Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I was told mine is 100% secure as i booked months ago. Mabye pre-orders over the last few days are in question!

I have had money down since March, so here is hoping, would hate for the other half to get the game and me left hanging, she would be so smug about it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I've pre-ordered from the US PSN Store and now that the release date is just around the corner I'm wondering when exactly can I start to download.

Anyone want to hazard a guess?

This a might be the exception but the US store doesn't generally do preloading, the EU store is meant to allow downloads today.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Get my turtlebeech PX5 Dolby surround sound 5.1 headset out for online, haven't used it since MAG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Might be better off downloading this from PSN in time form monday midnight. Gamestop are giving no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Getting worried now incase I get a message from Gamestop saying my copy was damaged and won't be available on monday at midnight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Unless there was one single truck carrying every single Gamestop copy in the country and it got crushed by a falling plane, I'd seriously doubt there are going to be any issues getting it on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

I was told mine is 100% secure as i booked months ago. Mabye pre-orders over the last few days are in question!

That doesnt mean your copy has been sitting in a warehouse since you prebooked, there could well have been a shipment damaged (pretty sure that its just gonna turn out to be some internet rumour with no truth in it) but if is true your copy isnt 100% secure just like mine who prebooked months ago as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Panic stations! Please,please, please if there is a god let us all be playing GTA 5 on Tuesday and this damaged shipment business just be a nasty rumour 0:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

TheBza wrote: »
    I think they're after getting stricter when it comes to the different countries and releases, i remember trying to download a battlefield map pack i think it was, on the US store as it was out before here, and i couldnt complete the purchase/download, so you might be under the same rules as the Irish one, it used to be available to download immediately but stuff got leaked from it so they stopped it from happening in europe.

I know maps from Battlefield, COD etc have to be from the same territory as the game disc.....I hope I didn't just throw 50 euro down the toilet!!:eek:

Not sure how they could get damaged, it would not be water as everything is shrink wrapped, fire is a possibility, unless some crazed Saints Row fan took a pick axe to the shipment :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,555 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

113 people in this forum right now. Busiest in a long time. Wonder what it will be like Monday (overflowing) and Tuesday (empty)...

They did say the game would be region locked.

They did say the game would be region locked.

NOOOOOOOO......when and where? Would a VPN sort it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

I know maps from Battlefield, COD etc have to be from the same territory as the game disc.....I hope I didn't just throw 50 euro down the toilet!!:eek:

I could be wrong mate i might of read an article wrong, i thought the US could download straight away but maybe not, im thinking now it was just europe who could download straight away after reading a reply there on this forum, and they delayed it till today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I was told by a rep in Cork that there's issues with the shipment and Gamestop would be mass-texting the affected customer's who pre-ordered GTA. Midnight release unlikely now in a lot of counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

psugrue wrote: »
    game has now been dispatched from amazon, confirmation by email. so much for no dispatching before monday then!

Mines marked as "Dispatching" and the cards been charged. Hopefully Parcel Motel will have it Monday. Can collect it late Tuesday evening after work :D

I was told by a rep in Cork that there's issues with the shipment and Gamestop would be mass-texting the affected customer's who pre-ordered GTA. Midnight release unlikely now in a lot of counties.

If this happens to me , I'll be cancelling my pre order , get a psn voucher and just download it on psn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

What time will the main site be updated today??

If this happens to me , I'll be cancelling my pre order , get a psn voucher and just download it on psn

Wexford, some stores in Dublin and a handful in Munster affected.

I asked could we exchange for a PSN voucher to the value of 75euro and they said no way.

I swapped 2 games and got it for a 10er. Can imagine logistically its a nightmare to get a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If you have anything paid on a deposit can you get a refund if the game isnt there? I only have 20 paid on mine but I'd take store credit if not a refund, there's plenty coming out for xmas I'll be getting anyway, I just want GTA on monday night

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Did he say when they'd be sending out the mass text? If they aren't available for the midnight release when will they be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

It's happening!!!!!!!!!!

271531.JPG

Right own up, who is trolling the Gamestop facebook page and re-posting what we are posting here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

*waves to the facebook boardsies*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Please.:o

Question: What languages does Grand Theft Auto V support? Are these languages included in all versions or does language support vary depending on the region of the game? Is the game region-locked or region-free?

Answer: Grand Theft Auto V's language support and region-lock status depend on the platform and the region.

PlayStation®3 (Region-Free*):

This language breakdown applies to disc-based and digital download versions.

North America, Asia (Except Japan) – English, French, Brazilian Portuguese**, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Latin American Spanish
    Europe, Middle East, Russia – English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese**, Polish
    Japan – Japanese and English
    Xbox 360:

Worldwide (Region-Free, including pre-order codes*) except for Japan – English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese**, Polish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Latin American Spanish
    Japan (Region-Locked to Japanese Xbox 360 Consoles) – Japanese and English
    *It is generally recommended that you buy and play games that are designated for your country to avoid potential problems with DLC region-compatibility, such as with pre-order bonuses. For example, a North American PS3 GTA V disc (BLUS31156 code on spine of box), Japanese PS3 GTA V disc (BLJM61019 code on the spine of the box) or Asian PS3 disc (BLAS 50639 code on spine of box for Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan. BLKS20442 for Korea) will play on a European PlayStation®3 console. However, if you live in Europe (where the GTA V disc code is BLES01807) you will likely have a European PSN account that will not be able to redeem a US pre-order code, and will only be able to download Region 2 (European) DLC, incompatible with non-European discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

ok
    Please.:o
    Rockstar Games have revealed the region-locking restrictions and supported languages for their upcoming multiplatform video game, “GTA 5.” According to a report from the support page of the company’s official website on Aug. 9, the latest “Grand Theft Auto” installment will mostly be region-free.

The lone exception is the Japanese release of the Xbox 360 version, which can only be played on consoles in the Japan region. Otherwise, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of “GTA 5” won’t feature any region-locking restrictions. The downloadable content releases, including the pre-order bonuses, may have some compatibility issues, however, if you are not buying a copy of the video game based on your region.

Rockstar Games also confirmed support for multiple languages in “GTA 5.” The Japanese releases, for example, of the video game features both English and Japanese options. The other supported languages include Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Korean, Latin American Spanish, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Traditional Chinese. You can check out the regional list of region-locking restrictions and supported languages below (courtesy of the Rockstar Games official website):

PlayStation®3 (Region-Free*):

North America, Asia (Except Japan) – English, French, Brazilian Portuguese**, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Latin American Spanish
    Europe, Middle East, Russia – English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese**, Polish
    Japan – Japanese and English
    Xbox 360:
    Worldwide (Region-Free*) except for Japan – English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese**, Polish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Latin American Spanish
    Japan (Region-Locked to Japanese Xbox 360 Consoles) – Japanese and English
    The Brazilian Portuguese language option may require you to change switch the system settings to “Brazilian Portuguese” in order to be enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Xenji wrote: »
    Right own up, who is trolling the Gamestop facebook page and re-posting what we are posting here :p

People should be careful with their 'real world' names.

• Advertisement

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    Did he say when they'd be sending out the mass text? If they aren't available for the midnight release when will they be available?

Should be Saturday or Sunday at the latest. Theyre up the walls now trying to count how many copies they'll have all over the country and sending out spares from one store to compensate the damaged ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement