Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

DISPATCHED! YES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Thanks Pat!

Just making some calls to the parents as I wont be answering the phone for the week from tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Same, bring on tomorrow,!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Anyone know if you need the Internet on the PS3 to get the game up and running with the first install ? I've just moved home and haven't the broadband set up so my PS3 hasn't been updated in a few months,

I'm absolutely bricking it that I'll need it and won't get a chance to play it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Few non spoilery review quotes:
    the missions are frequently incredible
    No shortage of the spectacular...
    The attention to detail in GTA V is likely unparalleled in any other video game.

Eeeeeee :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

After the nightmare of my disc drive failing.... My 18gb download for the game from PSN, which took 20 hours, failed to install. Some error about corrupted data.
    Jesus fûcking Christ. The gaming Gods don't want me to play this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,912 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Emoran wrote: »
    Anyone know if you need the Internet on the PS3 to get the game up and running with the first install ? I've just moved home and haven't the broadband set up so my PS3 hasn't been updated in a few months,

I'm absolutely bricking it that I'll need it and won't get a chance to play it!!

Knowing my PS3 and any new game ive bought. There is very little chance of it working on an no updated PS3. Thats one of my gripes with the console.

I think you will need whatever upgrades they have out first before you can play. so make plans for that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

After the nightmare of my disc drive failing.... My 18gb download for the game from PSN, which took 20 hours, failed to install. Some error about corrupted data.

Sorry man, I feel for you and all, but thats just funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Any chance of Gamesnash copies arriving tonight? Is it couriers rather that an Post carrying them?

Any chance of Gamesnash copies arriving tonight? Is it couriers rather that an Post carrying them?

no chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Could this be because you don't have enough space left to install it? Try freeing up some more space and installing again?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

An post.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

For the vast majority it will be tomorrow.

Slim chance those who used parcel motel may get them later tonight but I'd expect tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You need at least 36GB of free space to install the game.

18 for the actual download and 18 for temporary storage while installing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yay, dispatched, now shall hope it's there when I wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 29,820 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not unless you paid for the 'Santa Pat' service where Pat drives around the country all night hand delivering the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭pompeyboi

Got the dispatch E-mail from Gamestop.ie about 30 mins ago.......Will be here tommorow then fo sho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

You need at least 36GB of free space to install the game.

18 for the actual download and 18 for temporary storage while installing

Yeah, I had to free up space. When I first started the download it told me I hadn't enough free space.
    It seems the download itself corrupted. I'm redownloading now as we speak. I'm on the verge of a severe mental breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah, I had to free up space. When I first started the download it told me I hadn't enough free space.
    It seems the download itself corrupted. I'm redownloading now as we speak. I'm on the verge of a severe mental breakdown.

That's why I'll stick with physical copies of games for as long as I have to

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

For the vast majority it will be tomorrow.

Slim chance those who used parcel motel may get them later tonight but I'd expect tomorrow.

My parcel motel tells me the game was delivered to their depot at 6.30pm Saturday night (and it's still there).

Is this possible if Gamesnash didn't dispatch the game until a few hours ago?

There was no pic of the package though, like there usually is...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

IGN's Video Review

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

really annoyed with gamestop now tbh. 65 euro for the standard edition. 75 euro for the special edition and tesco are 49.99 for the standard... absolute rip off on gamestops part imo

R_overs1 wrote: »
    My parcel motel tells me the game was delivered to their depot at 6.30pm Saturday night (and it's still there).

Is this possible if Gamesnash didn't dispatch the game until a few hours ago?

There was no pic of the package though, like there usually is...

Its not a game in your parcel motel then.

Gamesnash only got their copies today.

Go see what else you ordered. no one here can do that for you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still no email from amazon :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

listermint wrote: »
    Go see what else you ordered. no one here can do that for you.

Didn't order anything else bar GTA from Gamesnash, so this was why I was wondering why a parcel was present on my page.

Cheers for the attempt at the smart answer anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

really annoyed with gamestop now tbh. 65 euro for the standard edition. 75 euro for the special edition and tesco are 49.99 for the standard... absolute rip off on gamestops part imo

That's why I wouldn't buy off any of these places, pure cheek having it so high priced. Also same with Xtra Vision, a place that is close to go bang and they are selling it for 60 online I think.

So I went and bought it on amazon instead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

16 Sep 2013 11:03 Dublin

ParcelMotel. Sort it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

That's why I wouldn't buy off any of these places, pure cheek having it so high priced. Also same with Xtra Vision, a place that is close to go bang and they are selling it for 60 online I think.

So I went and bought it on amazon instead
    defo gamestop can piss off now i feel ****ing violated seeing their scummy prices

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I wouldn't give them my custom, and I worked there when it was Gamesworld back in the day...

I'm getting it in Tesco, I think its actually 55, but still - GameStop are thieves....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

defo gamestop can piss off now i feel ****ing violated seeing their scummy prices

This is why I have never, ever bought anything there. Since the day they opened in Ireland they have been more expensive than every other retailer.

I understand that a retail store can't compete with online outlets, and that's fine, but these guys take the biscuit.

How they are still in business yet Game and HMV went bust is beyond me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement