Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/09/12/microsoft-banning-consoles-for-gta-v-leaks/comment-page-2/

Just looked at the above, one of the guys who was leaking content on vines had his console banned or blacklisted meaning he has to get a new console. No spoilers in the link

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Charter has been updated. With leaked copies hitting the net, there is to be no discussion on how to obtain a copy as per standard Boards rules regarding piracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wednesday booked off work. Plan is to drive straight to HMV after work on Tuesday, pick up the game, go home, play all night, play all day Wednesday.

Girlfriend has already been warned that there will be no TV or interruptions.

:D

Mine is getting the 360 version and I am getting the PS3 version, doubt we will see each other for at least a week, she will have the bedroom and I will have the living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've given the same warning and I've installed the UPC Horizon tv app on her ipad so she can watch her shows on that for the week.

Yeah she has Netflix on the laptop so there shouldn't be any problems. ;)

Xenji wrote: »
    Mine is getting the 360 version and I am getting the PS3 version, doubt we will see each other for at least a week, she will have the bedroom and I will have the living room.

You girlfriend has a 360?

She clearly has terrible taste, get rid of her immediately! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Will crew members be using mics for online?

You girlfriend has a 360?

She clearly has terrible taste, get rid of her immediately! ;)

Keeps her quiet when I want to play something, plus I do not have to share with her, win win situation, I hide it when my mates are over though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mc Love wrote: »

I have one buried away somewhere, will have to root it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I have the PS3 wireless headset. Never used the mic on it so will try it for GTA online.

Only asking as I dont and never had one, and wondering if we will be using them to communicate?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It makes sense to use headsets in team games. You can usually tell when you're up against people using them well because they're much better organised. I'm sure you can pick up a very basic ear-piece for about ten quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Only asking as I dont and never had one, and wondering if we will be using them to communicate?!

Hopefully a few will use them. Gonna take longer to rob convienience stores if there isn't a crew member tanked up on 10 cans of Dutch gold screaming obscenities at the cashier! :pac:

Must have a look on adverts so I suppose it will come in handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Could always jump on Skype chat if you don't have a mic.

on the phone? Does it connect to PSN?

on the phone? Does it connect to PSN?

Yes, no.

Myself and a few of the lads have often done it for multiplayer games such as GTA IV, Dead Island and BF3.

If someone doesn't have a mic, its just a handy alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

:eek: went to up grade to special edition but GameStop Mullingar received an email stating a large shipment was damaged and they would not be receiving any for the midnight launch :(

Feck it, i need it Monday so standard will do :P

:eek: went to up grade to special edition but GameStop Mullingar received an email stating a large shipment was damaged and they would not be receiving any for the midnight launch :(

Better not be everywhere, I have the special edition payed off and work booked off.

Edit, ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yes, no.

Myself and a few of the lads have often done it for multiplayer games such as GTA IV, Dead Island and BF3.

If someone doesn't have a mic, its just a handy alternative.

Literally have never connected a mic to my PS3. Do Normal bluetooth headsets work ok?? Should I shell out for something like this instead?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Amplified-Stereo-Headset/dp/B004R9Q1IK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378820010&sr=8-1&keywords=ps3+headset#productDescription

• Advertisement

pedatron wrote: »
    Literally have never connected a mic to my PS3. Do Normal bluetooth headsets work ok?? Should I shell out for something like this instead?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Amplified-Stereo-Headset/dp/B004R9Q1IK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378820010&sr=8-1&keywords=ps3+headset#productDescription

Some bluetooth headsets work, some don't. It's all trial and error unfortunately. It's entirely up to yourself if you wanna splash the cash for a gaming headset. If, as expected, you'll be playing Online for a while it might be advantageous to have one for comms purposes.

I'm fortunate/unfortunate enough to require a headset for gaming due to my work schedule and not wanting to wake up my housemate when I do play games so have had a pair for about 2 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Some bluetooth headsets work, some don't. It's all trial and error unfortunately. It's entirely up to yourself if you wanna splash the cash for a gaming headset. If, as expected, you'll be playing Online for a while it might be advantageous to have one for comms purposes.

I'm fortunate/unfortunate enough to require a headset for gaming due to my work schedule and not wanting to wake up my housemate when I do play games so have had a pair for about 2 years now.

Yeah. Feck it I'll go for them. They work on everything so should be a good purchase and actually be here when Online comes. Thanks!

I forgot I have a plug and play usb headset and mic, must try that on the ps3 later to see if it works. I remember trying a different usb headset a few years back and no joy. Would definitely beat the bluetooth ear pice I have hidden somewhere, was alwaysvery uncomfortable.

Turns out that the damaged shipment is causing trouble in more stores than just Mullingar, people are saying on the Gamestop facebook page that they were told the same thing in store and not just with the collectors edition.

I'm telling all yall its a Sabotage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Beastie boys?

weiland79 wrote: »
    Beastie boys?

Xtravision or Gamesnash sent their boys around to ram Gamestops delivery truck.

Wait, I hope this wasn't the main supplier truck to Ireland!

Hopefully they will clear it up on Facebook, they are usually quick with this.

My HMV pre-order is starting to sound pretty good right about now!

Hope you guys all get your copies come Monday / Tuesday. :(

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Xtravision or Gamesnash sent their boys around to ram Gamestops delivery truck.

Wait, I hope this wasn't the main supplier truck to Ireland!

I would assume it is one big supply here and then it is split up in a warehouse and sent out to the various retailers. Maybe we should send a message to Pat at Gamesnash and see what he says.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement