Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

original.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Ok mixed news on this one folks.

What I have been told is that there was indeed an issue with the initial consignment of stock on Xbox only. This was a manufacturing fault which damaged discs / rendered them faulty and was only discovered as stock started landing in the top tier distributors. There has been a major push to re manufacture these units / allocate stock from elsewhere and extra / replacement stock is expected to land over the weekend and in time for release day. In fact some of this has already arrived.

We've been told that our day 1 stock is secure and we as in Gamesnash have no issues with shortages. Our stock is here in Ireland (but not released to us until Monday)

Reading between the lines though and this is my personal opinion - there may be some shortages on Xbox considering wave 2 stock was not due until the end of the month I'd be wondering how much stock / production facilities could be utilised at short notice to get stock replaced. This all depends of course on what % of the initial run was damaged / faulty. I don't have that figure myself.

So the plot thickens

americansforweb_2577019b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gonna be hell in the apartment if I get my PS3 copy and the GF does not ger her Xbox copy, she will be like a Antichrist :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Xenji wrote: »
    Gonna be hell in the apartment if I get my PS3 copy and the GF does not ger her Xbox copy, she will be like a Antichrist :eek:

Sure just have her sit in the corner and watch you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Just play yourself and give her a sec by sec commentary :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Sure just have her sit in the corner and watch you play.

Make her provide the food and beverages.

This could work though, she would not watch me play as she would not want to spoil it for herself, that means she would have to avoid me while I was playing it, could get a lot of peace and quiet out of this :D

One of us actually has a girlfriend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Patiently waiting for a dispatched email from Amazon :(

py2006 wrote: »

A girlfriend that still has all her original consoles starting from the NES and about 300 plus games to go with them, we have so much between us we need separate games rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

A girlfriend that still has all her original consoles starting from the NES and about 300 plus games to go with them, we have so much between us we need separate games rooms.

Lucky bastard! :D

and she isn't inflatable?

It's not as great as it sounds. It means you have to spend time with them where you are not playing GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

When they perfect human cloning could I get one of those please? Thanks man. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭listermint

and she isn't inflatable?

lars.jpg

It's not as great as it sounds. It means you have to spend time with them where you are not playing GTA.

confused-o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

So final proof that PS3 is better than xBOX. Win.

Sure it doesn't take much digging to find proof. Just sit down in front of each of them for a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

listermint wrote: »
    lars.jpg

Is...that Ryan Gosling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

tbh they should just release the game now tbh twitter/fb is too alive atm, im scared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Why couldnt they have released this today?? Give everyone the chance to play it over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I just want to warn anyone who even thinks about posting a spoiler...

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you get out of spoiling games for people. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a year moderating C&H and Podcasts. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you go away now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will 9pt you...

I was listening to Podtoid earlier, and Jim Sterling actually made a good point that I'd never thought of. In GTAIV, Niko rarely actually kills people. Like, the majority of the time (unless you shoot them in the head) enemies are only ever wounded unless you choose to freeaim down at them and shoot them again. Really is a subtle thing that I hadn't really thought of until he said it.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I was listening to Podtoid earlier, and Jim Sterling actually made a good point that I'd never thought of. In GTAIV, Niko rarely actually kills people. Like, the majority of the time (unless you shoot them in the head) enemies are only ever wounded unless you choose to freeaim down at them and shoot them again. Really is a subtle thing that I hadn't really thought of until he said it.

Great story, now focus...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Great story, now focus...

I can't focus on anything bar GTA. :P

I'm currently watching a walkthrough of Vice City. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I can't take this anymore. Gonna see if I can get next week off work. Late notice but I'm owed some holidays anyway.

Just need to come up with a better excuse than 'I'll be playing a videogame in my underwear'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I just want to warn anyone who even thinks about posting a spoiler...

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you get out of spoiling games for people. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a year moderating C&H and Podcasts. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you go away now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will 9pt you...

Michael and Trevor are secret gay lovers. One of the missions involves placing household objects up eachothers holes without touching the sides, a bit like Operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

Iv'e 218 :P

i have 10GB left

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mc Love wrote: »
    Why couldnt they have released this today?? Give everyone the chance to play it over the weekend?

I dunno, tuesday is such an odd day to release something, you'd imagine Rockstar would want as many people playing it for as long as they can for a few days.

i have 10GB left

Don't you start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I think games are usually released in the states on a Tuesday and a Friday here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement