Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

aaronh007 wrote: »
    6 hours later, 18GB of GTA V is downloaded and installed.

Same.
    One download done, one to go.
    Ps3?
    But whats the catch, it's downloaded but you cant play until Tuesday?

It's not a catch - we knew it before we downloaded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've had so much of the game spoiled for me at this rate that I genuinely don't think there are many 'aww, that's class!!' moments left. When the game comes out. so much of the fanbase will have already seen the majority of what's to see, and the game will not see as 'new' or interesting, as you're almost expecting things to happen.

But this is completely your own fault! I know nothing about the game apart from what was in the official trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Do you think that if Rockstar stopped supplying Amazon with games people will just simply not buy them from another retailer?

But this is completely your own fault! I know nothing about the game apart from what was in the official trailers.

Absolutely true. Entirely my own doing. Human nature to want to see things we have an interest in. Doesn't change that it's been ruined. For thousands upon thousands of people. Ultimately it's Rockstar that will lose out.

Do you think that if Rockstar stopped supplying Amazon with games people will just simply not buy them from another retailer?

Yeah, I don't think Amazon would ever recover. frown.png

Its not about Amazon. Its about Rockstar games and their sales wouldn't suffer at all so why bother supplying a retailer who breaks their release date if its no skin off their nose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 beemish

My Gamesnash order is still packing. I see for some guys it's saying packed. Should I be getting worried? It's priority pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

beemish wrote: »
    My Gamesnash order is still packing. I see for some guys it's saying packed. Should I be getting worried? It's priority pick.

They're all being dispatched on Monday. Pat said it's simply a matter of dropping the games into the envelopes, sealing them and sending them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I just had an amazing, earth shatteringly huge idea which would solve all these issues and make me millions! (Probably not, but one can dream)

What if, the same way psn have allowed users to pre-download the game but can't play it until a vital piece of code is released at midnight tomorrow the same thing happens with disc versions?

Take for example those who got their game yesterday, what's stopping developers from leaving the disc unplayable without another piece of code which gets released at midnight at the time?
    It would sort this whole craic out altogether, I think.

Do you remember the "always on" fiasco for the Xbox One? Its pretty much the same here. A lot of people would be buying GTA V for just the single player and some of those might not even have a internet connection.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

beemish wrote: »

No order says packed ;)

All say packing - packing for the moment means there is an envelope in one of many many boxes (which as a boards priority pick means you're in a shiny box at the front) which has your packing slip in it, your address on it, it is stamped, express post labelled, tracking number assigned and it is sitting there waiting, begging and pleading for a GTAV game to be dropped into it, sealed and thrown into a bag, collected by whichever company your order is shipping with at which point your order will go to dispatched.

In short - there is no need to worry and I'm losing my mind with the stress of it all :D

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

CMpunked wrote: »
    I just had an amazing, earth shatteringly huge idea which would solve all these issues and make me millions! (Probably not, but one can dream)

What if, the same way psn have allowed users to pre-download the game but can't play it until a vital piece of code is released at midnight tomorrow the same thing happens with disc versions?

Take for example those who got their game yesterday, what's stopping developers from leaving the disc unplayable without another piece of code which gets released at midnight at the time?

+ 1 fecking million :)

Do you remember the "always on" fiasco for the Xbox One? Its pretty much the same here. A lot of people would be buying GTA V for just the single player and some of those might not even have a internet connection.

Well then for those, there can be a code option.
    You either automatically download a file or input a code which is posted online which will unlock the access.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Er, thats what microsoft would have implemented with the xbox one with the needing to enter a licence code to tie the game to your account, before they backtracked under immense pressure from the public.

Its impossible to do with games being able to be played completely offline.

Steam have been doing the preloaded thing for a while and even they can't completely monitor it with people in the states activating gifts using australian VPNs to get the game to unlock a day early.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,659 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Where's the best place to order online for release day delivery?

I see Pat's sold out on the first wave of preorders so it'd be Thursday, and I cancelled my Amazon preorder made yesterday because they told me they were sold out and were waiting on more stock, but of course this whole R* fiasco put me off.

My local xtravision isn't taking preorders, can you preorder it off gamestop.ie and collect in store on Tuesday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

What about all those that don't have internet access, that just buy the game for the main game. If they did as your idea, they'd lose countless sales of those that have no broadband.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

I see Pat's sold out on the first wave of preorders so it'd be Thursday, and I cancelled my Amazon preorder made yesterday because they told me they were sold out and were waiting on more stock, but of course this whole R* fiasco put me off.

My local xtravision isn't taking preorders, can you preorder it off gamestop.ie and collect in store on Tuesday morning?
    Its way too late to order online and get it on release day. The only places you could try is an irish seller on ebay id imagine or try an english site and pay for express international delivery or something. But yeah, its probably way too late.

Tinie wrote: »
    Its way too late to order online and get it on release day. The only places you could try is an irish seller on ebay id imagine or try an english site and pay for express international delivery or something. But yeah, its probably way too late.

Might just wait and get it in Tesco on Tuesday morning then. Bóllocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Well then for those, ... input a code which is posted online which will unlock the access.

So for people with no internet access a code will be posted online, on the internet...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd say your best bet would be to order on gamestop.ie and use express shipping. You might get it on release day that way, but it's risky. TBH I'd say your best bet is a B+M store like Tesco or HMV to get a copy on Tuesday.

DBIreland wrote: »
    So for people with no internet access a code will be posted online, on the internet...:pac:

Sorry but if you're in a country where you can buy a console, you are in a country where you can get online on a phone or something to get a code.
    I can understand not being able to have reliable enough internet to be online all the time, but come on, who doesnt have a facebook these days! :P

Revision 3 to my idea:
    There is a text number where the gamer texts and gets the code sent to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 beemish

No order says packed ;)

All say packing - packing for the moment means there is an envelope in one of many many boxes (which as a boards priority pick means you're in a shiny box at the front) which has your packing slip in it, your address on it, it is stamped, express post labelled, tracking number assigned and it is sitting there waiting, begging and pleading for a GTAV game to be dropped into it, sealed and thrown into a bag, collected by whichever company your order is shipping with at which point your order will go to dispatched.

In short - there is no need to worry and I'm losing my mind with the stress of it all :D

Cheers Pat. Get some red bull in to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

@CMPunked - I agree, just being pedantic. Also, since the problem seems to be online retailers sending games out before release date maybe they could use the code idea. If you ordered the online then surely you can receive the code online.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sorry but if you're in a country where you can buy a console, you are in a country where you can get online on a phone or something to get a code.
    I can understand not being able to have reliable enough internet to be online all the time, but come on, who doesnt have a facebook these days! :P

Revision 3 to my idea:
    There is a text number where the gamer texts and gets the code sent to them.

I DON'T HAVE A MOBILE PHONE! *RABBLE RABBLE*

I can haz Fax or telegram of code plz?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Might just wait and get it in Tesco on Tuesday morning then. Bóllocks.

I have never pre-ordered a game in my life, I'll get GTA in Tesco at 12 tomorrow night....

Fieldog wrote: »
    I have never pre-ordered a game in my life, I'll get GTA in Tesco at 12 tomorrow night....

Nearest 24 hour Tesco to me is Clarehall since Artane closes at midnight now, so I think it'll be safer to wait until the morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah thanks for the priority Pat! 1 more day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Surely theres somewhere that's releasing tomorrow. Tesco and Harvey Norman used to do it all the time.

This is gonna be one of those ****s isn't it. Just build up and a slow dribble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nearest 24 hour Tesco to me is Clarehall since Artane closes at midnight now, so I think it'll be safer to wait until the morning :pac:

Lucky for you!

I moved out of Santry to Balbriggan so my nearest 24hr Tesco is Drogheda, and it should be quieter hopefully, doubt I'll be arsed with Clarehall madness of Tesco and GameStop... :)

Harvey Norman had loads of signs and posters advertising the games release so they're a good shout too.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Lucky for you!

I moved out of Santry to Balbriggan so my nearest 24hr Tesco is Drogheda, and it should be quieter hopefully, doubt I'll be arsed with Clarehall madness of Tesco and GameStop... :)

Yeah it'll be mental.

Does anyone know how long the midnight release stores tend to stay open for? If I got up early in the morning around 7ish before heading in to college would I be able to chance my arm getting a copy before everyone else who didn't attend the midnight release goes to buy one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement