Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Ill sell you my manual for €50 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

What are the read speed for usb 2.0 flash drives these days? I can't seem to find anything that has at least 15mb/s on usb 2.0. Looking for something to store the game and mandatory install.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Just picked up a 32GB SanDisk Cruzer Blade in Harvey Normans for €17 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭naughto

was in my local gamestop paying off gta asked him what was the craic with amazon shipping ealry,he said that there was a sh1te storm going down over it.
    the amount of phone calls and emails he has got from his bosses he said had being unreal.
    i asked him do they have may pre orders 550 his said and said to hang on a minute and i can show you.there was sh1te loads of them waiting to go,man how iwanted to do a grab and run.he did me a free poster and arm band yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I traded in loads of games earlier to completely pay off my preorder. My one crumb of comfort when reading how some of you are already playing the game is that at least I'm not actually paying any money for it when I finally get my hands on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

cant wait to play the golf in GTA. [rob better than the tiger woods games ha. http://balls.ie/news/seen-golf-can-play-grand-theft-auto-5/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Heads up, guys.

GameStop Blanchardstown has a sign up saying that in order to get GTAV at the midnight launch you need your reciept and a valid photo id.

I assume the requirement of the id is for age purposes. But if any of you are in the 18-22 age bracket you might just get screwed over by an extra cautious gamestop employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Heads up, guys.

GameStop Blanchardstown has a sign up saying that in order to get GTAV at the midnight launch you need your reciept and a valid photo id.

I assume the requirement of the id is for age purposes. But if any of you are in the 18-22 age bracket you might just get screwed over by an extra cautious gamestop employee.

I'm 28, ill be chuffed if I get asked for ID :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Id like to think that employees would be wise not to reject someone a copy of GTA V!! After all that build up would you tell someone they can't have it? I wouldn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Ooooh my Game.co.uk order has been shipped!! :D

It's coming by next day delivery courier, so fingers crossed I'll get it tomorrow! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I never played the Episodes from Liberty City so I decided to play them on the laptop to bide my time waiting for GTA5 this weekend. Didn't really like the Lost and Damned, but the Ballad of Gay Tony is great so far. I have to get it finished quickly, because realistically I'm never going to play it again!

It has really got me in the mood for GTA5!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I'm in my 30's and got asked was I over 18 recently when buying a lotto ticket. I better bring ID just incase. I didn't win the lotto that time but being asked for ID was a little win in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

I never played the Episodes from Liberty City so I decided to play them on the laptop to bide my time waiting for GTA5 this weekend. Didn't really like the Lost and Damned, but the Ballad of Gay Tony is great so far. I have to get it finished quickly, because realistically I'm never going to play it again!

It has really got me in the mood for GTA5!

Yeah I've been revisiting TBOGT too in the run up to V :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Hate that mission in the helicopter in TBOGT

Mc Love wrote: »
    Hate that mission in the helicopter in TBOGT

Which one?

Which one?

the one where you have to chase the arms dealers in boats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

I'm in my 30's and got asked was I over 18 recently when buying a lotto ticket. I better bring ID just incase. I didn't win the lotto that time but being asked for ID was a little win in itself.

Ahem...you accidently posted in GTA V thread. I think your post was meant for the 'young looking people' aka 'I think Im great' thread in AH. ;)

the one where you have to chase the arms dealers in boats

After you
    blow up the yatch
    ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 2BFrank

Has there been 5 GTA's?

What version was San Andrea? 2?

thats the one!

• Advertisement

thats the one!

Ah that was easy.....Rockets all the way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

2BFrank wrote: »
    Has there been 5 GTA's?

GTA
    GTA 2
    GTA 3
    GTA 4
    GTA 5

There's also been named entries like GTA London, Vice City, San Andreas, Chinatown Wars, Liberty and Vice City Stories plus the GTA 4 expansions The Lost and Damned and The ballad of gay tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

i know im looking a bit far ahead and the game not even out but any word on any spin offs to come from GTA V ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

2BFrank wrote: »
    Has there been 5 GTA's?

San Andreas was the 7th GTA game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_%28series%29#Games

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

San Andreas is essentially GTA 3.2. Vice city and SA followed III in the same engine. IV's expansions were set in Liberty City and weren't full games like Vice City and San Andreas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Game just started to download on my PS3, it says 3 hours for the download.

Then just need to wait for midnight tomorrow (or likely 1AM)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I have a simple question, that puzzles me, probably has a simple answer.

If you've pre-ordered the game, you get access to the Atomic Blimp. But if you didn't pre-order you don't get access.

How does that work?

Are they selling 2 different games, one that has the Blimp access and the other that doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Id like to think that employees would be wise not to reject someone a copy of GTA V!! After all that build up would you tell someone they can't have it? I wouldn't!

if i valued my job and some person didn't have an ID to prove they are old enough then yes I'd shout it from the rooftops.

johndoe99 wrote: »
    I have a simple question, that puzzles me, probably has a simple answer.

If you've pre-ordered the game, you get access to the Atomic Blimp. But if you didn't pre-order you don't get access.

How does that work?

Are they selling 2 different games, one that has the Blimp access and the other that doesn't.

Maybe the first shipment has a code and the 'off the shelf' doesn't?

Or is it a online download that recognises the disc??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'd say just a code printed on a piece of cardboard. Think the last of us did something like this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement