Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Do you think you would need to collect it tonight at midnight if you have the game paid off in full in gamestop, or would you be ok if you collect it tomorrow morning/lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Tinie wrote: »
    Do you think you would need to collect it tonight at midnight if you have the game paid off in full in gamestop, or would you be ok if you collect it tomorrow morning/lunch?

I'm pretty sure it's been said a few times before on the thread but you should be fine. All preorders should be held for 48 hours before they are offered for general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I have had some great luck this morning! Woke up with fits of coughing, producing copious amounts of phlegm and nose is like a tap, yep that's right, MAN-FLU! :D

That's me sorted to stay indoors for a few days.

Edit: PM me if you would like me to share my good fortune by coughing in your face free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm collecting my Collectors Edition tomorrow in Harvey Norman in Swords, but I can't get there first thing because I'm on duty, I'll have to slip down on my lunch break and hope they haven't sold it on me!

If anyone can break a street date its HN Swords, probably selling it today....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

And so begins the longest week of college ever...

Gentlemen, it has been an honour and a privilege to build up to this game with you all. I shall see you all on Friday! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

82 people online right now on this forum.

*waves* :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And so begins the longest week of college ever...

Gentlemen, it has been an honour and a privilege to build up to this game with you all. I shall see you all on Friday! :)
    You will get through this and we will see you at the weekend, boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Id love to know if there's a sudden increase in men calling in sick on the 17th onwards, even if just a small increase

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

guttenberg wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's been said a few times before on the thread but you should be fine. All preorders should be held for 48 hours before they are offered for general sale.

I only have a fiver down on it in Gamestop. Reckon I'm safe to get it first thing in the morning?#
    Seeing conflicted stuff about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Yes safe for 48 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

weiland79 wrote: »
    My eight step plan

Go see Soungarden in the O2
    Swing by GameStop on my way home
    Go home
    Install Gtav
    Go to bed

Go to work
    Go home
    Play GTAV

I see a fundamental issue between the two bolded steps. If you can execute as planned then you deserve to be Taoiseach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭0llieJonCon

I only have a fiver down on it in Gamestop. Reckon I'm safe to get it first thing in the morning?#
    Seeing conflicted stuff about this.

You only need to have it fully paid off beforehand if you're collecting it at a midnight launch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I see a fundamental issue between the two bolded steps. If you can execute as planned then you deserve to be Taoiseach.

I know where you are coming from but if I sit down and turn it on hours will disappear and I will not function as a human being all day Tuesday. Better to just install then whence I return from work that evening all will be good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Getting this at midnight release, going home and playing for a few hours, think the excitement will keep me awake anyway so might as well play it and get it out of my system :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

when i was preordering Saturday in Gamestop, the girl told me to come in at 9.00pm Monday night to have my receipt stamped (as its already fully paid), and then come back at 12.00 and i can join the express queue to get the game. Anyone else told that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

weiland79 wrote: »
    My eight step plan

Go see Soungarden in the O2
    Swing by GameStop on my way home
    Go home
    Install Gtav
    Go to bed
    Go to work
    Go home
    Play GTAV

This was my plan, but because my last bus is at 11, I've to leave SG early. So I've prre-ordered off gamesnash so it'll be here early tomorrow morning. Least the gig will take my mind off the wait.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fieldog wrote: »
    If anyone can break a street date its HN Swords, probably selling it today....

For Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Not sure what to do tonight. I do like the idea of walking into town at 8.30am tomorrow morning, picking up the game at Gamestop then back home with the tea brewing for 9.30am.

But I also like the idea of picking it up tonight so that I don't even have to go outdoors tomorrow.

Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Sign for liffey street midnight launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Poor start to the morning, got to work and realised the car has a slow puncture so Ive to get it sorted on my lunch break, probably replace both rear tyres setting my back over 200 notes.

Only think that'll keep my cheered up as midnight launch and no work Tuesday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Get into the spirit of things and just steal another car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Sign for liffey street midnight launch.

think they are opening the store at 10, but wont be actually giving the copies out until the 12 o clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Is anyone buying this through the Playstation network store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    For Why?

I have personally bought 2 games there pre-release, Max Payne 3 and Forza before they were due out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Funny enough, all the online gameplay videos have stopped me wanting this game so much. Just as well, won't be getting it till October anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

KTRIC wrote: »
    Is anyone buying this through the Playstation network store ?

Yep, downloaded onto 2 PS3s right now and ready to go for 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The other half went into our Gamestop today asking about when they will be opening the doors tonight and was told it is a good thing she has it paid off and was coming in at midnight as they are suffering from shortages and if everyone came to get their game at midnight they would not have enough copies of the 360 version to go around, so if you have a 360 try and get it tonight for fear of disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,821 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Imagine 600 people queing up for a game at midnight and gamestop announcing not enough copies for everyone, even though they paid off some money for a copy. Riot police will be needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

When is the review embargo up?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,821 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

tok9 wrote: »

I thought it was 12pm but CVG said theirs will be 3pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

tok9 wrote: »

It is actually 3, looked at the wrong timezone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement