Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

I'm not saying piracy is okay and I certainly don't partake in it myself, but the fact is what they're gonna loose to piracy is fraction to what they'll actually rake in, so let the pirates have their fun with this, who cares.

That is such a silly thing to say. So it's okay for "some" people to pirate it and get it free? How much would be too much? What makes the pirates special so that they can get it free while other hard working folk spend their earned money on it?

I'm convinced piracy and hacking is the reason there is currently no PC version. These pirates are selfish and in the end just ruin things for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Nope 911 GT3 Turbo and a Nice little private jet, with a little heli for the weekend :D

oh and a Jaguar XF S for long spins to the south of france :P

You'd do well, the GT3 is normall aspirated :p

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

h3000 wrote: »
    You'd do well, the GT3 is normall aspirated :p

With all that money Porsche would stick on a turbo for me :P

At this moment in time id settle for a boxter and not have to wait for GTA 5 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

IngazZagni wrote: »
    That is such a silly thing to say. So it's okay for "some" people to pirate it and get it free? How much would be too much? What makes the pirates special so that they can get it free while other hard working folk spend their earned money on it?

I'm convinced piracy and hacking is the reason there is currently no PC version. These pirates are selfish and in the end just ruin things for the rest of us.

That's not the point I'm making - I'm saying pirates are gonna pirate it (and I'm pretty sure that if Mammy knew a neighbour that could rig up Little Jimmy's Xbox to play "free" games, she'd be all for it and the number of "hard working folk" paying for it would drop considerably), but Take Two/R* are still going to be making an obscene amount of money from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 MrQuack

This has probably been asked a million times but I'll be playing GTA V on a 4gb Xbox and I've purchased a 16gb flash drive. I've freed up 3gb on the Xbox itself and the flash drive is fully free. What I'm wondering is will this be enough to cover the install?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The mandatory install is 8gb and then there is the optional install of the play disc to keep the noise of the 360 down, that's another 7.5gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MrQuack wrote: »
    This has probably been asked a million times but I'll be playing GTA V on a 4gb Xbox and I've purchased a 16gb flash drive. I've freed up 3gb on the Xbox itself and the flash drive is fully free. What I'm wondering is will this be enough to cover the install?

It should be with the flash drive.
    'Gta V is the largest and most ambitious game we have yet created, and takes full advantage of every ounce of processing power available in current generation of consoles. In order to provide the best possible experience for such a massive and detailed world, the game will have installation requirements on both xbox 360 and Playstation 3 systems. For xbox 360, GTA V will ship on two disks; Disc 1 will be used for a one time mandatory install and Disc 2 will be used to play the game. After the install, players will be able to enjoy both GTA V and GTA Online without the need to switch discs This initial install will require an xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16gb USB flash drive with at least 8gb of free space. If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance. For PS3, the game ships on one disc and will install content as soon as you insert the game. The install is roughly 8gb, and players will be able to play as soon as the install is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

That's not the point I'm making - I'm saying pirates are gonna pirate it (and I'm pretty sure that if Mammy knew a neighbour that could rig up Little Jimmy's Xbox to play "free" games, she'd be all for it and the number of "hard working folk" paying for it would drop considerably), but Take Two/R* are still going to be making an obscene amount of money from it.

So your reaction is to just let them pirate it because it will happen anyway? Great, that attitude will just encourage more people to pirate it. You need to make life difficult for pirates. The more difficult you make it, the less likely someone will attempt to pirate it.

Yes they will make an obscene amount of money on this but they have also spent an obscene amount on making this game, money they wouldn't have had if everyone illegally obtained previous GTAs.
    Over 5 years of hard work has gone into this game. A completely original experience.
    Compare that to the yearly updates with Fifa or COD, that's a different story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

How do I know what storage space my x box has? Can't see it anywhere on it or in the manual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

How do I know what storage space my x box has? Can't see it anywhere on it or in the manual.

Go into settings and memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Go into settings and memory

Oh right ha cheers haven't played it in years, just cleaning the dust off it in preparation for Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

oh sh1t i thought it was 8 GB

according to Rockstar its 8GB

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/50871/asked-answered-gtav.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I hope rockstar do take action against amazon. OK, it's not the end of the world, but it was a fairly dickhead move by amazon. And I'm not saying that because I didn't order from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Tell her to redecorate the shed or something instead :pac:

Too late, come home, find tv unplugged, desk thrown out, ps3 packed up. Room smeeling of paint , only 1st coat and stuffy everywhere. I think no GTA for Monday night. tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Cienciano wrote: »
    I hope rockstar do take action against amazon. OK, it's not the end of the world, but it was a fairly dickhead move by amazon. And I'm not saying that because I didn't order from them!

I agree, hope they get slapped with at least a hefty fine for it. I don't buy this **** of wanting customers to have it for release day, they deliberately shipped it in such a way knowing full well that most of those would receive it a day or even 3 days early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Its great publicity for them so people might pre-order future big titles with Amazon because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

DJ Lazlow currently on Absolute Radio to get you in the mood, podcast should be available later: http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/djs_shows/schedule/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Why do people care tbh? Rockstar gets the headlines, Amazon gets the customer satisfaction, and the consumer gets the goods. The game is finished, the only reason it wasnt going on sale until the 17 is because the stock needs to be ramped up. Amazon probably got first allotment, so that release date is nothing but a formality for them, I know there are legal issues surrounding it, but I'm indifferent about it in general. If anything I'd say it was done by both companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Too late, come home, find tv unplugged, desk thrown out, ps3 packed up. Room smeeling of paint , only 1st coat and stuffy everywhere. I think no GTA for Monday night. tuesday.

Ah that sucks man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

If R* didn't cause a massive fuss over people getting the game early they'd prob get an ear full from rhe likes of gamestop and HMV, crowds that are sricking to the rules and making people wait, it's a headache for them after setting a release date and having the majority commit to it only for it to be broken by Amazon.

I've no issue with the people who have gotten it early they're the lucky ones, I'll be going in to my local gamestop for the odficial release at midnight Monday...

Until then I'm avoiding YouTube like rhe plague and the Internet as a whole except for a few sites so I don't accidently see any spoilers/gameplay!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm glad I've hardly paid any attention to the game up to now. No gameplay videos, no details whatsoever. Think thats partly what ruined GTA 4 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm glad I've hardly paid any attention to the game up to now. No gameplay videos, no details whatsoever. Think thats partly what ruined GTA 4 for me.

Same here.
    I havent looked at youtube since it leaked on the net on Thursday night. Good on Rockstar for not showing alot of the game.

Wish I was playing it tonight.... nothing else happening :P

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

cloud493 wrote: »

Same here, I don't want to know too much about the game before I get it, spoils the experience and excitement of getting it then I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've watched one online trailer and one tv ad there this week.

no more no less. bring on tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    If R* didn't cause a massive fuss over people getting the game early they'd prob get an ear full from rhe likes of gamestop and HMV

Gamestop and HMV et al should be giving R* an earful over the silly 'midnight-launch' tradition. It makes no sense these days. Online retailers have to ensure that customers get the game as soon as it's released.

If they only started to ship on Monday there'd be a whole other set of eejits complaining.

Graduated releases need to become a thing. Charge people more if they're likely to receive it earlier.. and vice versa.

In terms of leaks etc, that cannot be avoided unless you somehow enable every single person gets the game at the precise same time... and obviously planned launches like this don't work.

Individuals are responsible for leaks, not corporations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

All Rockstar have to do is hold back future releases. For GTA6 for example, Only give Amazon their allocation a day before release. Simple. Yes, Amazon is a huge company, but GTA is also a huge game and if people can't get it from Amazon, they will just go somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

6 hours later, 18GB of GTA V is downloaded and installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

aaronh007 wrote: »
    6 hours later, 18GB of GTA V is downloaded and installed.

Ps3?
    But whats the catch, it's downloaded but you cant play until Tuesday?

• Advertisement

In fairness, Rockstar need Amazon a hell of a lot more than Amazon need Rockstar. Rockstar can 'look into this' as much as they want but nothing will ever come of it. What are they gonna do? Fine Amazon, and have Amazon equip the strap-on and tell Rockstar to take their games and shove them up their...

That said, if Rockstar ar acknowledging this, then they know Amazon shipped early, and they know stores in France and Spain sold early. Why not be proactive and just release the f*cking thing already, rather than having customers getting angry at local stores. You have to be over 18 to purchase GTA V. Why can't R* treat us like adults?! Every hour that goes by, thousands of people see a 'feature' or 'improvement' that's in V that Rockstar spent time putting into it, over a live stream that someone else is playing.

I've had so much of the game spoiled for me at this rate that I genuinely don't think there are many 'aww, that's class!!' moments left. When the game comes out. so much of the fanbase will have already seen the majority of what's to see, and the game will not see as 'new' or interesting, as you're almost expecting things to happen.

I should say, though, that I can't actually get the game any sooner than midnight now anyway as I have a fair bit of work on tomorrow and some social commitments, so midnight launch suits me now, but I do think Rockstar have done a terrible job on the start and end of this games hype. My own personal hype for the game has been slapped around the place having seen so many streams and heard so much about it now, too. I kind of feel like I've already experienced it. I'm still genuinely looking forward to it, all the same, though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement