Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    That Boards.ie crew is getting big! Sent a request but won't be able to play until Christmas, social club name is corcaigh

Theres a boards.ie crew? for online play? add me if ye want, Username is BikerJoe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    Theres a boards.ie crew? for online play? add me if ye want, Username is BikerJoe

Invite sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got Life Invader working on home laptop, stalking everyone and everything. Load of discounts from stores in the game and a free tattoo, genius idea by Rockstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ahi dunno if i will have it cleared by then, don't want to rush the story and will get limited play time. Might have to mute online if not playing in a crew.

You're right actually. I can see myself taking a while to complete the story, especially with all the distractions that are bound to be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Can someone add me to the Boards crew?

Thanks Homo's....or is it Homie's :confused:

Officer Kwacker

• Advertisement

Once the online play starts I might go on just to see what u can do and stuff but porb won't have the storyline done so I won't be going online much til after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gypsycrust

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ahi dunno if i will have it cleared by then, don't want to rush the story and will get limited play time. Might have to mute online if not playing in a crew.

There is no reason to rush through and clear it in two weeks. GTA Online is a prequel to the GTA v story timeline. Nothing will be spoiled by playing online.

You can switch between online and offline using the character wheel whenever you want.

Why not play themk both simultaneously?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Thanks Homo's....or is it Homie's :confused:

Officer Kwacker

Whats your R* social club name? Can't find "Officer Kwacker"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

gypsycrust wrote: »
    There is no reason to rush through and clear it in two weeks. GTA Online is a prequel to the GTA v story timeline. Nothing will be spoiled by playing online.

You can switch between online and offline using the character wheel whenever you want.

He is talking about some 12 year old spoiling the whole story over the mic while playing. As a result, I always finish the main story before playing online (unless I have zero interest in the story ofc).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think what he means by having it spoiled for him is that some dick could shout out a major plot twist over the mic in a match. So even though the online itself doesn't give anything away, you just know all the 12 year olds who ran in and poop-socked the story to engorge their e-penis will be roaring things like "TREVER DIES TRLOLOLOL!" at every opportunity.

EDIT: Heh Benzino, I like that we both went for 12 year old. :P

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    Whats your R* social club name? Can't find "Officer Kwacker"

KwackerJack

Sorry got mixed up :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I accidentally clicked the spoiler thread! Just aswell I noticed as it was loading and clicked back in record time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

KwackerJack

Sorry got mixed up :o

I can't view your profile for some reason to invite you. If its happening for anyone else maybe you have your profile privacy settings up high.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can't view your profile for some reason to invite you. If its happening for anyone else maybe you have your profile privacy settings up high.

Ya I couldn't see it either but still had an option to recruit. invite sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I have to walk past two billboards for it on the way to work, then same ones back. It'll be painful the next two days.

Got it and accepted :D I could see the invite but could not accept until I logged out and in again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I booked mine in Gamestop on William Street last Monday the woman working there told me that the Crescent had 700 pre orders and that William street had 600.

So as of 11 days ago 1300 people in Limerick had already paid for it. At least it won't be difficult to find an online game when they turn on the multiplayer!

Guy working at gamestop at the parkway told me last weekend that they had over 400 pre-orders...Theres surely more by now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Wemysical

So there seem to be some shops in the US giving the game away early, any idea if that ever happened with any other game here? or could it even happen this weekend? That small game outlet will sell us the game a few days early?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The embargo on all reviews will be lifted at 12.00 GMT on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wemysical wrote: »
    So there seem to be some shops in the US giving the game away early, any idea if that ever happened with any other game here? or could it even happen this weekend? That small game outlet will sell us the game a few days early?

Will not happen here, we do not have small independent retailers like the US, they do not really care about breaking the street date, the big ones would have consequences if they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Paid €10 for it today after trading in GTA IV and Forza 4! Well chuffed with that deal, I dunno how Gamestop make money on it but I don't mind as that was an offer I couldn't pass.

I'm well a truly worn of GTA IV and won't miss it. It was minus a lot of the San Andreas fun and was lacking a lot outside the story.

I cannot wait to get my hands on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

GT: OhThePenguin

Paid €10 for it today after trading in GTA IV and Forza 4! Well chuffed with that deal, I dunno how Gamestop make money on it but I don't mind as that was an offer I couldn't pass.

I'm well a truly worn of GTA IV and won't miss it. It was minus a lot of the San Andreas fun and was lacking a lot outside the story.

I cannot wait to get my hands on this.

Just after realising I still have my copy of GTA IV somewhere! in saying that I have a good few games I don't play and cud trade in...

Benzino wrote: »
    He is talking about some 12 year old spoiling the whole story over the mic while playing. As a result, I always finish the main story before playing online (unless I have zero interest in the story ofc).

Ah, I forgot about the mic. I think I will play GTA Online on release night for a few hours, just out of curiousity, then go back to single player and take my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Ah, I forgot about the mic. I think I will play GTA Online on release night for a few hours, just out of curiousity, then go back to single player and take my time.

GTA Online doesn't go live until October 1st. Two weeks after release

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Online isn't active until October.

I know that is what i meant by release nigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

sick of this wait lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

2 more hours, and I can commence the download process... should cover the weekend :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement