Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

krudler wrote: »
    how I feel knowing it's being played now and I'm missing it
    Feeling the same, except when I remember I went for the special edition.... Which amazon never had.
    I actual dont mind waiting for it as I wont have time to really sit down and play it until Wednesday anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

moesyzlak wrote: »
    Does it display in 1080 on ps3?

Highly doubt it, most games on both consoles typically target 720p, but even then, lots of them run below this to improve performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

jNdKO0S.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Since amazon broke the relseae will other shops sell early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Unless a bricks and mortar Irish retailer breaks it, I doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Just popped in RDR to console myself for a couple of hours....... My PS3 disc drive just died!! Seriously.
    My life is ruined!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Amazon didn't really break the release. They had to ship it early so people over here would get it by tuesday.

Well, okay they did, but It's an exception to the brick and mortar's I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Amazon didn't break the release. They have no control over how fast stuff is delivered.. and have an obligation to customers to ensure they get it as close to a set date as possible.

Even if big retailers here wanted to release early, most of them couldn't since they still don't yet possess the product or have the staff set up to do it.

There's probably a very slim chance that Tesco could have it on shelves a little bit earlier than others, but I wouldn't count on it happening before Monday at around 6-7pm.. and shur what's the point in changing plans at that stage?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,245 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

My dream last night had Chop in it, and I ran over him with my car. I was heartbroken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Just popped in RDR to console myself for a couple of hours....... My PS3 disc drive just died!! Seriously.
    My life is ruined!!!

Dude, I feel for you...that is rough going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So my copy was loaded into a delivery van at 16:20 today. Waterford is an hour and a half down the road these days. My hopes of getting it tonight have faded mightily...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sickened so many people got this early, gonna be a long f*cking 3 days!
    Would be a shame if all those amazon **** got kicked out of the boards crew :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

nkay1985 wrote: »
    So my copy was loaded into a delivery van at 16:20 today. Waterford is an hour and a half down the road these days. My hopes of getting it tonight have faded mightily...

If it is in a van, I'd say it'll be in a motel tonight. They're not going to leavel parcels in a van overnight. They don't drive direct, they'd have stops all over the place on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Also they do deliveries throughout the night. I've had mine arrive (to Dublin) in the wee hours of the morning before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, I got texts off them at 3am before. You can set the time you get texts on the parcelmotel webpage, make sure it's set so you can get them anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    If it is in a van, I'd say it'll be in a motel tonight. They're not going to leavel parcels in a van overnight. They don't drive direct, they'd have stops all over the place on the way

Yeah that's what I was thinking but I thought they'd have smaller delivery networks than 5 hours from Dublin. Can't complain anyway. I would have been delighted to get it Monday night/Tuesday morning considering how much cheaper it was.
    face1990 wrote: »
    Also they do deliveries throughout the night. I've had mine arrive (to Dublin) in the wee hours of the morning before.

Yeah I was wondering what time they deliver until. I have my settings set to text me anytime so I might have to duck out at all hours, bring it home, kick off the install and grab a few hours kip before launching into it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

If anyone gets the game before release, please post here to discuss all that you're getting up to:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057039963

Big thanks to peanut butter jelly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Amazon didn't break the release. They have no control over how fast stuff is delivered.. and have an obligation to customers to ensure they get it as close to a set date as possible.

That's not strictly true. If you look at the postmark on the Parcel Motel photo you'll see it is '24', that is the postmark for Royal Mail 24 packet service that delivers 90 odd percent of packets to UK address within (you guessed it) 24 hours. Even 1 st class mail is still 90+ percent next day. If they dispatched them deliberately then they knew most would arrive today. It's possible they were posted inadvertently, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Oat23 wrote: »
    My dream last night had Chop in it, and I ran over him with my car. I was heartbroken :(

I dreamt I found out how the final mission goes.... the plot of the original Italian Job apparently :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The map superimposed on Dublin.

577904_10200624101705597_1396725329_n.jpg

Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Note to self, use amazon/parcel motel for future releases :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

CMpunked wrote: »
    If anyone gets the game before release, please post here to discuss all that you're getting up to:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057039963

Big thanks to peanut butter jelly!

tumblr_lfeyxt1fGW1qfllkno1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,659 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Amazon are out of stock at the moment, just noticed it there. I ordered mine earlier today and still haven't been charged for it, thinking about cancelling the order.

But then again it's 20 quid cheaper than everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    The map superimposed on Dublin.

And for scale..

OaToc7Y.png

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

still cant believe I cancelled my amazon/parcel motel order Friday morning thinking I wouldn't get it till Wednesday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

My life is ruined!!!

Could you download from the psn store?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

RoryMac wrote: »
    Could you download from the psn store?

If I download it from psn onto this machine and in a few weeks get a new one, will I be able to download it again for free or would I have to pay again?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Mar Mar Marmalade

Any news for Gamestop Pre-orders? Haven't heard anything bad yet but I might be wrong :eek:.

Another person is selling GTA 5 on Adverts for €550, though judging from their positive feedback & history, I'd say it's legit :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

If I download it from psn onto this machine and in a few weeks get a new one, will I be able to download it again for free or would I have to pay again?

No you get 2 downloads per account.If you want to download again you will have to deactive an account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any news for Gamestop Pre-orders? Haven't heard anything bad yet but I might be wrong :eek:.

Another person is selling GTA 5 on Adverts for €550, though judging from their positive feedback & history, I'd say it's legit :D.

If you have a PS3 you will be fine, if you have a Xbox it could be a different story depending on how much of the stock was deficient, you will not get it till midnight monday though, they will not break street date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement