Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

It's most likely going to be in Vice City.

I'm on a forum where this supposed hacker, hacked in to Rockstar a got some info. He says he's giving Rockstar til E3 to release the info otherwise he will himself.

He posted this last night under the username RockstarLeaks. He posted a list of Rockstars personal email addresses too. Ones that can't be found on the interwebs. He also posted this:

c9AT4.png

He also got some info on Max Payne 3.

Another important thing he posted is this....

QUOTE (RockstarLeaks)
    They're working on two new GTA games. Both citie(s) that we've seen before but being revisited again. ONE of them being in another country but the major upcoming one in the U.S.

And...

Yes, oh definitely. The graphics are going to be a huge improvement from GTA IV.

I don't know the size, the game still has a while to go, it's nowhere finished yet but I do expect it to come out Q1 or Q2 2012.

I can't reveal features until E3 or that would be revealing content.

And....

QUOTE (RockstarLeaks)
    QUOTE (Seminole)
    If you are that excited you should give us some hints to figure out the city for the 360/PS3 game ;-)

I definitely won't reveal that yet but just use common sense on the remakes we've seen so far.

This is my last post until E3, depending on R* revealing GTA or not.

See you all then!

Oh and here's the Read Me in Zip that he sent to Rockstar. I downloaded the Zip and it contains an image with multiplayer control response table. So I think the guy is legit. Anyway here's the Read Me...
    These documents detail the following information:

- Test results between different games and Max Payne 3. Reload timing & much more.

- How much of it is a work in progress. From the looks of it, the game is alomst done and
    just needs a few testing and whatnot to do.

- There is a level referred to as "NM". My guess would be New Mexico but who knows.

- They're integrating a lot of code from RDR (Red Dead Redemption) for Multiplayer and Single Player.

- TONS of other notes and details that you'll just have to read to see.

- Also:

If you have a login to NaturalMotion, which I don't, then you can look at some
    exclusive Max Payne 3 footage below:

https://jira.naturalmotion.com/browse/MAXP-290
    https://jira.naturalmotion.com/browse/MAXP-289
    https://jira.naturalmotion.com/browse/MAXP-296
    https://jira.naturalmotion.com/browse/MAXP-280

Note to Rockstar Games:

If you don't reveal details on the next "Grand Theft Auto" game by the end of E3 2011, then consider it leaked.

Your employee(s) are idiots and you yourselves are not secure in any shape or form.

I have nothing personally against your company or your employees besides my thirst for information.

That is all ;-)

-- More to come *soon* if you don't do what I am asking you to in this little note. --

If he's legit, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for Rockstar to win him over with a load of merchandise and an advanced copy of an upcoming game for him to sign a contract saying he won't open his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I assume this is a fake? A PC modded version of GTA IV?

http://vimeo.com/21104915

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ah I'd say its bull. Usually they would have a website set up before they release screen pictures.

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    I assume this is a fake? A PC modded version of GTA IV?

http://vimeo.com/21104915

Doesn't look slightly convincing but thanks for the link nonetheless.

1. It's Liberty City
    2. It's says Liberty City in the title
    3. You can see that it's Liberty City
    4. There's modded cars in it that are more like real cars such as the Humvee and what looks like the Citreon C4.
    5. It's not a trailer.

Lol.

GTA V will most likely be announced at this summers E3 gaming convention in June.

Rockstar have 3 triple A games in the works. Max Payne 3, L.A. Noire (with Team Bondi) and GTA V. A month after L.A. Noire is released we might get a revealed logo for GTA V at E3 but nothing more I'd imagine. They'll then spend 6-12 months marketing and hyping it up. So I wouldn't expect it out until 2012 anyway. Maybe at the start of 2012 or this time next year depending on which game they decide to release first. Max Payne 3 or GTA V.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

GTA V will most likely be announced at this summers E3 gaming convention in June.

Rockstar have 3 triple A games in the works. Max Payne 3, L.A. Noire (with Team Bondi) and GTA V.

Well thats a bit of good news!

I wonder was their any truth in Mensch Maschine post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's a cert for E3 I reckon. Wouldn't be surprised to see it announced for the new Nintendo console either.

Looking forward to seeing the new Nintendo console. Unfortunately it looks unlikely that we'll see an announcement of GTA V at E3. Rockstar wont have a stall there. This is coming from IGN who's director also wrote/said this...
    Jim Reilly the person from IGN, who wrote ''heard interesting things about the next Grand Theft Auto'', also told that ''2012 is the release of Grand Theft Auto V and BioShock: Infinite''
    That's a misquote...

He tweeted this...
    "With Grand Theft Auto V and BioShock Infinite coming in 2012, now's the time to buy some Take-Two stock."

He's a credible source. He's the editor of IGN. IGN also have their thing on Live. Also he wouldn't want to ruin his or anyone else's rep.

EDIT: Take Two, Rockstars parent company are at E3. They are the parent company of 2Kgames and Rockstar so there's 50% chance we'll see Rockstar.

Sorry for the double post but came across this...
    In a quarterly financial briefing, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick had this to say about the upcoming 2013 fiscal year, which runs from April 1st 2012 to March 31st 2013.

While it is still very early to discuss fiscal 2013, we have a very strong pipeline of titles in development and currently expect to achieve substantial earnings growth, including Non-GAAP earnings per share in excess of $2.00.

— Strauss Zelnick, CEO of Take-Two
    While it is still too early to tell if this means we will be seeing Grand Theft Auto V in 2012/early 2013, one thing is clear; Take-Two definitely has something big planned, as the last time Take-Two made such profits was in 2008, right after the release of Grand Theft Auto IV.
    See the full Take-Two quarterly financial briefing here.

So basically, the last time Take Two saw Non-GAAP earnings go over $2.00 per share was in 2008, at the release of IV. So I'm pretty sure, with my above post aswell that GTA V or whatever it's gonna be called will be released sometime next year, 2012.

****, I can't wait soo long. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Rockstar have 3 triple A games in the works. Max Payne 3, L.A. Noire (with Team Bondi) and GTA V.

You can add Agent to that list, the PS3 exclusive game announced way back in 2007. It is also been developed by Rockstar North, so same guys as GTA.
    A month after L.A. Noire is released we might get a revealed logo for GTA V at E3 but nothing more I'd imagine.

That's possible, I wouldn't expect anymore as Rockstar have confirmed they won't be at E3.

Agent has been in development for some time, I wouldn't be surprised to hear something regarding it soon enough, im sure Sony want to get it out soon. So Max Payne 3 (disappointed Remedy are not doing this btw :( ), GTA IV: Somewhere and then Agent perhaps in the next 2 years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I cant wait another 12 months if there is sone announcement made in the next few weeks/months :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

No word on Agent anywhere this E3, very strange. Maybe it's been cancelled.

No word on Agent anywhere this E3, very strange. Maybe it's been cancelled.

It seems Take 2 confirmed it was still in development in May, and at E3 Jack Tretton said that the games exclusivity was up to Rockstar. A bit strange Rockstar would make the game for the PS3 only if no deal was struck with Sony.

Not surprised at the lack of GTA info at E3, aww well!

What bugs me, is that there's no sense in keeping it so long between games.

Clearly people are wanting a new GTA, there's always been demand for the series, and the games make an absolute fortune for Rockstar.

It's been so long since IV that clearly V would sell like mad. Why take so long? From a gamer and business standpoint, it makes no sense to put it on the back burner.

Benzine, my bad, I was supposed to say Agent instead of L.A. Noire. And although it's kind of sad Remedy aren't doing Payne I'm glad it went to Rockstar. The did an excellent game version of The Warriors and I think they'll be faithful to the series and really do it justice.

@KKV: I know, I feel your pain. IV, although enjoyable, didn't fulfil my dreams of San Andreas 2 if you know what I mean. Technically superb game when it came to graphics and physics but lack of content/replayability let me down.

Also we've had 2 or 3 Saints Row games (although not as good as GTA) on the 360/PS3 and only one GTA game excluding DLC and the 360 is around 5 years. That's depressing.

Footage of the new Saints Row is actually enticing and it might actually tie me over til V comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I don't think it's going to be GTA V. It'll either be Vice City or San Andreas 2 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Lads does anyone know if San Andreas is out on Xbox 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

but the xbox orginal version it plays on the 360 :D played it last month gud times, only bad thing is you cant use xbox live and play

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    but the xbox orginal version it plays on the 360 :D played it last month gud times, only bad thing is you cant use xbox live and play

Xbox original games play on the xbox 360?? First time i heard hat?
    I used to have San Andreas on PS2. It was the best game I ever played. Just wondering if I could get it for Xbox 360.

Xbox original games play on the xbox 360?? First time i heard hat?
    I used to have San Andreas on PS2. It was the best game I ever played. Just wondering if I could get it for Xbox 360.
    ya they do, u have to but the xbox original version then it will play on the 360, or there is another way u can download it from xbox live i dunno how much it cost but it costs microsoft points!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

The Xbox Live Arcade version was well worth the purchase - it just feels a lot smoother (and quieter) running it from the HD. I just wish they'd make Vice City available for download, the framerate seems way off anytime I play the disc on my 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I really hope this one will be like Vice City. I found GTA 4 to be disappointing, to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's available to download from the xBox Live Marketplace, can't remember how much for.

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    ya they do, u have to but the xbox original version then it will play on the 360,

Sorry what do ya mean by that? I'm not great on these things. Are you just saying that you can the the original xbox version and just put it in the 360 and it will play? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

http://tinyurl.com/4x2f7bn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Sorry what do ya mean by that? I'm not great on these things. Are you just saying that you can the the original xbox version and just put it in the 360 and it will play? Thanks

Yep, you can play the original Xbox version of San Andreas on the 360 without any problems. Alternatively, it's 1200 points to download at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Yep, you can play the original Xbox version of San Andreas on the 360 without any problems. Alternatively, it's 1200 points to download at the moment.
    They got rid of backwards compatibility on the newer 360s I think...I have an older one so it's ok for me.

Liam O wrote: »
    They got rid of backwards compatibility on the newer 360s I think...I have an older one so it's ok for me.

works fine on my elite

Rumours saying it'll be out next year
    Gamespot wrote:

Saying that Rockstar Games is working on a new Grand Theft Auto game isn't exactly a bold prediction. However, sources close to the Take-Two Interactive subsidiary have confirmed to GameSpot that the next installment in the blockbuster series is "well under way" and is already having final touches such as minigames being applied to it. The sources said a 2012 release was "pretty likely," adding that the game's scale was vast.

"It's the big one," they said.

Development of the next GTA is "well under way."
    Unfortunately, the sources would not divulge any further details on the project, which is already the subject of much speculation. A recent set of casting calls from a talent agency point to the game as being set in a Los Angeles-like metropolis, with a motley crew of California characters being filled for a voice-over session. Prior rumors had the game being set in the Miami clone Vice City.

As of press time, Rockstar reps did not have any comment on casting calls, the game's setting, or whether a new GTA was even in development.

Wherever the next GTA is set, it will have some big shoes to fill. Its predecessor, Grand Theft Auto IV, was a massive success for Rockstar and Take-Two. As of March 2011, the game had sold nearly 20 million copies, placing it among the top-selling games of all time. Its forebearer, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, sold more than 12 million units globally, with its domestic 9.8 million-unit haul putting it in NPD's top 10 US best sellers of the 2000s.

Source

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I hope GTAV is a return to form for the series. I would like to see over the top action, ridiculous guns, and jetpacks. Cant emphasise the jetpacks enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement