Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

That wasn't me who complained about any of those things troll though all of my posts if you don't believe me so get you facts straight
    Btw ye all need to just accept the game will have
    Flaws but no thats too taboo for ye to talk about

If the game has flaws then fair enough, but at least wait until you've played the bloody game to make your mind up about it. Not having a go at you but judging it on grainy footage taken by somebody on a phone is idiocy tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭0llieJonCon

Anyone else getting it from Gamestop in the Omni in Santry?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

krudler wrote: »
    Crescent, hmv is doing a midnight opening too

I booked mine in Gamestop on William Street last Monday the woman working there told me that the Crescent had 700 pre orders and that William street had 600.

So as of 11 days ago 1300 people in Limerick had already paid for it. At least it won't be difficult to find an online game when they turn on the multiplayer!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

krudler wrote: »
    Crescent, hmv is doing a midnight opening too

Ah, I see. That makes more sense, never thought of the crew in William Street being the types to order in pizza :pac:

I'll be getting it at the Crescent too but no midnight launch for me, though the presence of pizza is making me reconsider...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

RoboAmish wrote: »
    Ah, I see. That makes more sense, never thought of the crew in William Street being the types to order in pizza :pac:

I'll be getting it at the Crescent too but no midnight launch for me, though the presence of pizza is making me reconsider...

Couldn't tell ya the last time I was in the one in William St, the lads in the Crescent are sound out there's usually a bit of banter with them on launch days and stuff. Last midnight launch I went to was Blops 2 but I strolled in way after 12 and just picked it up with no pre order, dunno whether to go really early or really late for GTA might take a spin down and have a look at the queue around 11, am only up the road from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I booked mine in Gamestop on William Street last Monday the woman working there told me that the Crescent had 700 pre orders and that William street had 600.

So as of 11 days ago 1300 people in Limerick had already paid for it. At least it won't be difficult to find an online game when they turn on the multiplayer!

That's just Gamestop though!
    There's also xtravision, HMV and Smyths and everyone who's gonna chance getting in on release day from Tesco and Supervalu in Corbally :D

Oh and there's a Gamestop at Parkway too :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    That's just Gamestop though!
    There's also xtravision, HMV and Smyths and everyone who's gonna chance getting in on release day from Tesco and Supervalu in Corbally :D

I didn't even think of that. Wow Limerick is going to come to a stand still next Monday night.

hmv probably wont have many pre-orders by monday since they only opened today you never know though, at a guess I'd say there'll be 3000+ copies bought in Limerick between Monday and Tue, and that's being conservative tbh. Tesco in the crescent prob wont have it until Tue morning the Coonagh one will though

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flight From Death

Just pre-ordered in HMV Liffey Valley. €59.99 with free double-sided poster.
    They allowed me to pay for it already and told me they are holding a midnight release. **** YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So as of 11 days ago, if the 1300 preorders in Limerick is correct, around €78,000 had been spent on GTAV... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

How many of you are going to get it at midnight Launch

Not made my mind up yet. Got the Tuesday off so half tempted to stroll down to Gamestop at 8.30am and be back at mine playing it with a cup of tea for 9.30am. Seems a lot less hassle than queuing at midnight just to get in a couple of hours play the night before. Think I'd rather be fully rested after a decent night's sleep.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So as of 11 days ago, if the 1300 preorders in Limerick is correct, around €78,000 had been spent on GTAV... :pac:

Does that factor in the special and collectors editions? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Whatever about the pre orders but how many of them are going to be going for the midnight release, maybe 10%?

Surprised I haven't heard as much about it yet, was it released in the US yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    Whatever about the pre orders but how many of them are going to be going for the midnight release, maybe 10%?

Surprised I haven't heard as much about it yet, was it released in the US yesterday?

No same day as Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anyone know if gamestop will be opening early on the Tuesday morning? I can't decide whether to go to the launch or just pick it up early next morning.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Anyone know if gamestop will be opening early on the Tuesday morning? I can't decide whether to go to the launch or just pick it up early next morning.

I would say normal hours

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

No same day as Europe

Thought they were getting theirs earlier for some reason!

Normal hours the next day I'd say, some stores won't even be open i'd so cos the staff will all be at home playing GTA V!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Hey does anyone know if it's gonna be possible to play music from my ps3 when Im driving around in the game itself? You could in midtown madness for the first xbox like 10 years ago but I haven't seen it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

GerB40 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know if it's gonna be possible to play music from my ps3 when Im driving around in the game itself? You could in midtown madness for the first xbox like 10 years ago but I haven't seen it since.

Jes*s, I remember that, my nephew had it. I hadn't had a console for a few years at the time and I remember playing that on his xbox with the all music going, twas great craic!!

DarkJager wrote: »

hmv are opening at 8am, dunno bout gamestop I'd imagine they will, although they don't have that many staff so it'd suck for them to finish work at 1am or later then be back in for 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

tony1980 wrote: »
    Jes*s, I remember that, my nephew had it. I hadn't had a console for a few years at the time and I remember playing that on his xbox with the all music going, twas great craic!!
    Ha. My younger brother had it. The game itself wasn't great but a game where you could cruise around and listen to a few tunes was revolutionary.. That's a decade ago, mad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

GerB40 wrote: »
    Ha. My younger brother had it. The game itself wasn't great but a game where you could cruise around and listen to a few tunes was revolutionary.. That's a decade ago, mad...

10 years, f**k, I am getting old!! Ya, I remember at the time thinking that was class been able to play your own music in game! Game was rubbish but enjoyed trying to beat the time trials in it, Paris was a f**king nightmare to navigate at top speed, good fun though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

wnolan1992 wrote: »

We should all call our local GS stores etc and ask how many they are expecting and get a general idea on how many have been preordered entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

CMpunked wrote: »
    We should all call our local GS stores etc and ask how many they are expecting and get a general idea on how many have been preordered entirely.

why,to get an idea of how many will there at midnight release or just for pure noseyness either way im in favor for both

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Chris smoove, a rare bearable lets play commentator, put up on facebook that he will be doing gta v vids but won't be releasing them too quick as rockstar don't want the story spoiled too soon. Its mad how much rockstar are trying to control the internet.

I'm just worried to play online before clearing it and have some gobshyte spoil the ending over the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Chris smoove, a rare bearable lets play commentator, put up on facebook that he will be doing gta v vids but won't be releasing them too quick as rockstar don't want the story spoiled too soon. Its mad how much rockstar are trying to control the internet.

I'm just worried to play online before clearing it and have some gobshyte spoil the ending over the mic.

Online doesn't launch until 2 weeks after the main game so that tackles that problem. Wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional by Rockstar either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

That Boards.ie crew is getting big! Sent a request but won't be able to play until Christmas, social club name is corcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Online doesn't launch until 2 weeks after the main game so that tackles that problem. Wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional by Rockstar either.

Ahi dunno if i will have it cleared by then, don't want to rush the story and will get limited play time. Might have to mute online if not playing in a crew.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    That Boards.ie crew is getting big! Sent a request but won't be able to play until Christmas, social club name is corcaigh

Send you an invite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

having problems signing into social club and life invader,anyone else have problems?

edit got it working on firefox

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement