Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Said it before, would like something where Tommy loses control from Vice City and has to get it all back.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wimbago wrote: »
    Well that's my weekend taken care of, have to do San Andreas from start to finish after those vids :D

nothing quite comes close in gaming to first starting a new GTA game, I remember being in Vice City 5 minutes and tearing a guy off a bike then gunning it through the streets with Billie Jean playing, aw yeah :D
    or getting in a chopper for the first time with this playing:

Take! these broken wiiiings, and learn to fly again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Yeah love the first few hours driving around lost as f*ck not knowing where anything is and the tunes matching something you're doing.... but I never got that magic from IV for some reason and to this day I don't know my way around due to using taxis and wps.

I've already suggested mid/late 70's as a setting, but I'm almost positive that's where it'll be now...LA I'm not sold on...but where else could you really set it?

As for who cares about the radio stations music? Seriously? It's what make the games feel right. Listneing to yuor ipod or whatnot is grand but it doesn't immerse you where the devs want you to be...even the crappy music suits the agmes where applicable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm waiiting for them to announce GTA: HD Collection.
    Cash cow they have right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

F1ngers wrote: »

YES PLEASE!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

F1ngers wrote: »

I'm surprised they haven't taken advantage of this already tbh. I know they've been occupied with RDR, Max Payne 3 and LA Noire but they'd easily make a mint from releasing a GTA HD Collection. They could quite possibly get away with charging full price too. They'd be worth it though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I'd like to see a location with some countryside this time. Some of the best memories from playing San Andreas was speeding through fields in a vehicle that looked like a range rover. In GTA 4 there were traffic jams everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

GTA 5: LONDON!!

You're nicked mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm surprised they haven't taken advantage of this already tbh. I know they've been occupied with RDR, Max Payne 3 and LA Noire but they'd easily make a mint from releasing a GTA HD Collection. They could quite possibly get away with charging full price too. They'd be worth it though :P

I'd give my remaining ball for Vice City and San Andreas running on the GTA IV engine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

Well I reckon its gonna be LA because of LA Noire, they already have the basics just update it and BOOM done.

Personally I hope its set in the late 60's early 70's mainly because it hasn't been done before and also because the best GTA games have been based in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The first trailer for GTA 4 showed quite a lot of stuff, I'm very excited about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Mexican gangster style logo does anyone think? Lots of people saying it will be Packie, the mad Irish man from GTA 4 playing the main character so maybe it will be Boston based around an Irish/American theme? Seven days to wait:(

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Can't wait!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd still love a GTA game set in Tokyo.

I know Yakuza is kind of that (in a good but very Japanese sort of way) but the possibilities with a more freeform game are beyond promising. Samurai swords, neon districts, Tokyo tower + parachute, arcade shootouts... Chaos would most certainly reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Would be awesome if it was set in the future.

Or if it was like a culmination of the previous games and the mob bosses are people from the previous games that would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The only way I'd be happy with L.A was if it was a San Andreas remake and mixed in with countryside and other cities. Also keep it as Los Santos, couldn't think of anything worse than them actually trying to recreate the real layout of Los Angeles.

Vice City would be cool, apart from that I like the Texas/Mexico border idea but I can't see them going for it. Vice City remake would make perfect sense, I hope they go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Anyone who has the boxed GTA: Episodes of liberty city might want to have a look at the manual for this.

Surprised this hasnt been mentioned yet.

gta_next-7b5e6a1554.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Thinking about it more, I reckon it'll be a hispanic (Luis Lopez maybe :D) in Vice City, although I reckon they'd go Cuban for Miami.

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

Nothing confirmed yet, those are just rumours. Estonia could be the place for all we know.

• Advertisement

Plug wrote: »
    Nothing confirmed yet, those are just rumours. Estonia could be the place for all we know.

Same rumours are all over Rockstar's comment feed.

You could be right, but all signs seem to be pointing to LA.

Turbine wrote: »
    Same rumours are all over Rockstar's comment feed.

You could be right, but all signs seem to be pointing to LA.
    Thats true, seen a good few comments about it. I really hope its not LA, I am preferring an 80's vice city:) If it turns out to be LA I bet it will be Mexican gangster themed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I wonder if this new gta 5 will be ported from the xbox-360 to the ps3 or what way it will be. gta 4 was very jaggy looking for the ps3 using no anti-aliasing, will be checking the reviews before I think of purchasing this. :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

yep its lookin more and more like it will be Los Angeles

zenno wrote: »
    I wonder if this new gta 5 will be ported from the xbox-360 to the ps3 or what way it will be. gta 4 was very jaggy looking for the ps3 using no anti-aliasing, will be checking the reviews before I think of purchasing this. :pac::pac:

I can see them going back to giving preference to Playstation for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Maybe it's Canada and they're referring to the band rush. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

IV was an awesome game though (great trailer too)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Turbine wrote: »
    I can see them going back to giving preference to Playstation for this one.
    what? Microsoft give them the most money and have the larger user base in the areas that sell the game on a large scale. Not that there should be any 'preference' anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Plug wrote: »
    I really hope its not LA, I am preferring an 80's vice city:)

I'd hate a return to 80's Vice City. It's been done, pretty much to perfection. Modern day Vice City, maybe. I know it'd be a whole new set of characters, new city (like GTA3 to GTA4 Liberty City), new soundtracks, new cars etc... But I can't see any need to revisit that city again at that time period.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'd still love a GTA game set in Tokyo.

I know Yakuza is kind of that (in a good but very Japanese sort of way) but the possibilities with a more freeform game are beyond promising. Samurai swords, neon districts, Tokyo tower + parachute, arcade shootouts... Chaos would most certainly reign.
    +1, and ripping off large parts of The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift would make for a great GTA game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement