Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Hoax maybe to garner interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

This is teasing me every day on the way in and out of work...
    20130913_065933_zps233d1e09.jpg
    I moved to London a few weeks ago and was home at the weekend to pick up my Xbox :D
    STILL HAVE TO BUY A TV THOUGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

This is quality! The damaged shipment is just adding to the excitement of it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

cursai wrote: »
    Hoax maybe to garner interest!

Hope so, but more than one person saying it and more than one store saying it as well, the staff will get some abuse over it if it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Does it impact online orders? Hope not, although I do have my backup normal edition to look forward to if the online SE doesnt make it

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Does it impact online orders? Hope not, although I do have my backup normal edition to look forward to if the online SE doesnt make it

It is possible, if all the copies were coming from the one shipment, they are ignoring the questions on facebook about it, which is kinda worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Keep badgering them. A facebook revolt. Keyboard warriors are called to arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

7ofBrian wrote: »
    STILL HAVE TO BUY A TV THOUGH!

Me 2. I want a really good one for this game and the PS4! But I don't know what to get! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Anyone know what the craic is with the pre book/download on the psn, it says its to download today, but still no sign of it doing so?

cursai wrote: »
    Keep badgering them. A facebook revolt. Keyboard warriors are called to arms.

People are, but they are answering every other question, except for the damaged shipment ones, getting funny in there, they are deleting ones as well getting a bit of abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

game has now been dispatched from amazon, confirmation by email. so much for no dispatching before monday then!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

isint today friday the 13th maybe thats why the shipment was wrecked

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

psugrue wrote: »
    game has now been dispatched from amazon, confirmation by email. so much for no dispatching before monday then!

You think you will get it Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

IF AMazon are shipping Gamesnash should ship too. Just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Amazon would hold a lot more sway in the grand scheme of things. Gamesnash can't afford not to follow Rockstar's request of no early shipping. Amazon can effectively stick up their middle finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

sheehy83 wrote: »
    You think you will get it Monday?
    it would be amazing if so but probably not. gotta wait for parcel motel aswell, i'm not sure how long that usually takes so earliest is probably monday evening.

I messaged Pat there to see if this supposed damaged shipment affects all the Irish suppliers.

Gamesnash have said they're not getting their shipment in till Monday.

Plus Gamesnash will (hopefully) be next business day delivery where Amazon might be 2 days so they would have to ship it early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

I've pre-ordered from the US PSN Store and now that the release date is just around the corner I'm wondering when exactly can I start to download.

Anyone want to hazard a guess?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

The 13th. So today.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

i think its very likely that people would get their delivery a day early to be fair its not unusual

I've pre-ordered from the US PSN Store and now that the release date is just around the corner I'm wondering when exactly can I start to download.

The US could download immediately i pre ordered off irish psn and it says you can download today the 13th, but im still waiting to, dont know what the story is?

Getting the GF to head down to Gamestop and see what they say about the whole damaged shipment thing, was looking forward to the blueprint, but will make do with a normal edition if they really are not gonna have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

The 13th. So today.
    Thanks.
    TheBza wrote: »
    The US could download immediately i pre ordered off irish psn and it says you can download today the 13th, but im still waiting to, dont know what the story is?

Really....I'll check when I get home, I could only download a theme when I last checked. Thanks.

Thanks.

Really....I'll check when I get home, I could only download a theme when I last checked. Thanks.

I think they're after getting stricter when it comes to the different countries and releases, i remember trying to download a battlefield map pack i think it was, on the US store as it was out before here, and i couldnt complete the purchase/download, so you might be under the same rules as the Irish one, it used to be available to download immediately but stuff got leaked from it so they stopped it from happening in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Xenji wrote: »
    Turns out that the damaged shipment is causing trouble in more stores than just Mullingar, people are saying on the Gamestop facebook page that they were told the same thing in store and not just with the collectors edition.

I was told mine is 100% secure as i booked months ago. Mabye pre-orders over the last few days are in question!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

This a might be the exception but the US store doesn't generally do preloading, the EU store is meant to allow downloads today.

I think the question will be if it is only collector/ special editions that got damaged, will they have enough standard copies to sell to people. All the standard copies might always be prebooked. Man, would love some more info on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

So has anyone played this yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement