Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Picking mine up tomorrow. Will be staying away from the internet until I have finished the story.
    See ye on the other side lads it's been emotional. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭pompeyboi

Well I'd like to say a big thanks to everyone on here and everyone who's worked so hard behind the scenes and of course Rockstar themselves. Its been some journey with u guys but now It's here...what we've all been waiting for.....Grand theft auto 5 is out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 E-Dogg

I saw a vid of the Q in Blanch SC. It's massive.

I'd link the vid, but it was uploaded straight to a friend's FB. I'm sure it, and more, will make the rounds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Very well done by Gamestop I have to say, I was about 50 back from tge front of the queue but once they started giving out copies of the game I was only waiting about 3 mins!

Now off to deprive myself of a few hours sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

E-Dogg wrote: »
    I saw a vid of the Q in Blanch SC. It's massive.

I'd link the vid, but it was uploaded straight to a friend's FB. I'm sure it, and more, will make the rounds though.

I reckon I saw the same video! I got out of the cinema at 11:40 drove around to the green car park and drove straight back out 60-70+ cars there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Henry street Dublin an hour ago scroll to the right ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

God Bless Gamestop for their efficiency at quarter to twelve. Nite. Im about to jump out of a blimp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    where? thats a good deal :)

Oz from a crack whore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Installing now, PS3 Special Version, I'm Happy :D

The Queue was still big when i left 10 mins ago.

The stamp queue stopped moving from 12 on wards to make way for the guys who had it stamped, seen loads trying to chance their arm by skipping and trying their luck, they were sent packing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Waiting for the postman tomorrow is going to be tough.

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    Waiting for the postman tomorrow is going to be tough.

I feel ya bro, I feel ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Just after getting it that was someone quene in Henry Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Well guys, I got the game at about 3 minutes past midnight and have got it home. Guess what? The PS3 won't play it, heartbroken to say the least.
    Can't afford a PS3 for another good few weeks so this is pretty much it.

Honestly just feel like crying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

So jealous.

I had better get a copy tomorrow at lunch time. I can't wait any longer.

SV wrote: »
    Well guys, I got the game at about 3 minutes past midnight and have got it home. Guess what? The PS3 won't play it, heartbroken to say the least.

Feel sorry for u man, just cash it back in 2moro if there really is no way of playing...get ur money back atleast :(

That Q was something else, the GS guys said it was the biggest they've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

My atomic blimp code invalid sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 E-Dogg

Is it just not reading the disc, or not installing, or crashing post installation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Ok so I just picked up the game in GameStop, home now installing and just looked at the receipt and shouldn't it be stamped collected? He basically handed me back the exact same receipt, do they scan them or what? I thought they would stamp it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

mutley18 wrote: »
    Ok so I just picked up the game in GameStop, home now installing and just looked at the receipt and shouldn't it be stamped collected? He basically handed me back the exact same receipt, do they scan them or what? I thought they would stamp it ??

Ya they should have its just to make things easier on the night, in the system is will still be marked as collected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

mutley18 wrote: »

In Mullingar they were all stamped and you were not even allowed in the store for collection if your receipt was not stamped!

Dude.....

Sorry to hear that man, i tested mine today just to be sure.

E-Dogg wrote: »
    Is it just not reading the disc, or not installing, or crashing post installation?

Blank screen when I go to select the game. Nothing else, just a blank screen.
    Have restored PS3 to factory settings twice and nothing. It's reading the disc as it says GTA V before picking it..but when I pick it I just get a blank screen.

I'm just going to bed...I hope everyone enjoys it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭LifeSaabItch

Have restored PS3 to factory settings twice and nothing. It's reading the disc as it says GTA V before picking it..but when I pick it I just get a blank screen.

Tried another game in it?

Possibly a dodgy disc?

Tried another game in it?

Possibly a dodgy disc?

Other games have been working fine. Well, not all games..some didn't work. TBOGT did, RDR wouldn't for some reason. It's the Playstation, I'm pretty sure of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Sorry to hear that SV. :(

Anyone who has the game have it on a fat ps3? Did it install for you guys? Just wondering because I'm thinking of picking it up at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

This is going to be the single longest night of my life! Everyone putting pictures of their game up on facebook, its killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

I didn't pre-order, but waited outside Xtravision at midnight and got a copy. Installing right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Almost Installed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The game is two discs, so 16GB of data. I reckon the "mandatory install" is 8GB just like Forza 4, so game assets/music etc load faster. The downside is you're playing from a disc, and the Xbox 360 noise/disc wear is a factor. I'd go with budgeting 16GB, install the first disc like you would a regular game and then let the game perform the mandatory install from disc 2; whisperquiet gaming, fast load times etc

For anybody who has the game now don't install the play disc (Disc 2) onto the Xbox 360 hard drive. If you don't want to play it from the DVD then just install it to a USB stick and play from that. There are issues with textures being slow to load/popping in when the game data from Disc 1 and Disc 2 is on the same device.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement