Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think I heard the IGN UK people saying 3pm and it was keza macdonald doing the review.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Really enjoying the game so far, the missions/storyline are class. Hope ye all have tomorrow booked off work it's addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Varik wrote: »
    I think I heard the IGN UK people saying 3pm and it was keza macdonald doing the review.

Yeah it is 3, was looking at eastern time, not pacific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Just heard an ad on Newstalk. George Hook is doing a piece about GTA V asking what it's effects will be on our children!!!

Should be interesting if not funny.
    So any crime here on in is going to be GTA V fault.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Not sure what to do tonight. I do like the idea of walking into town at 8.30am tomorrow morning, picking up the game at Gamestop then back home with the tea brewing for 9.30am.

But I also like the idea of picking it up tonight so that I don't even have to go outdoors tomorrow.

Decisions, decisions.

Sod it, I'm going tonight. Yay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wait till you see kids waiting outside Gamestop tonight and offering adults a tenner to go in and get their game as they do not have ID, will be like a Friday night outside the off licence

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Xenji wrote: »
    Wait till you see kids waiting outside Gamestop tonight and offering adults a tenner to go in and get their game as they do not have ID, will be like a Friday night outside the off licence

Or....you see some clever dude going into game stop with about 15 receipts and a pocket full of some teens money. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just heard an ad on Newstalk. George Hook is doing a piece about GTA V asking what it's effects will be on our children!!!

Hook is an absolute c*nt! His opinion on rugby is just as bad as his opinion on everything else! He'd make a great politician waffling on, how will it affect children? Why doesnt he question the parents that buy it for the kids, it has an 18 (adult) rating.

Relations of mine 6/7 year old kids were playing it and I couldnt believe it, their dad wasnt very impressed when he found out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

So any crime here on in is going to be GTA V fault.....[/QUOTE

Sure gawd the parents cant be expected to see the 18's logo on the box nor can they tell their kids to stop wandering around late at night :rolleyes:

Its the parents fault not the game.....its the parents responsibility to check games/films etc out to see if there suitable.

You would not bring your child to see an 18's movie so why buy them an 18's game??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Xenji wrote: »

Class !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

People that have no interest in video games shouldn't be allowed comment on them. He doesn't understand the story element, the experience that they may give. Its like watching a film but you can control how the character acts, or reading a book but being capable of actually viewing the atmosphere and taking the scenery in.

If a player decided to use a prostitute in the back of a car, let her out , run her down and steal back the money, that probably something more to do with the actually person playing. I've actually tried play GTA games without trying to kill innocents, its fairly hard

Before he should comment on it, he should sit down, play the game, find the PROS and CONS of it, otherwise its just his preconceived opinions, which until he plays the game are rather useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

so who will be listening to Hook and possibly phoning in?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,821 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah not George Hook again! Although he's last ranting on games made for a fair funny thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71910483

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Mc Love wrote: »
    so who will be listening to Hook and possibly phoning in?

Not me. I refuse to listen to or partake on discussions led by uninformed clowns who don't understand it's an 18's rated game and children should not be playing it. There's no debate to be had about it, just sensationalist nonsense.

I'm so excited to be heading to Los Santos. I quite like Liberty City, I was playing TBOGT over the weekend and the City still takes my breath away at times. Maybe I'm easily pleased when it comes to graphics (I remember being blown away by Paperboy and then thought things would never get better than Operation Wolf) but I was playing the mission where you go to the top of LC's version of the Empire State Building and the whole City just looks amazing to me.

But I can't wait to get over to the state of San Andreas. I listened to 'All My Exes Live in Texas' earlier to get myself into the mood :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Some of the views are :O.. You won't be disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm so excited to be heading to Los Santos. I quite like Liberty City, I was playing TLATD over the weekend and the City still takes my breath away at times. Maybe I'm easily pleased when it comes to graphics (I remember being blown away by Paperboy and then thought things would never get better than Operation Wolf) but I was playing the mission where you go to the top of LC's version of the Empire State Building and the whole City just looks amazing to me.

But I can't wait to get over to the state of San Andreas. I listened to 'All My Exes Live in Texas' earlier to get myself into the mood :D

The one where you base jump from the top? That was TBOGT! I played that mission yesterday, epic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

My ps3 version is dispatching now from amazon so hopefully have it Wednesday - Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Wonder if Pat had a mental breakdown yet. My order says packing now. An absolute **** storm kicked off in work today so dunno if I can take tomorrow off now. Disaster.

Oh yeah, if anyone hasn't preordered and looking to get it tomorrow, I saw Argos have a shelf setup in Childers Road limerick. I'm sure they will have plenty of copies as long as you head in early.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fieldog wrote: »
    I have personally bought 2 games there pre-release, Max Payne 3 and Forza before they were due out....

Hmm, so a little pressure this evening might do the trick?
    Interesting
    Might nip in and see what happens, they can only say no after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Is anyone who hasn't got it yet, going to read the reviews once they come out this afternoon? Or are you going to hold out for the few remaining hours? :confused::pac::pac:

The only gameplay vid I looked at so far is the golf one....loved it! I'm looking forward to having something new to read but I don't want to learn too much from the review..

Would it be safe reading do you think?

The one where you base jump from the top? That was TBOGT! I played that mission yesterday, epic! :D

Yeah, you're right. Not sure why I was thinking TLATD - I've not played that in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmm, so a little pressure this evening might do the trick?
    Interesting
    Might nip in and see what happens, they can only say no after all.

If you do get good luck post back here!

I'll be in Drogheda all day but I would high-tail it down that M1 like a bullet if Swords sell early....

Just contacted my mate who works in Tesco to see can he get it early....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭listermint

In fairness, Rockstar need Amazon a hell of a lot more than Amazon need Rockstar..

Erm... Well GTA Sells. Their other titles most certainly do need Amazon support, though.

Rockstar are aware of this themselves. Look how bad Max Payne was suffering until they shone the GTA Spotlight onto it.

Rockstar sales most certainly would suffer if Amazon told them to cop on. And Rockstar know that.

Im perplexed how you have come to this conclusion, It is not and never has been Amazon that have driven 'Hype' around any console games that have ever come out. Why do you think this is the case ? realistically if Amazon stopped selling games in the morning do you think this would impact the marketing and route to market of console games?

Because it wouldnt. Amazon wasnt always around and doesnt drive the industry. And gamers will buy there games from whereever they can at the best price they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'd say amazon bought a hell of a lot of copies to be able to sell it at £34.99. Rockstar won't cut them off or GameStop would be selling at 70 thus reducing overall sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ordered off Gamesnash, it has been in 'packing' mode all weekend! It must be some packing they are putting on it. Gettin real anxious...

tumblr_md32lvkRML1rkq886o1_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

Mc Love wrote: »
    Hook is an absolute c*nt! His opinion on rugby is just as bad as his opinion on everything else! He'd make a great politician waffling on, how will it affect children? Why doesnt he question the parents that buy it for the kids, it has an 18 (adult) rating.

Relations of mine 6/7 year old kids were playing it and I couldnt believe it, their dad wasnt very impressed when he found out :D
    its just a game tell him to chill out lets be realistic most of us here if not all of us were playing the original gta at that age and we arn't going around butchering people at the first chance we get

Gamesnash said the 'Packing' is the envelopes/packets stage where they are all labelled with our names/address and tracking numbers applied (if necessary). They are just waiting for the games to be released to them today so they can be put straight in the packet and then straight in the postbox/courier collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

ParcelMotel finally delivered to Dublin. Was just about to ring them and go Steven Seagal on their collective asses. Should be there by the time I get off work :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement