Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Lads if I buy this off this psn store any idea how long it would take to download the 12GB
    Its 16gb and it would depend on your internet

Its 18GB and depends on (a) your internet connection speed and (b) how ever many people are downloading it.

You will also require 36GB free on your PS3 due to the 18GB download and the 18GB install. Once its installed, the download will be deleted and will only take up 18GB of drive space.

Took me 6 hours to download and install on a 30MB line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Lads if I buy this off this psn store any idea how long it would take to download the 12GB

It depends on your Internet, I downloaded the FIFA 14 demo the other day and it took 3 hours for the 1.5GB! It would probably take me 36 hours to download GTA V! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

mutley18 wrote: »
    It depends on your Internet, I downloaded the FIFA 14 demo the other day and it took 3 hours for the 1.5GB! It would probably take me 36 hours to download GTA V! :eek:

God I love not being a culchie and having to endure technologie from 1992:D

weiland79 wrote: »

Dial-up FTW! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

weiland79 wrote: »

No matter what speed your internet is in Ireland your still a culchie compared to the rest of the world :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Xenji wrote: »
    No matter what speed your internet is in Ireland your still a culchie compared to the rest of the world :pac:

I am getting 150mb off UPC :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

So I think my xbox 360 has only 12gb memory on it, but I thought it would have more. So I take it I need a usb stick too?

How can I use that stick and a hdmi cable if I only have one port?

Maybe I'm too old for all this!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,913 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I think 150 Mb speeds arent really that bad tbh. And dont be pulling out Google Fibre as a ridiculous comparison.

Funnily enough when I lived in the backass of nowhere my broadband was very fast, since I moved into town it is up and down like a fecking yo-yo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So I think my xbox 360 has only 12gb memory on it, but I thought it would have more. So I take it I need a usb stick too?

2 ports in the front of the Xbox in the little flap....to the right of the power button....

Assuming you have the older model?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

listermint wrote: »
    I think 150 Mb speeds arent really that bad tbh. And dont be pulling out Google Fibre as a ridiculous comparison.

But Google F......oh wait, it is great and would love it, but not many have it unfortunately, most fibre will only get you just under 50 Mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

:confused:

Ireland ranks 15th globally for average broadband speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

R* recommends not installing the xbox 360 play disc if this wasn't posted already

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

But Google F......oh wait, it is great and would love it, but not many have it unfortunately, most fibre will only get you just under 50 Mb.

It's only available in the US at the moment afaik....

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

mines been downloading since 12 today, so just over 2 and half hours so far and its on 68%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Well as I understand it, the mandatory install for Xbox is 8gb and the further optional instal is 7.5gb so if you were to both then yes it seems you'd need a USB stick but you could get away without it

Also USB and HDMI are different types of port to you can use both at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

R* recommends not installing the xbox 360 play disc if this wasn't posted already

That's me playing 20 minutes earlier than I'd planned anyway :D Cheers man

Fieldog wrote: »
    2 ports in the front of the Xbox in the little flap....to the right of the power button....

Assuming you have the older model?

I have the xbox 360, got it 5 years ago, I'm reading they have a minimum 20gb space, so maybe ill be alright.

Its not the xbox arcade type with only 4gb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

My xbox will sound like a jet engine if i dont install it. At least its immersive when i jump into a jet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 New Build Wexford

great game

• Advertisement

Think I'm figuring it out now, I have a 20gb hard drive but system requirements take up 8gb, so I will need extra space.

I see you can buy a new hard drive and slot it in,
    think ill do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Think I'm figuring it out now, I have a 20gb hard drive but system requirements take up 8gb, so I will need extra space.

I see you can buy a new hard drive and slot it in,
    think ill do that.

Are you sure you can do that? I know you can replace the HDD on the PS3 but I didn't think that you could on the 360...?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,820 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There is an iFruit app on itunes now. Hope the Android version will be released soon, looks class.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/429537/gta-5-ifruit-app-released/

You can customise a car on your phone and have it waiting in a los santos customs next time you play the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

mutley18 wrote: »

Its sky broadband 6mb line. That demo only took 40mins for me tho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anyone's order from Gamenash sent yet? Starting to get worried I won't have it by tomorrow

titan18 wrote: »
    Anyone's order from Gamenash sent yet? Starting to get worried I won't have it by tomorrow

chill they have it in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Pat from Gamesnash has been very quiet the last day or so!! I just need to see him say, "It's been posted" !!

py2006 wrote: »
    Pat from Gamesnash has been very quiet the last day or so!! I just need to see him say, "It's been posted" !!

id imagine youd be quiet to if you were working all weekend up to your neck with the biggest games release in the last 5 years.

hysteria...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

If there's only 8GB taken up by system requirements, are the other 12gb free?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement