Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

johndoe99 wrote: »
    I have a simple question, that puzzles me, probably has a simple answer.

If you've pre-ordered the game, you get access to the Atomic Blimp. But if you didn't pre-order you don't get access.

How does that work?

Are they selling 2 different games, one that has the Blimp access and the other that doesn't.
    I'm assuming it's a code you put in that unlocks it. In future, you'll probably be able to buy the blimp as an add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Its on a code that comes in the box, i've not put it in yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

I wonder if the special & collectors edition in game bonuses are all just codes or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Stupid question. I ordered mine last week on amazon. It was shipped 2 days after through PM. Does this count as a preorder? What extra stuff do preorders get? Outside Dublin so I don't have it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Days 298 wrote: »
    Stupid question. I ordered mine last week on amazon. It was shipped 2 days after through PM. Does this count as a preorder? What extra stuff do preorders get? Outside Dublin so I don't have it yet.

Just a blimp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

My Gamesnash order says packed finally! Was getting worried

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Yeah I've been revisiting TBOGT too in the run up to V :)

ive benn playing san andreas just cleared for the very first time today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

miralize wrote: »
    My Gamesnash order says packed finally! Was getting worried

Mine is still down as packing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Its on a code that comes in the box, i've not put it in yet.

So, somewhere during packing and sealing the cases, they have separate cases for pre-orders.

I pre-ordered the Special Edition, yesterday in Gamestop, just sounds ridiculous to have two different cases, lot of bother to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yeah i'm curious about the blimp too. It just mentions the atomic blimp. As in maybe that's just the skin of the blimp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

is there something about anyone who ordered from gamesnash that was an xbox version might no get theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    is there something about anyone who ordered from gamesnash that was an xbox version might no get theirs?

An unspecified number of copies of the Xbox version that was shipped over here were found to be deficient, Pat said his stock would be ok, but you may have shortages in other stores, we still do not know how many copies of the game were affected, Gamestop are saying they are sold out of the 360 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

Awful feeling with all the hype around the game I am going to end up dissapointed. I remember playing grand theft auto 4 initially I was dissapointed with it. If it can stand the test of time like San Andreas I will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

I'm pretty sure these type of pre-order bonuses are just codes inside the boxes of ALL of the first shipment.

There's been a couple times Ive bought a game off the shelf, recently after release, that have the pre-order codes in them.

I think it's purely a way to get pre-orders up, no interest in the content being 'exclusive'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Xenji wrote: »
    Gamestop are saying they are sold out of the 360 version.

when i was pre-ordering mine for the PS3 Saturday, they were not taking anymore orders for the Xbox either in Waterford City. The looks on peoples faces was priceless. I only ordered the Special Edition as the standard edition was booked solid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    cant wait to play the golf in GTA. [rob better than the tiger woods games ha. http://balls.ie/news/seen-golf-can-play-grand-theft-auto-5/

Golf looks fookin' ace!!! I LOVE the way it's not just you start playing and then you have no free control. Take your shot and then walk/cart up to your next shot...class!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

quick question.
    Will games pre ordered through gamesnash have the blimp ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

14murphy wrote: »
    quick question.
    Will games pre ordered through gamesnash have the blimp ?

I'd imagine all the first run stock will have it if its just a code in the box, often got "preorder" bonuses from just buying games around launch that game with the codes for whatever dlc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

DarkJager wrote: »
    GTA
    GTA 2
    GTA 3
    GTA 4
    GTA 5

There's also been named entries like GTA London, Vice City, San Andreas, Chinatown Wars, Liberty and Vice City Stories plus the GTA 4 expansions The Lost and Damned and The ballad of gay tony.

Ah Jesus...nostalgia.

Awful feeling with all the hype around the game I am going to end up dissapointed. I remember playing grand theft auto 4 initially I was dissapointed with it. If it can stand the test of time like San Andreas I will be happy

I'd never played TBOGT until today(trying to get my fix however I could).

I turned it off after half an hour...

I'm worried I won't enjoy GTA V now..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

I'd never played TBOGT until today(trying to get my fix however I could).

I turned it off after half an hour...

I'm worried I won't enjoy GTA V now..

In fairness tbogt didn't have a good storyline...There was more of a focus on fun gameplay - new weapons, base jumping etc. etc.

Maybe try multiplayer...base jumping's always good craic online.

Jamez735 wrote: »
    In fairness tbogt didn't have a good storyline...There was more of a focus on fun gameplay - new weapons, base jumping etc. etc.

Maybe try multiplayer...base jumping's always good craic online.

Yeah, maybe.

I think I'm just tired of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Gf just ordered loads of new furniture where ps3 is located. May have problems playing. Painting and the works. Sigh might take longer to play GTA than I realised

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gf just ordered loads of new furniture where ps3 is located. May have problems playing. Painting and the works. Sigh might take longer to play GTA than I realised

Tell her to redecorate the shed or something instead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

12 more hours and I can get mine from Parcel Motel. 10 hours of work to suffer through then staring at the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Yeah, maybe.

I think I'm just tired of the city.

i got really bored of the city too, One thing i loved about SA was travelling on the motorway from one city to another.

That coastal road going all over the motorway looks epic, imagine racing around that in Multiplayer :D Makes me excited

Kenno90 wrote: »
    i got really bored of the city too, One thing i loved about SA was travelling on the motorway from one city to another.

That coastal road going all over the motorway looks epic, imagine racing around that in Multiplayer :D Makes me excited

Yeah, I can't wait.

My girlfriend is thankfully away for a few days so my evenings are set :D

I've never even tried multiplayer in IV...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Yeah, I can't wait.

My girlfriend is thankfully away for a few days so my evenings are set :D

I've never even tried multiplayer in IV...

It was alright, can be good craic when playing with friends but a lot of rooms online were full of cheaters, made the experience horrible.

It was alright, can be good craic when playing with friends but a lot of rooms online were full of cheaters, made the experience horrible.

That's what I expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

R* investigating Amazon for shipping the game earlyand also 2 shops in france and Spain.
    Rockstar told GamesIndustry International: "We are in the process of investigating early 'sales' to determine how and why that is occurring."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement