Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Same as myself. I don't think I can justify driving into town just to pick it up. Most likely wouldn't even play it when I got home.

Still though, I want to have it in my hand asap!

How long of a drive do you have?
    How could ya possibly have it in hand and most likely not play it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

THE EXCITEMENT!!! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

SV wrote: »
    How long of a drive do you have?
    How could ya possibly have it in hand and most likely not play it :eek:

20 minute drive into Dundalk. Have to work for a few hours in the morning and already tired due to flu. If I got it tonight I more than likely would stick it on just for a 'minute'

Obviously though I'd end up playing it all night and be fcuked in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

20 minute drive into Dundalk. Have to work for a few hours in the morning and already tired due to flu. If I got it tonight I more than likely would stick it on just for a 'minute'

I'm off to Drogheda from Balbriggan since only GameStop is open in Millfield....

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

What, there are ques already!?!?!? That's madness :pac:
    Like fair enough after 10pm, ok I wouldnt do it myself, but i'd get it. But queing up when the store is still on working day hours? ... lol.

Game is available in tesco clarewater in finglas now

• Advertisement

TheBoss11 wrote: »

Just the dummy boxes though....

Did you pick one up?

Pics or gtfo.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

a fried wants me to order a copy online for him, anyone know any irish sites with copys left that would be here before friday

Fieldog wrote: »
    Just the dummy boxes though....

Did you pick one up?

Pics or gtfo.... :)

No mate the real game my brother just picked it up for €65 I was there with him, raging I pre booked in GameStop

No mate the real game my brother just picked it up for €65 I was there with him, raging I pre booked in GameStop

Its 55 in Tesco though...

I want pics godamnit, and a receipt... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

funny cos Tesco aren't charging 65 for it, so pics or I call bull

• Advertisement

He just paid €65 mate I was there. I'm hardly going to lie its only a game here's his Facebook picture he uploaded mate I'm not with him now because I came home to watch the match but I promise mate it's in tesco

He just paid €65 mate I was there. I'm hardly going to lie its only a game here's his Facebook picture he uploaded mate I'm not with him now because I came home to watch the match but I promise mate it's in tesco

Aghh,

I'd nearly jump in the car and fly over, he must have a mate working there or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Aghh,

I'd nearly jump in the car and fly over, he must have a mate working there or something?

I'm very tempted to do the same...

You go first then you can tell me if he's lying or not :D

Aghh,

No mate I dropped him up he wanted a bit of shopping and we seen the game, I was over with him
    Playing it for a bit but I'd rather watch the liverpool match :-) but €65 in clarewater there was a good amount on the stands too mate

I just called Tesco in Clearwater and they said they're not selling it until midnight. Stores are open until 1am to accommodate it

Maybe they sold it to the guy by accident though?

I'm very tempted to do the same...

You go first then you can tell me if he's lying or not :D

I'm in Balbriggan - you go....

Weird the way its 65 though, Clearwater making a killing, lol

I just called Tesco in Clearwater and they said they're not selling it until midnight.

Maybe they sold it to the guy by accident though?

No mate doubt it was by accident they wore on the stands

No mate doubt it was by accident they wore on the stands

hmm.. I have heard of Tesco selling games early before so it wouldn't surprise me, but the girl on the phone made it quite clear that they're not selling until midnight. Maybe that's just what they're telling people to cover their asses!

I MIGHT be able to get my hands on one early if any of you want to buy one? MIGHT! Be able to

hmm.. I have heard of Tesco selling games early before so it wouldn't surprise me, but the girl on the phone made it quite clear that they're not selling until midnight. Maybe that's just what they're telling people to cover their asses!

Probably mate but I wouldn't make you drive out to get one if it wasn't there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

At this stage i'm willing to wait a few hours to get it in GameStop, ya know since its fully paid off :pac:

Kenno90 wrote: »
    At this stage i'm willing to wait a few hours to get it in GameStop, ya know since its fully paid off :pac:

Same with me iv my GameStop one paid off otherwise I'd have got it tonight

have to figure the 25-30 minute install in as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Apparently for xbox users its recommended not to install the play disc (disc 2) because its faster to load textures from 2 areas as opposed to having it all load from the hard drive.

Not sure if I'll be following that recommendation though, the Xbox is a bit too loud otherwise.

EDIT : Didnt see the other thread on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

krudler wrote: »
    have to figure the 25-30 minute install in as well

Its 15 on a ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Its 15 on a ps3

PS3 FTW :D

Runs Away :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I've just been up in Tesco Artane and got a friend to ring over to Clearwater where his mate works after seeing this, in the hope that I'd get a copy.

He said it's absolute bull. First of all the game's 55, and they haven't put any dummy boxes or anything on the shelves, the display stand is just empty.

Your mate's just fobbing you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

right just started the download now on the ps3 18Gb if its done before 12 ill be happy :D

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Its 15 on a ps3

Excellent, enough time to gorge myself on doritos and pepsi and smell the manual.

• Advertisement

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    I've just been up in Tesco Artane and got a friend to ring over to Clearwater where his mate works after seeing this, in the hope that I'd get a copy.

He said it's absolute bull. First of all the game's 55, and they haven't put any dummy boxes or anything on the shelves, the display stand is just empty.

Your mate's just fobbing you off.

I was there when he got it mate it could of been €55 in fairness but I'm pretty sure it was €65 mate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement