Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

shrewdness wrote: »
    The first trailer for GTA: San Andreas only showed Los Santos, I'd be shocked if this wasn't the whole San Andreas in GTA 5. Look at all the countryside on show aswell.

Exactly.
    They showed alot of areas that were in the original.
    The mountain countryside ... the crop fields ...

sure even the fighter jet is shown.

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

2smiggy wrote: »
    with large hard drives as standard (i think) on the xbox now, they can make a much bigger game than GTA4.

Doesn't matter, DVD only has 8.5GB of space.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just watched it again and noted the licence plates. Awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

iMuse wrote: »
    No chance of 3 cities imo, too much work for current gen anyway.
    IGN seem to say Rockstar have confirmed it's in San Andreas featuring the 3 cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pause it when the blue sports car is coming towards the screen, it says San Andreas on the licence plate, also, it has the Vine Wood near the end.
    Vinewood is in LS, and Los Santos is in San Andreas though...

• Advertisement

Its definitely San Andreas :D
    good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

2smiggy wrote: »
    with large hard drives as standard (i think) on the xbox now, they can make a much bigger game than GTA4.

hopefully will cover the 3 areas again. cannot wait. just hope they go back to making it a bit more fun and less of a simulator

Not everyone has large hard drives, some don't have any at all. It would seriously affect sales if it was an install only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I doubt it's tommy. isn't it a different canon universe since iv. i'd love it if it was him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,816 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I might be wrong, but at 0:56 where the guy is hammering in the For Sale sign, is this where you start out in San Andreas? Your crib if you will :pac: (CJ's gaff)

Why, is it going to be the same engine as IV? God, I hope not.
    I'm not sure, I had presumed though..
    Rud wrote: »
    Tommy Vercettis voice was done by Ray Liotta.That does not sound like Ray Liotta at all doing the voiceover at all
    But he'd be 25 years older now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Awesome...big visual upgrade, love the mix of environments, planes are back....damn, I just want to go there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Player character imo, he shows up a few times

v3lz02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

The mountain looks way bigger than the one in SA.

1:04 it looks like theres a blimp in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    I doubt it's tommy. isn't it a different canon universe since iv. i'd love it if it was him though.

If it's not Tommy I'm almost sure that's CJ at 1:04

dulpit wrote: »
    I might be wrong, but at 0:56 where the guy is hammering in the For Sale sign, is this where you start out in San Andreas? Your crib if you will :pac: (CJ's gaff)

He mentions he has a big house already. So that could be the base.

IGN are saying R* have confirmed it wild take place in San Andreas. I presume they've known this for a while now with all these stories popping up
    San Andreas is the largest GTA location with three cities, and eight counties. It features lots of fast-food joints and ammo shops.

In GTA: San Andreas, the city of San Fierro shows signs of a recent earthquake. Various radio news reports confirm that a quake had recently taken place.

The city of Los Santos features famous Los Angeles landmarks including the Hollywood Sign, the Watts Towers, the Capitol Tower, the U.S. Bank Tower and the Santa Monica Pier.

San Andreas' gambling mecca is called Las Venturas, translated from Spanish means 'The Fortune'

Rural areas of San Andreas include xdeserts and redwoods and feature various steroetypical crazed rednecks.

The tallest mountain in San Andreas is Mount Chiliad, about 800 metres high, roughly the same as Mt. Tamalpais in Marin County, just north of San Francisco.

The main bridges in San Andreas are the Gant Bridge, clearly modelled after The Golden Gate, and the Garver Bridge, modelled after the Forth Road Bridge in Edinburgh, Scotland. The GTA games are made in Scotland.

San Andreas includes a theme park called 'Glory Hole'. However, although mentioned, it is not physically evident.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas includes many experimental gameplay oddities, including the threat of obesity (you had to work out to stay trim). It offered over 200 vehicles. The game featured mild RPG elements that were not repeated in later games.

In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, you could go sky-diving.
    These are just facts about the last game by the way.

profitius wrote: »
    The mountain looks way bigger than the one in SA.

1:04 it looks like theres a blimp in the sky.

Also at 1:14.

W2QCw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

At 1:06.........please say that's C Jay running from the police. Certainly looks like him!

How old would he be now?
    dulpit wrote: »

rockstargames.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

looks great, was hoping for some sort of release date though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

profitius wrote: »
    He mentions he has a big house already. So that could be the base.

Or both CJ and Tommy could be playable characters. There's a lot of contrast between the wealthy glamourous San Andreas and the down and out skid row San Andreas. If Tommy has made it as a big time gangster and CJ's still a struggling local hood - or even the guy hammering in the for sale sign - then......I dunno. One thing Rockstar do brilliantly is fuel speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

A BMX in front of the house at :56 loved doing wheelies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Rud wrote: »
    Tommy Vercettis voice was done by Ray Liotta.That does not sound like Ray Liotta at all doing the voiceover at all

Rockstar fell out with Liotta if i'm right because he ran his mouth off about 'asking for more money next time'. Doubt they'd get him back when people don't care that much.

Rockstar has confirmed that Grand Theft Auto V will be set in its fictional world of San Andreas.

San Andreas is a fictional U.S Southwestern state which includes three cites based on real U.S cities - Los Santos, (Los Angeles), San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas). Rockstar has a habit of tweaking its cities, and GTA V is set in modern day, so it's possible that area names and the city's layout will change.

aaaa_1320249078.jpg

Previously, it has only appeared in one game - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which came out in 2004. That game was based in the early 1990s against a a backdrop of drug crimes and gang warfare. It drew heavily upon cultural references such as the movie Boyz n the Hood and musical influences such as Tupac.

San Andreas differs from GTA 4's Liberty City not only in that it comprises three cities - and rural territory between them - but also in its heavy California culture.

GTA: San Andreas remains the best-selling PlayStation 2 game of all time.
    Niccce

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Turbine wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, DVD only has 8.5GB of space.

having an install with a few disks if need be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

The sports cars look absolutely amazing. Pity there was no release date though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,935 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is this video up on youtube yet?

Love the detail of the cloud movements. :eek:

gtavcu1x.gif

The GTA world never looked so good.

Have to say the game looks visually amazing. Which is unlike most GTA games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

the trailer gave me wood the second i saw it.

the mountain range pic is similar to something like yellowstone national park in california

its a mix between old los santos and the nicer parts of cali/hollywood

LOOKS ****ING MINT!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement