Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

I'm bored! gonna head in now and start queueing up!

now where did I leave that reciept...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Queue in Stephens Green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I've college at 1 tomorrow so it will probably arrive just before I go out the door:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Queue in Stephens Green

That could be a deal-breaker. Morning it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The problem with living in Prodston towers is that I'll have to wait for the delivery tomorrow. I'll lower the drawbridge now in anticipation for the morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

Que now at Knocklyon xtra vision 65 people or so.

The PIC I posted is to get them stamped (this is a new stamp . not the old one we've seen before)

Lot of school kids here with there mammies. They'll be checking ID too

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Thread is gone very quiet I take it out everyones out queueing while im stuck here watching borat. Still tho...very excite !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

im getting mine in the morning about 10ish :) or so i was told ... be war if its not their when i get in

14murphy wrote: »
    Thread is gone very quiet I take it out everyones out queueing while im stuck here watching borat. Still tho...very excite !!

I'm on my phone . battery at 7%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Gonna take a spin to GameStop at about 00:15, surely most of the queue will have pissed off by then! After tonight's Breaking Bad I am a complete mess and in no mood for queuing!

Kenno90 wrote: »
    I'm on my phone . battery at 7%

hype @ 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

mutley18 wrote: »
    Gonna take a spin to GameStop at about 00:15, surely most of the queue will have pissed off by then! After tonight's Breaking Bad I am a complete mess and in no mood for queuing!

This is the GTA forum, please don't take about BrBa, haven't seen it yet and don't expect spoilers in here! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭pompeyboi

For those of us who ordered online, we're here tucked up in bed waiting for it to be here when we wake up...Its gonna be a long night, doubt I'll sleep much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

14murphy wrote: »

Watching Boarat myself in front of a blazing fire! Would trade it tho to get my hands on the game in 20 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I would like to wish you all a very happy GTA 5 day

GTA 5 day is the new Christmas day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Did anyone order from Game? Bought the GTAV console pack and ordered using a Parcel Motel address. Got an email Saturday night/Sunday morning saying it was shipped but that's the last I heard. Getting anxious now :(

Queueing in Gamestop Killarney, there must be 100 + waiting, didn't expect it to be this busy! Glad I came in a few mins early!

• Advertisement

This is the GTA forum, please don't take about BrBa, haven't seen it yet and don't expect spoilers in here! :P

I wouldn't dare post BB spoilers! :eek:

pompeyboi wrote: »
    For those of us who ordered online, we're here tucked up in bed waiting for it to be here when we wake up...Its gonna be a long night, doubt I'll sleep much!

im working all night until 8 tomorrow, new job started night shifts and all i can think about is getting in a massive gunfight with the poooliceeee, gonna be one hell of a long night haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

Anyone around xtravision in clondalkin?? Queues yet???

anyone?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Watching Borat too. Was half tempted to run out the door to xtra vision across the road, seeing as I'm awake!

I only pre-ordered (special edition) off gamestop today. When do you reckon the delivery date will be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Not posting here again for a while. Thursday and Friday booked off, get the game later. Sweet. Bought a 42 inch tv for $70. Oh yeahhhhhh:D

antodeco wrote: »
    Watching Borat too. Was half tempted to run out the door to xtra vision across the road, seeing as I'm awake!

I only pre-ordered (special edition) off gamestop today. When do you reckon the delivery date will be?
    Personally, I think you wont get it till thurs/fri due to you ordering it late

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

So it begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

Plug wrote: »
    Not posting here again for a while. Thursday and Friday booked off, get the game later. Sweet. Bought a 42 inch tv for $70. Oh yeahhhhhh:D

where? thats a good deal :)

Merry Christmas everyone! What did everyone get? I got Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. :(

• Advertisement

The amount of consoles getting switched on at this very moment, surely theres gunna be a power surge lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Picking mine up tomorrow. Will be staying away from the internet until I have finished the story.
    See ye on the other side lads it's been emotional. :D

Well I'd like to say a big thanks to everyone on here and everyone who's worked so hard behind the scenes and of course Rockstar themselves. Its been some journey with u guys but now It's here...what we've all been waiting for.....Grand theft auto 5 is out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 E-Dogg

I saw a vid of the Q in Blanch SC. It's massive.

I'd link the vid, but it was uploaded straight to a friend's FB. I'm sure it, and more, will make the rounds though.

Very well done by Gamestop I have to say, I was about 50 back from tge front of the queue but once they started giving out copies of the game I was only waiting about 3 mins!

Now off to deprive myself of a few hours sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

E-Dogg wrote: »
    I saw a vid of the Q in Blanch SC. It's massive.

I'd link the vid, but it was uploaded straight to a friend's FB. I'm sure it, and more, will make the rounds though.

I reckon I saw the same video! I got out of the cinema at 11:40 drove around to the green car park and drove straight back out 60-70+ cars there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Henry street Dublin an hour ago scroll to the right ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

God Bless Gamestop for their efficiency at quarter to twelve. Nite. Im about to jump out of a blimp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    where? thats a good deal :)

Oz from a crack whore.

Installing now, PS3 Special Version, I'm Happy :D

The Queue was still big when i left 10 mins ago.

The stamp queue stopped moving from 12 on wards to make way for the guys who had it stamped, seen loads trying to chance their arm by skipping and trying their luck, they were sent packing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Waiting for the postman tomorrow is going to be tough.

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    Waiting for the postman tomorrow is going to be tough.

I feel ya bro, I feel ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Just after getting it that was someone quene in Henry Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Well guys, I got the game at about 3 minutes past midnight and have got it home. Guess what? The PS3 won't play it, heartbroken to say the least.
    Can't afford a PS3 for another good few weeks so this is pretty much it.

Honestly just feel like crying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

So jealous.

I had better get a copy tomorrow at lunch time. I can't wait any longer.

SV wrote: »
    Well guys, I got the game at about 3 minutes past midnight and have got it home. Guess what? The PS3 won't play it, heartbroken to say the least.

Feel sorry for u man, just cash it back in 2moro if there really is no way of playing...get ur money back atleast :(

That Q was something else, the GS guys said it was the biggest they've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

My atomic blimp code invalid sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 E-Dogg

SV wrote: »

Is it just not reading the disc, or not installing, or crashing post installation?

Ok so I just picked up the game in GameStop, home now installing and just looked at the receipt and shouldn't it be stamped collected? He basically handed me back the exact same receipt, do they scan them or what? I thought they would stamp it ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

mutley18 wrote: »
    Ok so I just picked up the game in GameStop, home now installing and just looked at the receipt and shouldn't it be stamped collected? He basically handed me back the exact same receipt, do they scan them or what? I thought they would stamp it ??

Ya they should have its just to make things easier on the night, in the system is will still be marked as collected.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement