Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

3vsDMs.jpg

Cannot wait for this :D loved flying around SA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

And play San Andreas now :confused:
    i never completed it. I'd probably ruin the gta5 experience?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

DOGFIGHTS!!!!!!

Hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Crappest part is what wasn't in the trailer..... a release date. I can see it being a long wait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'm delighted it's San Andreas, so much scope for things to do with the next gen engine.

Maybe I'm on my own with this but is anyone else glad they left Vice City alone? It was an unbelievable game but a one-off I think. The whole thing just fitted perfectly; the 80's setting in Miami, the soundtrack, the whole Scarface/Miami Vice etc. references, I just think if it was done again it just wouldn't measure up as it would either be inferior or a bad copy. Yes, with the PS3 they could do alot more with the game but Vice City couldn't be bettered I don't think. With San Andreas you could stick it in any era and make it unique due to the sheer size of it and the amount the map encompasses. If Vice City was in another decade would/could it be as good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Anyone else notice the name of the jetski? Speedophile 2000 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

shrewdness wrote: »
    I'm delighted it's San Andreas, so much scope for things to do with the next gen engine.

Maybe I'm on my own with this but is anyone else glad they left Vice City alone? It was an unbelievable game but a one-off I think. The whole thing just fitted perfectly; the 80's setting in Miami, the soundtrack, the whole Scarface/Miami Vice etc. references, I just think if it was done again it just wouldn't measure up as it would either be inferior or a bad copy. Yes, with the PS3 they could do alot more with the game but Vice City couldn't be bettered I don't think. With San Andreas you could stick it in any era and make it unique due to the sheer size of it and the amount the map encompasses. If Vice City was in another decade would/could it be as good?

Think it's a good thing. If they were going back to VC, they'd have to bring it into the 90's or the present day, and then everyone would be bitching even more.

Delighted with SA, want to do some doughnuts around Grove Street again. :D

While I hope it is all three cities, I think I'd be ok with it only being LS as that was my favourite city in SA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Interesting trailer. I think the main character could well be Tommy Vercetti, as previously suggested. The monologue talks about retirement. Vercetti in his late 40s/early 50s. The recession also looks to be a big theme with scenes of homeless people against very wealthy. It also matches the casting call for GTA and the descriptions of the characters ie. the one who owns a restaurant in Beverley Hills. One of the characters in that ad was a McReary so there's a possibility there might be a return for the Irish again (:))

I think it will be just Los Angeles and some surrounding area. It'll amaze me if they're able to do that much detail in more than one city for a game. The sign mentioned "Los Puerta" to the North of Los Santos which could mean Los Padres National Forest which is north of LA in real life, which could explain the countryside scenes?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finally got to watch it.

This. Looks. Brilliant.

Looks like there's more fun to be had than in GTAIV (hoping you can really use crop dusters to spray people).

Seems like it might be a little less serious in terms of story (seems like a fairly generic story rather than what we saw of Niko's in early trailers ("I'M THE ONE... WHO SURVIVED!"))

Location looks more open and less gloomy than Liberty City, and if it's all of San Andreas, there'll probably be a lot of variation in pedestrians.

Modern day setting, which hopefully means a lot more Internet and phone use, but used better (No Dwayne, I don't want to go get something to eat with you. And don't get pissy with me. I'm currently being chased by the Feds)

Wish we saw some of Las Venturas (I have no doubt it will look incredible) if it's the full San Andreas. Also wish we saw the main character, even just a final view of him firing a gun at the end of the trailer. I can see the resemblance to Tommy Vercetti's voice, but I doubt it's him (Ray Liotta or Tommy Vercetti). Sounded like a bit of a Mexican in his voice, but not overly so.

Either way....

F*CK YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Vercetti=Italian

Voice in trailer=Spanish

Can we move past this please :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

There's some people saying that the homeless guy holding the sign looks like an older, fatter Niko

Los santos as the main game on the disk, San fierro and Las venturas as DLC :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,821 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I agree, don't think Vercetti is the main character but I think he will def be in it. Those 4chan reports are looking like they might be true, Hispanic main character set in San Andreas.

LOL

gta5_0137i3.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Hopefully it will be a decent PC port this time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

58 seconds in - down and out Niko?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

MOUNTAIN!

YYYYUUUUSSSSSZ!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

damn it rockstar i need more info :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Johner wrote: »
    58 seconds in - down and out Niko?

Maybe...

V21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

If everyone thinks he's Latino, the main character then could be yer man on the jet ski and red convertible? This would correspond with the supposed spoiler someone put up from Rockstar the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

I really don't think that's CJ running from the cops.

For those saying it's Los Santos only. The wind turbine pic reveals a lot.

V7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

My one wish was for it to be San Andreas - I didn't spot anything that looked like San Fierro or Las Venturas in the trailer,but Los Santos and Mount Chiliad are definitely there! A date please Rockstar!

Maybe...

V21.jpg

Nah, the forehead look's too big to me, and the eyes are different, not just aging, but they seem totally different to me. But that's just me.

For those saying it's Los Santos only. The wind turbine pic reveals a lot.

V7.jpg

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Nah, the forehead look's too big to me, and the eyes are different, not just aging, but they seem totally different to me. But that's just me.

V21.jpggta4fanart4.jpg

Could be maybe hard to tell really.

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Clothing is quite similar to what Niko was wearing in the beginning of GTA IV. At least the jacket is anyway. I'll have a look later.

Maybe Rockstar are just teasing us :D

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    V21.jpggta4fanart4.jpg

Could be maybe hard to tell really.

I could be wrong, I just don't see enough similarities to make me think it's Niko.

How so?

.... desert. Las Venturas being near by, etc.

• Advertisement

People haver to stop comparing older games, and saying because X city was a great game, this would be.

They are only locations, sure I've seen some howler films set in NYC and some amazing ones.

The setting is irrelevant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement