Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

K.C wrote: »
    Try your tracking number on the an post website. I tracked mine there. Perfect Gta weather, now just the wait for the postman.

Postman was just at my house, seen a nice looking packet he was holding, strolling into the garden that would perfectly house a game in its packaging, ended up being the fecking referendum booklet. :(

I didn't expect it to be delivered by the postman, but sure it was worth a shot just to make sure anyway.

Just finished playing there since I got the game at the midnight launch. This is without a shadow of doubt the greatest game ever made and I have only just scratched the surface.

Please don't mention anything about the first missions or anything, already seen people do that in "no spoiler" threads. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Oh actually, it probably depends on what shipping you chose, did you choose express? That's probably why mine has a tracking number and yours doesn't if that's the case.

Nope I chose express and the an post tracking just told me
    It's on it way to my address in dublin 7. And I'm stuck working up in sallygap till 8 tonight.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

14murphy wrote: »
    So does anyone know if the gamesnash will use an post or night line to send out pre ordered games ?

Mixture of the two. We had to spread the load out. All signed for orders will be with Nightline though.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Mixture of the two. We had to spread the load out. All signed for orders will be with Nightline though.

I chose express unsigned so it should come with the post this morning. Right ? RIIIIIGHT ? Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Please don't mention anything about the first missions or anything, already seen people do that in "no spoiler" threads. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would never do that. I read a massive spoiler. Not sure if it was true but luckily I have completely forgotten what it was now.

One thing I will say and this is no way spoilerish, but one of the first big missions you do is better than any of the main missions you do towards the end of the previous GTA's.

cfM5YSj.png

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't live very far from their Dublin depot so I hope I'm on the outward journey and not the return.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Just a warning for anyone that looks under 18, Xtravision were asking chung-fella's for ID

So if in doubt bunk beside an older guy and play the younger brother

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Well there she is and I'm stuck in work till six, and then the father in law is coming over for his dinner.
    Oh cruel gods why do you mock me?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

weiland79 wrote: »
    Well there she is and I'm stuck in work till six, and then the father in law is coming over for his dinner.

I say the father in law is saying the exact same thing :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

14murphy wrote: »
    And I'm stuck working up in sallygap till 8 tonight.
    I bet you are! ;-)

I would never do that. I read a massive spoiler. Not sure if it was true but luckily I have completely forgotten what it was now.

One thing I will say and this is no way spoilerish, but one of the first big missions you do is better than any of the main missions you do towards the end of the previous GTA's.

Cheers! How do you find the general movement of the characters? Like GTA IV? One small niggle I had with that game was that doing everything with Niko felt really slow (probably for "realism") compared to older GTA games.

Should probably load the PS3 up and get the mandatory install done now anyway, if you have the time of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

If gamesnash batch espress delivery is courier not An Post and im in Dublin city.....I won't get it until this evening?
    Have swim lessons tonight, will be hard to peel myself away. Im scared to go out for groceries too ahhhhhh

Should probably load the PS3 up and get the mandatory install done now anyway, if you have the time of course.

That's the plan.

And smell the manual

Unrelated to GTA V question but a question anyway, have you sold all Xbox One's out on your website or have you even put them up yet? Have one preordered on Gamestop, but I'm probably going to cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Ive to go out for dinner after work with the inlaws :( talk about timing!

Weird things are happening today.

ust got a dodgy scam e-mail from a @yahoo.com e-mail address claiming to be USPS telling me: "Our company` s courier cann` t make the delivery of parcel." [sic] because of "wrong postal code" then telling me to print the "attachment" for more details. Also charging $9.99 every day "I" don't collect it.

Weirdest thing of all is that I checked the send recipients and none of my email addresses are listed making me wonder how it even got to my inbox. Though, they are getting more creative as the days go on those scammers.

E-mails like this aren't very nice, especially on days like this. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

How do you get the blimp.I can call it but it never comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Got my copy in Gamestop this morning!! :pac::pac:

.....and now begins the longest working day in the history of the world..:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

nice some spoilers towards the end of the thread :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Haha genius to send a scam courier email today! Some of the queues around the country looked mental. Sickend seeing people on FB getting trophies in this. Cmon postman. God bless the ability to work from home.

nice some spoilers towards the end of the thread :confused:

Exactly. I don't mind little things like new planes or anything, but when these muppets are just sharing the start of the game etc. just because they already have it (and must assume everyone else does) it just gets out of hand. I do not even want the smallest most inane parts of the game storyline spoilt, whether it be the beginning, middle or end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

My xbox wont let the thing install after 800mb goes by...it keeps restarting. May have a GTAV for sale soon

Ok took out the harddrive and put it back. So far so good.

Here we go tubridy is doing a piece on 2fm

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tubridy talking about GTA V now. 'the game where you steal cars and murder prostitutes....because that's the craic' haha He has a guy on who was at a midnight launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Got it installed and that, then went to bed. No point playing at 3am and I had to be up at 6 :D

I live about 15 minutes away from the nightline depot, it was scanned onto the van at 08:01:19, I wonder why it's not here yet. Wish I had've just drove over and tried to collect it there. Couriers are usually around here (haven't dealt with Nightline yet though) at 1030-1400 in past experiences, so I hope it's no later than that at least.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Tubridy talking about GTA V now. 'the game where you steal cars and murder prostitutes....because that's the craic' haha He has a guy on who was at a midnight launch.

Comparing GTA to "Warlocks and Wizards". :eek:

• Advertisement

Actually I haven't found tubs piece to annoying. He's just letting your man talk and is now saying he might give it a go. Fair enough

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement