Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

kucyk wrote: »
    They do deliver to PMs on Saturdays and Sundays. I usually get texts very late evening, based in Dublin South.

For example, last one I got was on the 18th of August 21:30, that was Sunday.

You will get your copy today or tomorrow at latest.

I can vouch for this, I gotten the delivery texts as late as 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

psugrue wrote: »
    you beaut! it left alright. i was only reading the status that said "checked in". clicked the tracking number and it left at 11.29 this morning :D

Aaaaaaaaah!!!! First time using Parcel Motel so I thought the overall status would update. Package was checked in at 11:29 and left the depot at 11:58. I don't know if it goes to the ROI depot or anything like that, does it? If it's a straight delivery down to here, I don't see how it couldn't be here tonight or tomorrow.

It's a little bit exciting, I'm not going to lie!

I can vouch for this, I gotten the delivery texts as late as 11pm.

I've changed my settings to receive texts anytime, just in case it gets delivered at some mad hour!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

If you's are lucky enough to get it today or even Monday, make sure you's don't go online while playing it just to be on the safe side.

You's?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaaah!!!! First time using Parcel Motel so I thought the overall status would update. Package was checked in at 11:29 and left the depot at 11:58. I don't know if it goes to the ROI depot or anything like that, does it? If it's a straight delivery down to here, I don't see how it couldn't be here tonight or tomorrow.

It's a little bit exciting, I'm not going to lie!

It does go to dublin and then on to your address.

I have had one package go to Limerick, back to Dublin and then back to Limerick again though

• Advertisement

Just got an update.

271736.jpg

Dublin to Waterford shouldn't take more than a few hours. I might well be playing this tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Sat 14 Sep 10:54 Belfast Package left depot
    Sat 14 Sep 16:27 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van

Muwahhaaaaaaa!!!Will have it tonight alright. It usuall arrives late at night for me, bout 10.30 to parcell motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Feck you Amazon.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Just got an update.

271736.jpg

Dublin to Waterford shouldn't take more than a few hours. I might well be playing this tonight.

Odd mine left Belfast an hour before yours and still hasn't reached the Dublin depot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

€20 cheaper and access days before everyone else...humm...why didn't I buy on Amazon?

• Advertisement

Odd mine left Belfast an hour before yours and still hasn't reached the Dublin depot

I would say there are a fair few dvd size boxes for them to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

-unsubscribes-

Bastards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Just checked my status as well. Cheap and before release date:D
    Looks like it'll be an all nighter

Sat 14 Sep 10:54 Belfast Package left depot
    Sat 14 Sep 16:27 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van
    Sat 14 Sep 16:30 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel

excellent, ill have it bout 7 i reckon.

I'd say it's there alright. The next update is when it's loaded onto a van. It just might be pot luck when they're loading vans for your area of the country or however they work it.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I hope y'all don't get it after all... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

So lucky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm sick with jealousy right now. Can't believe some of you pricks will be playing this tonight! ¬¬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Mines still in Belfast. Won't see it until Monday.

If i'd know I nearly would have changed to a Dublin motel and drove up for it this evening :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm sick with jealousy right now. Can't believe some of you pricks will be playing this tonight! ¬¬

Go out

Get drunk

I'll see you there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

vFD8u3V.png

uQqzz3Q.png

OMG so close!

Mines still in Belfast. Won't see it until Monday.

If i'd know I nearly would have changed to a Dublin motel and drove up for it this evening :pac:

Have you clicked the tracking number? I didn't know you had to do that earlier.

Apparently, 4Chan have uncovered evidence that the game will be ported to PC and PS4 at some point.

http://i.imgur.com/DVydMcl.png

Rang Gamestop and XtraVison regarding people getting it today. It's shocking how poor the knowledge of this is from the XtraVision guy, who told me the game was out last week in The USA, Came out on the 15th in Northern Ireland (this was his explanation as to why some northern irelanders have theirs already.. think about it) and unfortunately the Republic of Ireland are unfortunate in that we're the only ones getting it on the 17th... What a moron. Fella should be sacked on the spot for such incompetence and blatantly lying to a customer.

Gamestop, when asked about breaking release was 'nope, no way, would never happen, not a chance'. Lad barely talked to me before hanging up the phone. Where are the manners gone!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Apparently, 4Chan have uncovered evidence that the game will be ported to PC and PS4 at some point.

http://i.imgur.com/DVydMcl.png

I have no idea why everyone is fussing over pc/ps4/xbox 1. Obviously they're going to release them at some point. If they announced it now, less people would buy current gen consoles = less profit. If people thought that GTA V was only available for current gen consoles, then it would increase console sales too = hence the ps3 gta v bundle. It would also mean that some people would purchase the game twice, once for ps3, and then again later down the road for ps4. It was a very strategic decision on rockstars part. That's why there's been no mention of pc/xbox1/ps4.

The fact the rockstar even went down the route of special/collectors editions is more than enough proof that GTA V will be released for pc/xbox1/ps4. It's clear that they're after the money, and this is best way to completely milk gta.

Have you clicked the tracking number? I didn't know you had to do that earlier.

Well that's embarrassing :o

Sat 14 Sep 10:35 Belfast Package left depot

The worst thing is it's gonna spend the weekend in the Nightline warehouse directly behind my house :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,659 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Rang Gamestop and XtraVison regarding people getting it today. It's shocking how poor the knowledge of this is from the XtraVision guy, who told me the game was out last week in The USA, Came out on the 15th in Northern Ireland (this was his explanation as to why some northern irelanders have theirs already.. think about it) and unfortunately the Republic of Ireland are unfortunate in that we're the only ones getting it on the 17th... What a moron. Fella should be sacked on the spot for such incompetence and blatantly lying to a customer.

Gamestop, when asked about breaking release was 'nope, no way, would never happen, not a chance'. Lad barely talked to me before hanging up the phone. Where are the manners gone!?

In fairness to the Gamestop lad they've probably been bombarded with calls from people asking to break release. Still no way to treat a customer though.

Most places have a contract with the supplier to restrict them from releasing it before release, I remember Gamesnash posting about it a while ago.

How Amazon have gotten away with it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Well that's embarrassing :o

Sat 14 Sep 10:35 Belfast Package left depot

The worst thing is it's gonna spend the weekend in the Nightline warehouse directly behind my house :(

You could get into the spirit of GTA and organize a heist on the warehouse.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    How Amazon have gotten away with it though...

I'd say with the volume of games Amazon ships they have a bit of flexibility. Plus they are dealing with an unreliable post network so in there eyes better safe than have it show up late!

• Advertisement

Jamez735 wrote: »

The fact the rockstar even went down the route of special/collectors editions is more than enough proof that GTA V will be released for pc/xbox1/ps4. It's clear that they're after the money, and this is best way to completely milk gta.

I know a PC release was always likely to be on the cards, but by keeping quiet about it or denying the plans; it pissed off a lot of PC gamers and likely alienated them.

I'm genuinely surprised that it's going to be released on PS4 though. I thought they'd start afresh with a new series set in a new 'universe' on the next gen consoles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement