Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

you just sound like someone who loved SA and hated everything in 4, i personally think 4 deserved all the praise it got, it was and still is the most detailed modern city ever created

Yes, because aesthetics alone make a great game.

Personally I felt that the gameplay itself was better, too (well, from a Sandbox point of view). The missions did get repetitive, but the general running-around-and-causing-trouble aspect of the game was much more fun in my opinion.

Getting chased by the Police and such is a lot more enjoyable in IV in my opinion (I can't really play SA after having played IV for so long).

I do admit that there was a lot more fun stuff to do in SA though, but im sure that V will be the same (it took them, what, three years to make IV? And that involved a lot of building from the ground up. They've had the same time frame to make V on an engine that they already are familiar with and dont need to fix bugs or issues with. I can't imagine they'll let us down).

People on GTA forums are under the Impression that Agent was a cover up and that they were working on GTAV instead (apparently Microsoft tie into that theory somewhere along the way, too, but not sure exactly how, as I've clearly missed a few things that have been getting discussed about Agent/GTAV over the last year or so).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i never said that, there are many reasons i like GTA4, and the living breathing city is only one of them, the physics where great, i loved the driving, the shooting was a hundred times better than any previous gta, i loved the online freeroam, the only things missing from gta4 where all the little side stuff from SA (which i also loved btw) and the county side, the main game wasnt as nutty as SA but TBOGT brought that stuff back in my opinion.

If GTA4 should be compared to any game in terms of content it should be GTA3 seeing as both games had to be built from the ground up unlike VC and SA

i never said that, there are many reasons i like GTA4, and the living breathing city is only one of them, the physics where great, i loved the driving, the shooting was a hundred times better than any previous gta, i loved the online freeroam, the only things missing from gta4 where all the little side stuff from SA (which i also loved btw) and the county side, the main game wasnt as nutty as SA but TBOGT brought that stuff back in my opinion.

If GTA4 should be compared to any game in terms of content it should be GTA3 seeing as both games had to be built from the ground up unlike VC and SA

But you did say it... hence why i quoted it..

I get what your saying though, there were alot of great things added to GTAIV, however i found the lackluster storyline, repetitive missions and lack of humour (when compared to previous games) outweighed the great additions.

But you did say it... hence why i quoted it..

I get what your saying though, there were alot of great things added to GTAIV, however i found the lackluster storyline, repetitive missions and lack of humour (when compared to previous games) outweighed the great additions.

quote the exact place i said aesthetics alone make a good game? meh im not internet arguing :o yeah it lacked some of the previous humor but TBOGT made up for it in my opinion, i feel like gta 4 was just rockstar getting all their new game mechanics working properly before they could create something truly great (like gta3 to SA) heres hoping i am not wrong

• Advertisement

quote the exact place i said aesthetics alone make a good game? meh im not internet arguing :o yeah it lacked some of the previous humor but TBOGT made up for it in my opinion, i feel like gta 4 was just rockstar getting all their new game mechanics working properly before they could create something truly great (like gta3 to SA) heres hoping i am not wrong

Here.

You say that it deserved the praise it got because it was one of the "most detailed modern cities ever created".

Detail= Aesthetics .

i didnt say that was the only reason it deserved the praise it got, by detailed i meant that the city felt alive with all the minuscule details that happen as you roam the city, there are much better looking games out there than gta4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Wow!! what a riveting conversation!! oh.. whats that.. no1 cares!! :p

so GTAV coming out soon I hear!! well overdue! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

you just sound like someone who loved SA and hated everything in 4, i personally think 4 deserved all the praise it got, it was and still is the most detailed modern city ever created

I really like it but that city was buggy as hell.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

As long as they let you have dogfights with the Air Force I'll be happy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Personally I think it will be San Andreas again. I also hoe they have it our at October 2012 this time. The delay to April was such a let down!

I think we will probably see a Hispanic character this time.

It's likely that the trailer will be a one minute long view of the area of San Andreas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Le King wrote: »
    It's likely that the trailer will be a one minute long view of the area of San Andreas.

Remember the gta4 trailer?

All that was was just an overview of LC and Niko explaining he is an immigrant with a dark past, one he wants to escape from.

Although its only a minute or so long, it left next to no important questions unanswered. It gave a setting, a main character and somewhat of a premise.
    If on wednesday all we get is a copy of the above trailer, i think that would be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

there was times i played vice city just to listen to the radio. it was hilarious and the music was good. driving around with a five star wanted level listening to REO Speedwagon!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://i.imgur.com/LjY0K.png - potential big spoilers if true

Impossible to know if any of this is true but its all reasonable and nothing that surprising :/

to me that sounds to good to be true, hopefully its legit though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Don't think I'm believing that tbh...they moved on from a lot of the gimmicky stuff like gang wars and things like that in IV, it just sounds like SA part 2 which has never been R*'s style. Also clearly the world hasn't moved past the 1990s with lowriding and stuff like that not really prevalent in society anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So here's the weirdest fake GTA V Trailer you're going to see.

Youtube is a strange place sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

lmao that's brilliant...nerf guns and tricycles...a satirical look at the issue of under 18s playing GTA titles?

I'm gonna call slight bull- on that link.
    However, i do hope a lot of it is true. But they seem to be just detailing a possible SA 2 (as liam o already mentioned). If its being set in SA, references to Carl Johnson can't be avoidable, surely. Yet the poster doesn't even mention it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I saw the 'V' and the whole dollar theme and assumed it was Vegas. That'd be cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Conor108 wrote: »
    I saw the 'V' and the whole dollar theme and assumed it was Vegas. That'd be cool
    Yeah I wouldn't have a problem at all with it being San An but even though I didn't love Vice City to the extent some people on here did I think my heart was kind of set on going back there and I think that even though SA was my favourite I'd prefer for them to go the old rotation. Maybe they're worried that they wont get another game out before the next gen and are going all out on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Liam O wrote: »
    Maybe they're worried that they wont get another game out before the next gen and are going all out on this one.

Unlikely they will get a third out. We'll see GTA5, some episodes and GTA6 on the next batch of consoles earlish in their lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ciaran500 wrote: »

Impossible to know if any of this is true but its all reasonable and nothing that surprising :/

I read that and thought: ''It'll only be spoilers about the location and character, it'll be grand.''

But no, I read too far and see the possible ending. Stupid, stupid, stupid! :mad:

I hope it's fake now, except the location...

J. Marston wrote: »
    I read that and thought: ''It'll only be spoilers about the location and character, it'll be grand.''

But no, I read too far and see the possible ending. Stupid, stupid, stupid! :mad:

I hope it's fake now, except the location...

It was done so brilliantly in
    RDR
    , that i cant see them doing it again. It wouldnt have the same affect, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Ciaran500 wrote: »

Is that from 4Chan? I take anything I read from 4Chan with massive pilings of skepticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It would be great if the bit about the PC version coming out at the same time as the consoles were true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

ScumLord wrote: »
    It would be great if the bit about the PC version coming out at the same time as the consoles were true.

That would be a first for a Rockstar game tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Can't wait for the trailer to come along, just looking forward to seeing what in store for. Will be starting off my Wednesday morning show with one of my favourite songs from the GTA franchise because of it; and being hopeful of the out come of the trailer I'll be posting up a Podcast later in the week with a collection of songs from the new games' respective predecessor, ala. if it's in Vice City I'll do Vice City tracks.

I don't particularly mind where it is to be quite honest, although I am sucker for Vice City and the overall feel of the cities' atmosphere, same goes for a San Andreas type enviroment - except I would prefer the multiple cities, and not just Los Santos or similar. If it's a new area all together I wouldn't mind in the slightest, as long as it has character that's all that matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ScumLord wrote: »

It would be nicer of they would script optimised it properly.

I can run bf3 on high settings on my system and gta4 runs like stabbed dog on same system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Just one more day.......

0364_mnnr.gif

I'm ready R*.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement