Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Just re-watched it again , the liquor store at 0.56 seconds and yer wan wearing the cowboy hat. Desert possibly?

Plenty of wan's wearing cowboy hats around Angel Pine and Mount Chiliad too IIRC!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Then again, it's not like it's a new game engine. GTAIV came out 4/5 years after San Andreas, and was a whole new game engine for a GTA game. By April it'll have been 4 years since IV and they're using the same game engine. I'd be surprised if it didn't come out in 2012, especially given how there's a new Saints Row game out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

rockstar havnt even attended e3 for like the last 2-3 years, what have rockstar north worked on since gta4? probably this

Worked on TLAD and TBoGT. TBoGT released April last year. So about eighteen months work has gone in. (roughly) I reckon June 2012 is a bit ambitious, I really reckon late 2012, just what I feel in my gut. I hope it's June, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Id say there will be more than one city, That mountainous area looks HUGE in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Worked on TLAD and TBoGT. TBoGT released April last year. So about eighteen months work has gone in. (roughly) I reckon June 2012 is a bit ambitious, I really reckon late 2012, just what I feel in my gut. I hope it's June, but I doubt it.

Ballad of Gay tony Came out October 2009????

All it is is an extra storyline and cars. It doesnt require the entire Dev Team from Rockstar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Love the detail of the cloud movements. :eek:

gtavcu1x.gif

The GTA world never looked so good.

God ****ing damn it! I want to ride a quad bike up there ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Was there a golf course in SA? I can't remember one. We'll get to drive a golf buggy in anyone fancies it.

There was a country club in San Fierro as far as I remember. Don't think you could go onto it though.

Edit-Here's a link to it. Hopefully sdds a bit of weight to a three city San Andreas.

http://gta.wikia.com/Avispa_Country_Club

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Plenty of wan's wearing cowboy hats around Angel Pine and Mount Chiliad too IIRC!

There's palm trees in the background in V's trailer though.

V19.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

jd007 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the name of the jetski? Speedophile 2000 :D

And the slogan on the side of the exterminator van said putting the FU into fumigate :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    There was a country club in San Fierro as far as I remember. Don't think you could go onto it though

2, one in San Fierro and one in Las Venturas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

TBOGT was released in october 2009, and as someone else said it was only a new story line with a few new cars and guns, not exactly something that needs the entire team of north

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Delighted!

Was supposed to be doing an essay now, but, feck that... Time to play GTA:SA again :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

LakesKeane wrote: »
    God ****ing damn it! I want to ride a quad bike up there ! :D

Get yerself a Sanchez... make mincemeat of that mountain :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

And I'm pretty certain those were developed along with the main game since they intertwine. Rockstar has being working on other games like Red Dead since then.

Also maybe I'm wrong but if you bought GTA IV's dlc on a disk on the last page of the booklet there was a picture of a forest and something about where to go next so this has been planned for a while

Thomasheen wrote: »
    And I'm pretty certain those were developed along with the main game since they intertwine. Rockstar has being working on other games like Red Dead since then.

Also maybe I'm wrong but if you bought GTA IV's dlc on a disk on the last page of the booklet there was a picture of a forest and something about where to go next so this has been planned for a while

not rockstar north though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

So we have all 3 islands/cities confirmed for V then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mikethebigdog

i cant wait that long......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Hmm i think they are going to let you make your own character in this one, like in saints row. Its the first time they never showed the character in a trailer right?

In the video it shows a white guy a hispanic asian and black dude when he's talking about doing doing things. hmmmmm

Ahhh that's a bit idiotic if I understood that correctly. There was a good lot of character info in that trailer and you gather from that, that we are going to make our own character? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Ah just in response to the people saying the Release Date will be July 2012 because it said it on Zavvi, when I go on to Zavvi there it's saying 23rd of November 2012. This is the first time I've heard a specific date mentioned...? Worth putting out there, I thought.

TBOGT was released in october 2009, and as someone else said it was only a new story line with a few new cars and guns, not exactly something that needs the entire team of north
    Hogzy wrote: »
    Ballad of Gay tony Came out October 2009????

All it is is an extra storyline and cars. It doesnt require the entire Dev Team from Rockstar.

Apologies, I read the wikipedia page a bit hastily and chose the first date I saw.
    first released for the Xbox 360 on 29 October 2009.[2] It was then released for both the PlayStation 3 and for Microsoft Windows on 13 April 2010.

True about them just being add on's I suppose. I think what i'm trying to do is not get my hopes up that by the time I'm done with Mass Effect 3 I'll have a shiny GTA to play.

Aren't R* involved in Max Payne?

EDIT: R* Vancouver, sorry. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm thinking that next summer is fairly realistic as a likely release date. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

To all the speculation regarding the dates, its entirely nonsense.
    If the release date was published it would be everywhere by Rockstar.

Stores estimate release dates all the time, so they can capitalise on noobs preordering and get money in faster.

how long was the wait from the first SA trailer to release? the game looked pretty far along in development to me from that trailer

Stores estimate release dates all the time, so they can capitalise on noobs preordering and get money in faster.

How would you be a noob for preordering early? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Because there hasn't been a single game since GTA SA that you aren't able to just walk in and pick up on release day. Pre ordering is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Preordering without actual release dates = NOOB (parent /12 year old etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

how long was the wait from the first SA trailer to release? the game looked pretty far along in development to me from that trailer

Can't remember much about the marketing for SA. But, the first teaser trailer for GTA IV was released in March 2007, the second in June '07, the third in December before the final trailer was in March 2008. Release date of the full game, April 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fiesta111

DarkJager wrote: »
    Because there hasn't been a single game since GTA SA that you aren't able to just walk in and pick up on release day. Pre ordering is pointless.

true, my friend pre-ordered Arkham City, its pointless. Its not like theres going to be a midnight madness in the middle of cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

Not sure if this has been posted but thehut have a release date of November 2012

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/ps3/gta-grand-theft-auto-v-5/10569986.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Fiesta111

Blimps will feature in GTA V. You've heard it first!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement