beginnings of the Mafia, wouldnt surprise me if they went retro with the era. GTA takes a lot of influence from movies and tv series so it fits.

LA Noire?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,816 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I really hope its not set in the 20's/30's, been done in Mafia and LA Noire. Sick of slow ass cars! It should really be set modern day. I like the sound of LA but not a fan of 'real' maps as they can be a bit boring.

The talks of multiple playable characters sounds interesting as well.

Hogzy wrote: »
    LA Noire?

that was 50's LA, much different setting, least GTA wouldnt put you to sleep playing it :pac:

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I really hope its not set in the 20's/30's, been done in Mafia and LA Noire. Sick of slow ass cars! It should really be set modern day. I like the sound of LA but not a fan of 'real' maps as they can be a bit boring.

yeah I dont want a real map either, take stuff like San Andreas that was LA influenced and had Vegas but not Vegas in it, just take the idea of a real city and go nuts with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yeah this could be Mafia 2 done right. Would love a 20s/30s/40s GTA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Agricola wrote: »
    Yeah this could be Mafia 2 done right. Would love a 20s/30s/40s GTA.

Mafia 2 was done right already. It was called Mafia. It also did a serious GTA game much better than GTA 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I hope it's not 1920/30. The soundtrack is one of the best parts of a GTA and they just couldn't do anything with the ****e music that was around then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yeah and the lack of cars/boats/planes/helicopters would suck, just stick the game anywhere in between 1960-2100 and il be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Agreed, I also hope it's not present day, cause I found the modern music stations in GTA 4 to be a bit lacking in good tunes.

Mid to Late 70's would be cool. Funk, Disco, Punk, Hard and Soft Rock.

Think of all the icongraphy which would lend itself to GTA: Starsky and Hutch, Convoy, Smokey and the Bandit, Taxi Driver, Watergate etc.

Great music too.

i doubt they will go present day anyway as thats what they did with gta 4 but you never know with rockstar, they could pull anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Looks like an official trailer will be released very shortly!
    http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/0d/news/grand-theft-auto-v-announced-9b910d.html

Fitting username! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DarkJager wrote: »
    I hope it's not 1920/30.

Will you stop, there was some great music from that era.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I couldn't care less about the music tbh, it's the ridiculous chat shows that i love. Wouldn't be a GTA game without em.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

People arguing baout the music, cop on! Stick on your Ipod for your own music!
    Agree with WolfForager its the rambling ads and mental chat shows that steal it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I couldn't care less about the music tbh, it's the ridiculous chat shows that i love. Wouldn't be a GTA game without em.

best thing about the game !! Funny as ****... im not even a big GTA fan, but i'll probably buy it just to run over some grannys !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sheehy83 wrote: »

DarkJager wrote: »
    I hope it's not 1920/30. The soundtrack is one of the best parts of a GTA and they just couldn't do anything with the ****e music that was around then
    yeah and the lack of cars/boats/planes/helicopters would suck, just stick the game anywhere in between 1960-2100 and il be happy

These. I want good music and funny chat shows, the 20's and 30's doesn't really lend itself to that. People might like 20's and 30's music but I'm talking about what I want!
    If it's in that time period, it's unlikely that you'll get to mess around with helicopters and planes either, maybe a boat if you're lucky.
    I want it to be set in the modern day but everyone will want something different. A modern-day, bigger, Vice City or San Andreas, please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rusty Brown Donuts - "I like to lick lovingly around the outside and then thrust my tongue in the middle."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Really enjoyed IV. Can't wait for this!

but instead you'd have autogyros and zeppellins :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Bring back the fun, more crazy missions and less annoying sidekicks/girlfriends.

J. Marston wrote: »
    If it's in that time period, it's unlikely that you'll get to mess around with helicopters and planes either, maybe a boat if you're lucky.

If they let me gun people down with a tommy gun while listening to Edith Piaf or some swing music they can keep their helicopters. I don't really mind what they do but just not 'gangsta' or the awful comedy they tried with Ballad of Gay Tony. Lost and the Damned was a nice change of scenario.

Perhaps with the multiple protagonist route they are going for we'll get a cross section fo different scenarios.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If they let me gun people down with a tommy gun while listening to Edith Piaf or some swing music they can keep their helicopters. I don't really mind what they do but just not 'gangsta' or the awful comedy they tried with Ballad of Gay Tony. Lost and the Damned was a nice change of scenario.

Perhaps with the multiple protagonist route they are going we'll get a cross section fo different scenarios.

That would be awesome, instead of dancing to disco you'd be jive stepping to kick ass jazz and big band stuff in the 20s clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Red Dead Redemption was set in 1911 so I think the 1920s would be too close to that. And you gotta have talk radio in GTA

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Perhaps with the multiple protagonist route they are going for we'll get a cross section fo different scenarios.

you didnt like TBOGT :eek: it was awesomeness in a dlc package

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement