Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

inb4 tons of rickrolls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://www.gta5.tv/2011/10/27/gta-5-official-trailer-1/
    If you don't want to look at your own clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

tumblr_lr2f7mx7WE1qcgg99.gif

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Less than 24 hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Does everyone think theyll give it away?Or they going to just tease us and leave us with more questions than answers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Does everyone think theyll give it away?Or they going to just tease us and leave us with more questions than answers?
    Its going to be the biggest cock tease in history :pac:

And I will laugh... LAUGH I TELLS YAH!!!!

surely they will give us something proper, they have the entire gaming world in the palm of their hand ffs, there will be uproar if we get nothing from them, would be funny though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

They will give us a setting, at least one character and a hint at what the story is about. Anything else will be a bonus.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

GOURANGA!!!

CMpunked wrote: »
    They will give us a setting, at least one character and a hint at what the story is about. Anything else will be a bonus.
    Do you remember the first trailer for TES:V... its going to be like that except not as awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

So 4pm tomorrow is when the trailer hits the net.
    here is hoping it is simultaneously uploaded to the likes of Gametrailers.com and the like.

You just know the GTA5 site is going to go down with traffic :(

LighterGuy wrote: »
    So 4pm tomorrow is when the trailer hits the net.
    here is hoping it is simultaneously uploaded to the likes of Gametrailers.com and the like.

You just know the GTA5 site is going to go down with traffic :(
    What timezone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I dont believe this for a second but it I guess it could be one way of getting around the limitations of the 360 disc for large games, if it was true, but I dont believe its true.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/gta-v-to-launch-as-digital-only-release/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

What timezone?

GMT :)

Here's the link for the countdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/LjY0K.png - potential big spoilers if true

Impossible to know if any of this is true but its all reasonable and nothing that surprising :/

This might come back to bite me, but I wouldn't believe a word of that. I hear it came from 4chan...you know what those ****ing weirdos are like.

I dont believe this for a second but it I guess it could be one way of getting around the limitations of the 360 disc for large games, if it was true, but I dont believe its true.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/gta-v-to-launch-as-digital-only-release/
    The sale of this game to me is already hanging from a thread considering the awful release of the PC version of 4 if this goes digital only they have lost the sale completly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved from Games..... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The sale of this game to me is already hanging from a thread considering the awful release of the PC version of 4 if this goes digital only they have lost the sale completly.
    I'm sure they'll be devastated :D

going dd would be a great way to bypass the hardware limitations of both BR and DVD but i dont think we will see it this gen

Liam O wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll be devastated :D
    If I feel that way there has to be others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

If I feel that way there has to be others.

No, you're peculiar :D

Can they not just make a "groundbreaking" move and have it the first game released on a USB stick?

Surely that'd keep everyone happy? A physical item for the stores to stock (I'm sure most games stores love big games like GTA coming out as it keeps them ticking over) and it doesn't rely on any CD/DVD format restrictions (admittedly, a good, fast, reliable memory stick, with a decent storage capacity would up the price a lot, but sure... people will buy it).

Also, my predictions would be:

1. The 4chan nonsense is just that; nonsense.
    2. Completely new location. Will be a happier setting compared to IV, but won't be VC or SA again. I've known Rockstar my whole life, and I know they're not the one-trick pony people seem to think. I'd bet everything I own that it won't be in, near, or mention, Los Angeles.
    3. Same graphics/engine/etc. as IV. May look a tad more polished, but ultimately won't look much different at all.
    4. No real names for either location or vehicles.
    5. Lead character will be from the place the game is set (one of the biggest problems i had with Niko is that he doesn't come from anywhere in particular.

Could be completely wrong, as we all know what R* are like when they get cracking on things, but I'd be shockedif it's not a whole new city.

Can they not just make a "groundbreaking" move and have it the first game released on a USB stick?

Surely that'd keep everyone happy? A physical item for the stores to stock (I'm sure most games stores love big games like GTA coming out as it keeps them ticking over) and it doesn't rely on any CD/DVD format restrictions (admittedly, a good, fast, reliable memory stick, with a decent storage capacity would up the price a lot, but sure... people will buy it).

Also, my predictions would be:

1. The 4chan nonsense is just that; nonsense.
    2. Completely new location. Will be a happier setting compared to IV, but won't be VC or SA again. I've known Rockstar my whole life, and I know they're not the one-trick pony people seem to think. I'd bet everything I own that it won't be in, near, or mention, Los Angeles.
    3. Same graphics/engine/etc. as IV. May look a tad more polished, but ultimately won't look much different at all.
    4. No real names for either location or vehicles.
    5. Lead character will be from the place the game is set (one of the biggest problems i had with Niko is that he doesn't come from anywhere in particular.

Could be completely wrong, as we all know what R* are like when they get cracking on things, but I'd be shockedif it's not a whole new city.

to be honest im really hoping its more than a single city with no rural areas, i dont want a SA remake but i did really like the way they had such a large area with loads of little towns and three major cities as well as all the cool stuff in between

to be honest im really hoping its more than a single city with no rural areas, i dont want a SA remake but i did really like the way they had such a large area with loads of little towns and three major cities as well as all the cool stuff in between

Sorry. City was probably the wrong word to use. I should've said whole new map.

Definitely there'll be a tightly packed, hustle and bustle Liberty City-styled area, but there'll also be wide open spsaces for people to play with, too.

I think too many people were crying out for open areas after IV came out (and considering the Airport was clearly the most popular location in online play) I think R* have gotten the message that open areas are a necessity for the average gamer to really get into the game.

I reckon there'll be an area/s of the new map that'll be snow-laden. Too many PC users creating snow mods, and too many console owners saying "it'd be great if there was snow", so i'd say there'll be an ice-capped mountain in there somewhere, too.

This is all just my own opinion and prediction of course. Nobody knows what the game will contain. Rockstar have been impossibly secretive about GTAV, but they're usually good at getting a feel of what people want and giving it to them (though clearly they always like trying new things out, too).

That said, this is Rockstar. They're no slouches. Even if they did Liberty City again, I'm sure they'd find away to make you stand in awe and marvel at it. They just know their stuff too well at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Sweating bullets here ready to find out:pac: I have a feeling its LA based around Mexican gangsters but I want an 80's Vice city. Only a few more hours now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

imagine if it was set in ireland!! HAH

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I have a feeling that the annonymous post ( http://i.imgur.com/LjY0K.png) is true. I remember reading a similar spoiler post about the PS3 Slim about 6 months before it was even announced. I didnt have a PS3 at that time and was very excited. When the Slim was eventually announced, pretty much everything mentioned in the spoler was true. There were some features ( dont remember what they were) mentioned which wasnt present in the final hardware. So, i dont know. I have a feeling that what he says in that post could be true.

Anyways, we will find out in a couple of hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nodferatu wrote: »

So long as they don't have really bad Oirish accents I'd be fine with that. Plenty of countryside around to keep people happy anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 29,819 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

jmx009 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that the annonymous post ( http://i.imgur.com/LjY0K.png) is true. .

Jaysus just read that anonymous post. If the lead character is a guy called Adrian, there is a pretty huge spoiler in that post!

As much as I'd love them to recreate San Andreas in the Rage Engine, I just can't see it happening. It just sounded way too familiar and more like a remake of San Andreas than GTA V.

8 Hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Nodferatu wrote: »

Ceili music on one of the radio stations, bit of Daniel o donnell or some ****e :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement