Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Pat you bollox. *Nervous laugh*

With the Gamesnash orders does someone have to sign or will the postman just jam it through the letter box. Come on jamming the box (heh) since I won't be there.

The envelopes seen in the link Sheehy posted earlier look as if they may not fit in a letterbox, certainly not in mine. The postman has to bend birthday cards in mine.

But since Im off with a fractured wrist (healed enough for playing xbox) I'll be home to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That was the only bad she said about the game and it got 9/10

I'm all set then, since I don't play GTA for its political or feminist progressiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Right I'm off this until I pick up the game 2nite.......my eye's are killing me and I don't want to see any more pics/vids/spoilers etc. :)

Anyone heading to Mullingar GS 2nite? I'll see ya there homo's :D

Or Homies? Damm never get it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

That was the only bad she said about the game and it got 9/10

2 out of three reviews I have read were by women. Doesn't matter a bit just thought it was interesting. Kezza from IGN and Carolyn from Gamespot. Two of them mentioned a particularly troubling scene in the game taht they felt was way too much. It obviously put Carolyn off quite a bit as the score took a hit.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Cienciano wrote: »
    Pat, any idea when the tracking numbers become active? I want to sit up all nigh on the An Post site hitting F5

Won't go active until very late tonight. We're outside the usual post network and ours only go onto the system when they get checked into the central mail processing centre later tonight.

• Advertisement

The thing about GTA is that it is completely tongue in cheek and takes the piss out of every possible group based on gender, race, religion, nationality, age, profession, political stance, etc. Nobody is safe, and as such it is pointless to be insulted by it.

Sure they give the Irish a rotten time, but they do the same for every other nationality, so I'm not in the slightest bit bothered by it.

That said, if they were going to have three protagonists I'm a little surprised they didn't make one of them female.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Won't go active until very late tonight. We're outside the usual post network and ours only go onto the system when they get checked into the central mail processing centre later tonight.

They'll be delivered tomorrow though, ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

titan18 wrote: »
    They'll be delivered tomorrow though, ya?
    Everyones will except yours. He's one copy short and decided you're the one to miss out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Cienciano wrote: »
    Everyones will except yours. He's one copy short and decided you're the one to miss out :pac:

His last mistake then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thats it, not looking at any more reviews. 2nd one I looked at jumped straight into something Trevor does. CVG has a big 50 minute gameplay demo but not a chance I'm looking at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Why would anyone read reviews today of all days.

They are going to have content in them that you dont want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya, I did a quick scroll and saw 2 different lines where he mentions stuff I would definitely want to experience 1st time in the game. I recommend avoiding the IGN review.

Its because it was done by IGN UK. I dont mind UK accents but the people they have are jsut people that have voice that shouldn't be recorded

threading a thin line of wanting to know about gta v but not wanting to know any details :pac:

Blackout now for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I shouldve kept my GS preorder, Dying to play this asap!

Dominos is going to be busy tonight and tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Haven't read the reviews but did the gs one dock it for being nasty towards women?..... If so that's not really a surprise is it, she does the same with every review.

Also it's gta ffs, political correctness has no right being anywhere near it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was just in Harvey Norman in Swords and they haven't got their delivery in.
    I made an inquiry to make sure my deposit was going to be honoured and they assured me it would be.
    I have some "experience" of managers in a particular store I worked in giving the stuff in most demand to the people they know then making apologies to the people with preorders, hope that won't happen with my collectors edition.
    I won't be able to get to the shop until tomorrow afternoon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Haven't read the reviews but did the gs one dock it for being nasty towards women?..... If so that's not really a surprise is it, she does the same with every review.

Also it's gta ffs, political correctness has no right being anywhere near it!

It's a game about criminals, these are not characters who are sensitive to anyones needs bar their own.
    Plus, how you play the game is a reflection of the player, just because a game facilitates mass murder, like GTA, doesn't mean you have to play it that way unlike, say, Uncharted or Call of Duty which demand that you slaughter every enemy in your path in order to proceed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Just watched the ign video review... holy crap... this looks epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Mine dispatched about two hours ago!

Along with this beautiful collector's edition hardcover copy of the bradygames guide

31rjoffmygL._.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

x43r0 wrote: »
    Mine dispatched about two hours ago!

Along with this beautiful collector's edition hardcover copy of the bradygames guide

31rjoffmygL._.jpg
    Mine was dispatched this morning hopefully it'll come tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Joking of course !!!

All is good lads - dispatch emails will be hitting you later this evening but we're all packed here and waiting for the relevant collections.

Sorry I wasn't around updating earlier - it's been manic here.

Oh jesus my heart sunk into me boxers!

For people who have played this or watched gameplay videos, does it look as good graphically as it did in the promotional videos? Is it as detailed? Is the draw distance as high?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Installed the PS3 theme just there and it won't even let me use that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Was in tesco earlier getting stuff and they have a big shelf of doritos and dip on sale, with packs of monster energy drinks beside em,know your audience :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dispatch email from gamesnash.....boo ya thank you Pat!

Gamesnash Shipped my copy. Thanks Pat!!!! Now a few Hail Mary's for the Posty won't do any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Dear Sean O'Grady,
    Order Number: XXXXXXXXXX
    Detailed Invoice
    Date Ordered: Tuesday 23 July, 2013

Your current order status is:
    Dispatched

CEvgpko.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Hi Sean. Mine also dispatched. Boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 E-Dogg

Dispatched. Nice one Gamesnash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Gamesnash Shipped my copy. Thanks Pat!!!! Now a few Hail Mary's for the Posty won't do any harm.

Same here....delighted :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement