Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    R* investigating Amazon for shipping the game earlyand also 2 shops in france and Spain.

Amazon will laugh at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Probably, but I'd love to see Amazon bitch slapped by Rockstar over it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If you buy the game on disc for ps3,does anybody know how much space on the hard drive it takes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

R* investigating Amazon for shipping the game earlyand also 2 shops in france and Spain.

Rockstar need to get over it tbh, honestly do they think some people getting the game 2 days early is going to make any difference? nobody will have it finished by tuesday, the game is going to make a bajillion quid regardless, they'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

If you buy the game on disc for ps3,does anybody know how much space on the hard drive it takes up?

12gb supposedly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Yep.

R* are being total dicks about the whole thing. Someone obtains a legitimate copy a few days early for full asking price - boo hoo R*.

In the economic climate you'd think every company would be chuffed to have people practically throwing money at whomever will give them it.

But no, R* are treating this as if the world is going to end if people get the game before the 17th.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

12gb supposedly.

Crap lol,only got 12gig left on my 60gig ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

krudler wrote: »
    Rockstar need to get over it tbh, honestly do they think some people getting the game 2 days early is going to make any difference? nobody will have it finished by tuesday, the game is going to make a bajillion quid regardless, they'll be grand.

I'd love to see Rockstar not supply Amazon with anymore copies of GTA V and future Rockstar titles simply because I don't like Amazon.

Hahaha in all fairness what are they gonna do :-D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Yep.

R* are being total dicks about the whole thing. Someone obtains a legitimate copy a few days early for full asking price - boo hoo R*.

In the economic climate you'd think every company would be chuffed to have people practically throwing money at whomever will give them it.

But no, R* are treating this as if the world is going to end if people get the game before the 17th.

In fairness to Rockstar, they've been working on this for 5 long years. They just want it to go down as one of the biggest game launches in history. People who get the game earlier can ruin the experience for others, not just in terms of spoilers, but gameplay too. I want to be blown away the first time I enter the world of V, but watching livestreams kinda ruins it for me. Even the little details, like how a character walks, or what the streets & buildings look like should be a new experience. I know it's your fault if you purposely watch a livestream, but a lot of people don't just have the self control, nor should they need to....I don't know, it's kinda like having a peek at the christmas presents early or something... maybe it's just me?

• Advertisement

I'd love to see Rockstar not supply Amazon with anymore copies of GTA V and future Rockstar titles simply because I don't like Amazon.

Bit of a selfish thing to say, considering the amount of people who use Amazon, no?

Jamez735 wrote: »
    In fairness to Rockstar, they've been working on this for 5 long years. They just want it to go down as one of the biggest game launches in history. People who get the game earlier can ruin the experience for others, not just in terms of spoilers, but gameplay too. I want to be blown away the first time I enter the world of V, but watching livestreams kinda ruins it for me. Even the little details, like how a character walks, or what the streets & buildings look like should be a new experience. I know it's your fault if you purposely watch a livestream, but a lot of people don't just have the self control, nor should they need to....I don't know, it's kinda like having a peek at the christmas presents early or something... maybe it's just me?

Then the issue is your own personal self restraint, nobody has taken a gun to your head and made you watch those livestreams, nor has anybody made you type "GTA V" into Google and sift through the results for spoilers.

If you can't turn away of your own volition, then it's really no one else's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What's wrong with amazon? their customer care is exceptional

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yep.

The game leaked early for the XBOX and if you know your stuff you could easily of been able to download the game and play it for free, same goes for the PS3, they lose money this way, not a lot but it must be annoying, plus with a story driven game like this it can give away a ****load of spoilers for people who are still waiting to get it on the launch day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Then the issue is your own personal self restraint, nobody has taken a gun to your head and made you watch those livestreams, nor has anybody made you type "GTA V" into Google and sift through the results for spoilers.

If you can't turn away of your own volition, then it's really no one else's fault.

That was just one point, there's also the spoilers that trolls are posting everywhere. You can't expect people to avoid the internet completely in the run up to V.

And it's not just on GTA V content, I've been finding spoilers on random youtube videos lately, (hopefully they're fake though)

Anyway that's beside the point, people shouldn't have to avoid GTA V online, or exercise their self control. Surely people can wait a few days and we can all experience it at the same time, it's not fair on those who don't receive it early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

If anyone here spent 170 million on a game/movie/program and a company just sent it out before your proud release date you'd all be pretty pissed to!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf, if Rockstar made a fuss about it, it could get other publishers to mess with Amazon for stock for big games. Whilst it wouldn't really affect Amazon that much, it still wouldn't be a good thing for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

If anyone here spent 170 million on a game/movie/program and a company just sent it out before your proud release date you'd all be pretty pissed to!

If I was reeling in as much money as the are I wouldnt give a flying f*ck. Id be too busy picking the colour of my Ferrari.

krudler wrote: »
    What's wrong with amazon? their customer care is exceptional

Amen. I won't hear a bad word about amazon! I bought some clothes from them which didn't fit right in the end. I wanted to return them but the cost of shipping them outweighed the cost of the clothes. The lad on the live chat support thingy ended up refunding me and told me to donate them to charity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well R* always have contracts in place where compnies can't sell eary, Pat fro Gamesnash was talking about on they had to sign before. Whatever about R* really not wanting peopl to get the game early, if there was a 'no release early' contract inplace Amazon are gonna get bitch slapped with a hefty fine. Saying that, the amount of money they make, will probably be nothing to them. R* wil definitely look to fine/suethem though I'd say.

I've never heard of a dev contactng a 'Lets Play' guy and telling them not to relase story vids too early. People on the internet can do whatever they want and R* know this, bit strange.

Anyway, I'm patting myself on the back with the will I'm showing on refusing to look at gameplay vids. So tempting but gonna soldier on as I want to experience the game for myself first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Days 298 wrote: »
    If I was reeling in as much money as the are I wouldnt give a flying f*ck. Id be too busy picking the colour of my Ferrari.

Nope 911 GT3 Turbo and a Nice little private jet, with a little heli for the weekend :D

oh and a Jaguar XF S for long spins to the south of france :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Amen. I won't hear a bad word about amazon! I bought some clothes from them which didn't fit right in the end. I wanted to return them but the cost of shipping them outweighed the cost of the clothes. The lad on the live chat support thingy ended up refunding me and told me to donate them to charity :)

They gave me Amazing Spider Man on Blu-ray with free express delivery because the code I got with buying a PS3 for a PSN download of the film didn't work.

Xenji wrote: »
    The game leaked early for the XBOX and if you know your stuff you could easily of been able to download the game and play it for free, same goes for the PS3, they lose money this way, not a lot but it must be annoying, plus with a story driven game like this it can give away a ****load of spoilers for people who are still waiting to get it on the launch day.

The day I feel sorry for R*/Take Two loosing a few quid to pirates is the day that I swing from the end of a rope because my sense of what actually matters has clearly ceased to function.

As for spoilers, sure they suck, but if that's all people have to worry about I'd love to live a simple and care free life like them.

Anyway, I'm patting myself on the back with the will I'm showing on refusing to look at gameplay vids. So tempting but gonna soldier on as I want to experience the game for myself first.

That's impressive, I did get burnt with a major spoiler by watching live streams, but I don't care. I was still worth it haha! Couldn't hack the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The day I feel sorry for R*/Take Two loosing a few quid to pirates is the day that I swing from the end of a rope because my sense of what actually matters has clearly ceased to function.

As for spoilers, sure they suck, but if that's all people have to worry about I'd love to live a simple and care free life like them.

Good man, if we were all like you we would not of had GTA V :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I should have stayed away from the gameplay videos. Desperation to play this game has well and truly kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

12gb supposedly.

oh sh1t i thought it was 8 GB

Xenji wrote: »
    Good man, if we were all like you we would not of had GTA V :rolleyes:

I'm not saying piracy is okay and I certainly don't partake in it myself, but the fact is what they're gonna loose to piracy is fraction to what they'll actually rake in, so let the pirates have their fun with this, who cares.

oh sh1t i thought it was 8 GB

It's 8gb for both. Apologies. I could have sworn someone saying 12gb for PS3.

Either way, I have been trying to play HDD tetris with my 20gb hard drive. I have to delete all my Game on Demand games for it :mad:

I can't seem to find a decent flash drive anywhere for this game. Rockstar suggest a flash drive that has read speeds of 15mb/s. I can't seem to find one at the speed at USB 2.0..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

I just bought the official xbox360 16GB flash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement