Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Clothing is quite similar to what Niko was wearing in the beginning of GTA IV. At least the jacket is anyway. I'll have a look later.

Maybe Rockstar are just teasing us :D

clothing is about the only thing that's similar though, I really don't see that much similarity in the facial and skull structure. Just my eye though, so I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

It looks like the terrain will be more hilly than before and possibly more spread out. Some of it looks dry (where the windmills are) so that might be closer to Las Venturas.?

Was there a golf course in SA? I can't remember one. We'll get to drive a golf buggy in anyone fancies it.
    Benny_Cake wrote: »
    My one wish was for it to be San Andreas - I didn't spot anything that looked like San Fierro or Las Venturas in the trailer,but Los Santos and Mount Chiliad are definitely there! A date please Rockstar!

I think they'll have the 3 cities or at least 2. It would be a backwards step otherwise IMO. The concern would be disc space. DVDs can only hold so much info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I really hope its Tommy 25 years on move to San Andreas to retire and relax in his swanky house but thing go wrong and he has to start over, also wth Cj in it like ign were thinking maybe interlinking both there storys together.

Any word when rockstar will release more info yet? Teasing bastards :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The niko lookalike is also in this shot

untitled-12i70f.gif

The setting is irrelevant.

Not strictly true with games. People have their attachments to the sttings in GTA, some have their best memories in VC, others SA, others LC. Inevitably when a new piece in the franchise is released people will want R* to recreate these memories.

PersonalyI love all the settings, so I'm just syked to have a new game! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

.... desert. Las Venturas being near by, etc.
    wouldn't call that desert tbh, looks like the terrain just outside Los Santos...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

People haver to stop comparing older games, and saying because X city was a great game, this would be.

They are only locations, sure I've seen some howler films set in NYC and some amazing ones.

The setting is irrelevant.

Setting is extremely relevant for free roam games like GTA. I barely remember what happened in San Andreas but I still remember driving or flying through the various terrains. GTA IV I found was severely lacking because I found the setting was bloody bleak and boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

How so?

Great point actually. Between Los Santos and San Fierro was countryside, but the desert was between San Fierro and Las Venturas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Hopefully it will be a decent PC port this time :(

Well it's got to de at least as good as the red dead redemption port on pc :P

Oh right.
    According to IGN, Rockstar "confirmed" that it's the three city edition of San Andreas, but a lot of people on GTA Forums are saying it's just IGN getting excited and trying to pull in traffic, and that Rockstar haven't actually confirmed anything.

:(

LA on it's own is boring to me. The three islands would be better, but that said, I really didn't think R* were running out of ideas like this. Is that three games in a row in LA?

Really thought they had an ace up their sleeve. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Hmm i think they are going to let you make your own character in this one, like in saints row. Its the first time they never showed the character in a trailer right?

In the video it shows a white guy a hispanic asian and black dude when he's talking about doing doing things. hmmmmm

Oh right.
    According to IGN, Rockstar "confirmed" that it's the three city edition of San Andreas, but a lot of people on GTA Forums are saying it's just IGN getting excited and trying to pull in traffic, and that Rockstar haven't actually confirmed anything.

:(

LA on it's own is boring to me. The three islands would be better, but that said, I really didn't think R* were running out of ideas like this. Is that three games in a row in LA?

Really thought they had an ace up their sleeve. :(

Where'd you get the idea the previous two were in LS?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Hmm i think they are going to let you make your own character in this one, like in saints row. Its the first time they never showed the character in a trailer right?

In the video it shows a white guy a hispanic asian and black dude when he's talking about doing doing things. hmmmmm

How do you know they haven't shown the character? Could be anyone in the trailer tbh. Just because they don't have a big arrow over someone's head saying "You play this guy".

Is that three games in a row in LA?
    No, Rockstar San Diego are a different studio to Rockstar North and Rockstar was only publisher for L.A. Noire afaik.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just re-watched it again , the liquor store at 0.56 seconds and yer wan wearing the cowboy hat. Desert possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I hope they still have the rancher!

And a few tractors! :D

profitius wrote: »
    I hope they still have the rancher!

And a few tractors! :D

I want my harvester back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

Grand Theft Auto 5 will be released July 2012 it is being announced!

:eek::pac:

Summers are usually slow paced for the games industry - this is going to blow everything out of the water!

Summers are usually slow paced for the games industry - this is going to blow everything out of the water!

Link?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Where'd you get the idea the previous two were in LS?

Not GTAs, but Need for Speed, LA Noire and now this. Seems like they've extensively researched LA, but i mean come on, it's a bit much nowadays.

eek.gifpacman.gif

Linkity link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

link? or are just trying to get me mad :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

link? or are just trying to get me mad :mad:
    Not GTAs, but Need for Speed, LA Noire and now this. Seems like they've extensively researched LA, but i mean come on, it's a bit much nowadays.

Linkity link?

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/gta-grand-theft-auto-v-5/10569985.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Zavvi have it up as July 2012, wishful thinking imo

Oh right, I see what you mean, but you have to realise that Team Bondi were the lead team on Noire and it was set in the 40's. NFS, a racer, atmosphere of city irrelevant as long as the driving's good. GTA, a free roam sandbox. So it's unfair to say they're out of ideas. And anyway, Los Santos is not Las Angeles. It's Los Santos. :)

i could see a summer 2012 release tbh, the game looked pretty far along in that trailer

i could see a summer 2012 release tbh, the game looked pretty far along in that trailer

Not a chance I'd say. We'll be lucky to get it Q3-Q4 2012. Remember, it is a trailer, don't get carried away. We need to see gameplay demos at E3 or something before we know how far on it is.

iMuse wrote: »
    Zavvi have it up as July 2012, wishful thinking imo
    especially since it's a Thursday :rolleyes:

rockstar havnt even attended e3 for like the last 2-3 years, what have rockstar north worked on since gta4? probably this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Reading a bit much into this (and I personally hate all the speculation that follows the release of a teaser trailer!) but this guy really, really looks like John Noble aka Walter Bishop in Fringe aka Leland Monroe in LA Noire aka that mad King in Lord of the Rings.

wafym8.png

• Advertisement

Interesting to compare the first V trailer with the original San Andreas first trailer -

Original shows only Los Santos.

2 more trailers followed showing both San Fierro and Las Venturas also. Here's the 2nd trailer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement