Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Should be Saturday or Sunday at the latest. Theyre up the walls now trying to count how many copies they'll have all over the country and sending out spares from one store to compensate the damaged ones.

They mention anything about the collectors edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Should be Saturday or Sunday at the latest. Theyre up the walls now trying to count how many copies they'll have all over the country and sending out spares from one store to compensate the damaged ones.

They're not the only ones! If I get the dreaded text I'm gonna be heart broken! I've been waiting for this game since it was announced and as soon as they announced the pre order I went in and ordered it, even before they had set a price!

Is it only the special editions that are affected or is it others too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just spoke to Gamestop in Crescent SC. They said rumours of damaged stock are a lie and there will be no issues with the midnight launch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Wasn't there rumours of damaged stock just prior to IV as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

DarkJager wrote: »
    py2006 wrote: »

Phew, looks like I'm in the clear. Thanks lads...roll on Tuesday..:D

• Advertisement

How much is the game on the PSN for a worse case scenario?

Xenji wrote: »
    How much is the game on the PSN for a worse case scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pedalare Pedalare!

Tried to ask this in the midnight launch thread. If I head over to Stephen's Green Gamestop at midnight on launch day without a pre-order am I likely to get a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Just spoke to Gamestop in Crescent SC. They said rumours of damaged stock are a lie and there will be no issues with the midnight launch :)

So some employees are saying its a lie, some are saying that stock is being reallocated...I wish they would just come out and say once or for all.

If it is true, what bad luck is this!!?:( The most anticipated game in recent memory...

So some employees are saying its a lie, some are saying that stock is being reallocated...I wish they would just come out and say once or for all.

If it is true, what bad luck is this!!?:( The most anticipated game in recent memory...

You have to question how could stock possibly get damaged in such a way that it would affect loads of stores. I haven't heard of a boat sinking or a truck or cargo plane crashing have you? There's no inclement weather preventing stock reaching Ireland. Gamestop have said its bull**** and I'm also calling bull****. This is the work of some troll who wants to play on people's anticipation of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Tried to ask this in the midnight launch thread. If I head over to Stephen's Green Gamestop at midnight on launch day without a pre-order am I likely to get a copy?

you might and you might not, i heard that gamestop are waiting on a call to say they are sold out.

think you are better heading in before the midnight release and just putting €5 down on a pre order, then at least you will be guarantee a copy

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Other than here has any other forum stated they were told about stock issues? unless you hear from GameStop themselves saying they have an issue don't panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pedalare Pedalare!

ugglasdav wrote: »
    you might and you might not, i heard that gamestop are waiting on a call to say they are sold out.

think you are better heading in before the midnight release and just putting €5 down on a pre order, then at least you will be guarantee a copy

Perfect. Will do that today so. Thanks!

guttenberg wrote: »
    Other than here has any other forum stated they were told about stock issues? unless you hear from GameStop themselves saying they have an issue don't panic!

Just asked in the midnight release thread has anyone heard anything.

GameStop have posted on FB that they are investigating why one of their stores would even suggest that there is damaged stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm inclined to believe that this was somewhat of a troll session amongst a couple of people to cause mass panic.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

If that's true. There's an epic trolling after happening. Hats off to whoever.
    epic_troll_by_brainfart09-d4652rs.jpg

Well the hour of panic is over, got down to my local Gamestop and the manager is a mate of mine and he said it was all bull**** and that if any member of staff had said anything along those lines they would be fired over it.

Well the hour of panic is over, got down to my local Gamestop and the manager is a mate of mine and he said it was all bull**** and that if any member of staff had said anything along those lines they would be fired over it.

The panic is over, see attached FB update. Hype on GTA brethren!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

The panic is over, see attached FB update. Hype on GTA brethren!! :D

So why can I not upgrade to Special edition :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You have to question how could stock possibly get damaged in such a way that it would affect loads of stores. I haven't heard of a boat sinking or a truck or cargo plane crashing have you? There's no inclement weather preventing stock reaching Ireland. Gamestop have said its bull**** and I'm also calling bull****. This is the work of some troll who wants to play on people's anticipation of the game.

Some truck driver fancied living GTA for real and ploughed it off a bridge :pac:

It probably to late, they had already put in the order for the stock, they only get as many in as they will sell, also the person who told you about the damaged stock should be fired, you should go talk to the manager :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I only ordered it yesterday and was told they were down to their last few, maybe check on wed or thur and if nobody picked theirs up they'll release it? if you're intent on getting the special one only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

It was your copy that got damaged. Look at all the fuss you've caused.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Can a mod please move these posts about pre-orders to the pre-order thread, every time I go onto this thread I look forward to news and discussion but instead its pre-orders and orders:(

Plug wrote: »
    Can a mod please move these posts about pre-orders to the pre-order thread, every time I go onto this thread I look forward to news and discussion but instead its pre-orders and orders:(

You missed about a hour of panic, it should clam down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Well it is friday the 13th after all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

For those who are waiting for the pre-download on PSN it sounds like its been moved again to the 15th because of the leak on xbox.

https://twitter.com/spatss7/status/378490667032657920

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

It probably to late, they had already put in the order for the stock, they only get as many in as they will sell, also the person who told you about the damaged stock should be fired, you should go talk to the manager :P

I'll fire himself, his name was on the receipt :mad:

But he said I could up-grade but due to so called damaged stock to check back Monday :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement