Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Looks like San Andreas, in the video you have surrounding mountains and what looks like desert land. Cannot wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Liam O wrote: »
    looks like just Los Santos from the trailer and the surrounding areas, am craving San Andreas now though so I'll be very disappointed if it's not the full shabang.

Lots of mountain shots in there, its got to be at least most of the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PuddleMooders

LighterGuy wrote: »
    IGN is thinking Tommy Vercetti appears in the trailer (dude with the suit for a brief second)

Kinda looks like him alright.

To me that dude looked like Charlie Sheen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

LighterGuy wrote: »
    IGN is thinking Tommy Vercetti appears in the trailer (dude with the suit for a brief second)

Kinda looks like him alright.

Sounds abit like him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Liam O wrote: »
    looks like just Los Santos from the trailer and the surrounding areas, am craving San Andreas now though so I'll be very disappointed if it's not the full shabang.

They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if it's only a portion of SA, i reckon it's the whole place anyway. Seems to be set in modern times, and i could swear blind i saw an Audi R8 and that mad expensive Landrover too. And could that be CJ running from the police at the end??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

The character is Tommy Vercetti from Vice City according to IGN which seems correct going by image comparisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really surprised to hear the Small Faces as the title tune. Real psychadelic 60s tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Sounded like Tommy Vercetti at the start and, coupled with the beach, I thought we were getting Vice City :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If it was San Andreas, there would have been glimpse at Las Venturas and San Fierro. But there wasn't. Maybe they plan to show them in later trailers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

thorbarry wrote: »
    fair play, i was on the website and it played fine, no crashing or anything.

Looks graphically very good, and we all know the gameplay is going to be great

Well, GTA IV was fairly horrendous. I got so bored I just stopped playing it. A first for a RockStar game for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

So Los Santos and a bit of countryside it looks like. I was hoping for a better trailer and a possible release date but I'm happy enough that we're headed back to San Andreas. Looks incredible visually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

cars look cool

junkies every were ...

guns im gonna have some fun

lets fvck this **** up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

JETS! They have jets, and jets mean parachute!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Present day Tommy Vercetti the main character!!!!!! :eek:

Get on to the ign stream
    Yea that's what I'm thinking. He's moved from Vice City in the present day. Nice windmills :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

I'd say we'll only get Los Santos and the the two other cities will comes as DLC just like Ballad of Tony and the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

At 1:06.........please say that's C Jay running from the police. Certainly looks like him!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

with large hard drives as standard (i think) on the xbox now, they can make a much bigger game than GTA4.

hopefully will cover the 3 areas again. cannot wait. just hope they go back to making it a bit more fun and less of a simulator

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Tommy Vercettis voice was done by Ray Liotta.That does not sound like Ray Liotta at all doing the voiceover at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

No chance of 3 cities imo, too much work for current gen anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

If it was San Andreas, there would have been glimpse at Las Venturas and San Fierro. But there wasn't. Maybe they plan to show them in later trailers?

Pause the trailer anytime the front/rear of a car is in shot, all the licence plates say San Andreas. I'm hoping for LV and SF aswell but like you say they might be just trying to save something for future trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Well, GTA IV was fairly horrendous. I got so bored I just stopped playing it. A first for a RockStar game for me.
    I don't think you'll really like this one either then though. :(

Who was the black running from the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

The first trailer for GTA: San Andreas only showed Los Santos, I'd be shocked if this wasn't the whole San Andreas in GTA 5. Look at all the countryside on show aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Pause it when the blue sports car is coming towards the screen, it says San Andreas on the licence plate, also, it has the Vine Wood near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

the main character sounds very spanish at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Vinewood was in San Andreas. Its in the GTA SA trailer.

Good to see them going back there. It looks very impressive and glad to see the planes back again. The old crop duster is back!

I'm shocked. Literally shocked. Is that like three R* games in a row in LA?

It looks great, but still... seems a bit... I dunno...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Well, that's pretty impressive stuff right there. I want it now, right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

I don't think you'll really like this one either then though. :(

Why, is it going to be the same engine as IV? God, I hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,816 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

That trailer made me happy, I am looking forward to it now.. Off to play some GTA-IV once work is done... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement