Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I have a boner as big as Mount Chiliad for this game

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

yeah its on youtube.its titled san andreas 2 though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

did anyone spot many modern cars? Some of them looked a bit dated, could be late 90s? Also some construction work being done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Can't believe its San Andreas again. Happy as a pig in **** now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

Liam O wrote: »
    did anyone spot many modern cars? Some of them looked a bit dated, could be late 90s? Also some construction work being done...

It's set in the present day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Any I the only one disappointed it's not Vice City :confused::(

Still SA is a close 2nd favourite for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'm shocked. Literally shocked. Is that like three R* games in a row in LA?

It looks great, but still... seems a bit... I dunno...

They're all "LA" but they're also all different LA's. Besides the Landscape of California/San Andreas is perfectly reasonable to use, it's hugely diverse between city and countryside, even in real life that's why it was chosen for the Movie industry...also to say fcuk you to copyright holders in NYC.

It's set in the present day.
    yeah just noticed the Range Rover...

though the feel of the trailer isn't a modern day LA...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

calex71 wrote: »
    Any I the only one disappointed it's not Vice City :confused::(

Still SA is a close 2nd favourite for me.

I agree that VC was the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Wind turbines in late 90's?? Don't think so... Thats the biggest givaway for me, other more subtle arguable indicators aswell.

• Advertisement

I agree that VC was the best.
    I don't think it was the best but it's the one due for a next gen update imo, SA is still very playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is this video up on youtube yet?

720P :D

yeah just noticed the Range Rover...

though the feel of the trailer isn't a modern day LA...

They said they're really playing up the recession as the backdrop. Look at the people on the street, the homes going up for sale. Could be interesting.
    America is really suffering from the financial crisis, unemployment is off the charts....hopefully we see a huge contrast between the massive wealthy and poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It's not tommy vercetti as the title character.

One of the first things he says is he moved there "for the weather".
    Vice city has the same, if not better, weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

There was enough in that trailer to keep me happy anyway. Hopefully San Fierro and Las Venturas will be included.

At least we know there'll be some countryside at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

GTAVPlanespraying.gif

The only question now is, will we ever see VC redone?

Think about it - it was a massive change from dark and dreary LC. Now that SA also has beaches as well as two extra cities, what would be the point going backwards and doing 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

it really does look like him alright

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RayMers

Think of the multi player... and with the size of the maps... omg i cant wait!

I think I may be completing San Andreas once again over the next few days :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

That is disappointing. San Andreas was a bit of a snooze. It didn't have the charm, music or characters of vice city. Spread itself too thin. GTA4 continued that trend.

Vice City had it all really and its a shame that they've left it out of this generation.

I'd be fairly certain its tommy vercetti. He is probably referring to new york where he's from.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The only question now is, will we ever see VC redone?

Think about it - it was a massive change from dark and dreary LC. Now that SA also has beaches as well as two extra cities, what would be the point going backwards and doing 1?
    For the next generation of consoles they could though, I imagine that will look unreal.

I hope they never go back to Liberty City though, it's dull and boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think it's a massive shame that it's San Andreas and not Vice City that has been looked at for this.

However, I do like San Andreas a lot and that trailer looks superb. I can't wait for some more information to be released :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

That is disappointing. San Andreas was a bit of a snooze. It didn't have the charm, music or characters of vice city. Spread itself too thin. GTA4 continued that trend.

Vice City had it all really and its a shame that they've left it out of this generation.
    ah come on!

A lower, but longer and better version

I did love Vice City though.
    They're both great and distinct, something I don't feel with Liberty City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

CMpunked wrote: »
    It's not tommy vercetti as the title character.

One of the first things he says he moved there "for the weather".
    Vice city has the same, I'd not better, weather.

Maybe if its meant to be contrasting Florida and California there would be no tropical storms/hurricanes etc. #clutchingatstraws :P

I'd be fairly certain its tommy vercetti. He is probably referring to new york where he's from.
    San Andreas was a snooze? That's a ridiculous thing to say imo, the map was several times bigger than VC, had fantastic music and great characters. Officer Tenpenny is probably the best GTA character of all time, James Woods' character was great in it too. Each city had it's own feel and for a map that big I always felt familiarity driving around. Flying in it is amazing too.

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Maybe if its meant to be contrasting Florida and California there would be no tropical storms/hurricanes etc. #clutchingatstraws :P

Considering the fact that Rockstar have announced it is San Andreas, those straws aren't real. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

Yeah that born brown colour palette didn't do it for me. I like neon lights and 80s electro driving on my faggio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Yeah, that was SA downfall for me. Just too big, I never got a sense of the map. I knew the streets of VC like the back of my hand. I think there is such a thing as too large a map. Red Dead Redemption is another perfect sized map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

That trailer looked like Sims. Seemed so realistic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement