Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kudros

Queued at 11.30 last night, large queue in front of me, but fair play to gamestop once 12 pm hit it moved along v quickly, and was home and installing it at 25 past 12. Only played about 40mins or so, but loved what I did play, lighting was beautiful and viewing the city at night was deadly!

Can't wait to get home from work and play this for most of the night. I think I'm just gonna drive around and explore for a while first then do some of the missions. What are ye looking forward to doing??

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Mar Mar Marmalade

Finally got it from the Post man and I'm installing it now. Bit sad to delete some of my old game memory that I've spent so much time on but hey.. it's GTA. Case is nice and metal ;).

Oh! it's finished installing! The tension!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

weiland79 wrote: »
    Actually I haven't found tubs piece to annoying. He's just letting your man talk and is now saying he might give it a go. Fair enough

Yeah, fairplay when he said he will give it a go and see for himself. Would probably be a funny video as well like Conan does when he tries games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I DON'T WANNA GO TO WORK :'(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Still waiting for my email from Gamestop to say that its dispatched (purchased it as a guest!). Cant wait to play it. 52" TV sitting at the very end of the bed. I dont even need to get up to play it! Anyone got a spare bed pan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Carroller wrote: »
    I DON'T WANNA GO TO WORK :'(

I'm just not going to get any work done today

I'm writing bare minimum on the notice board as week speak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Cheers! How do you find the general movement of the characters? Like GTA IV? One small niggle I had with that game was that doing everything with Niko felt really slow (probably for "realism") compared to older GTA games.

The movement of the characters is fantastic in every aspect, from melee fighting to just walking/running, and even when you get hit by a car.

I was slightly put off by the driving at the start. I was even quite worried thinking "oh no, I'm not going to like this at all". Its very different to IV, but after a while I started to love it.

One thing I will say, the cops don't fuck around.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Just checked my tracking number from Gamesnash - says its delivered except I have no copy of the game... Wtf?

Everyone should have today off of work to play this game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Think I may the right choice by not going to the midnight launch. Got to Gamestop at 8.30am this morning, bowled straight up to the counter and got my copy. No hassle. Walk back via Tesco to gt an oven pizza, now I've had a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich as it was installing and we're ready to go.

It has been emotional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

this is a good deal if your looking to get a console aswell (ps3 super slim, GTA 5, The last of us €249.99)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1395491/Trail/searchtext%3EGRAND+THEFT+AUTO.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Think I may the right choice by not going to the midnight launch. Got to Gamestop at 8.30am this morning, bowled straight up to the counter and got my copy. No hassle. Walk back via Tesco to gt an oven pizza, now I've had a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich as it was installing and we're ready to go.

It has been emotional.

That sounds so awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Looks like work might be called off today due to the rain. Back to GTA for me.

For those who have just got their copy, welcome to the party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Still waiting on the postman. This rain better not hold them back!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

How big is the file for install?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

*Looks at clock*

Come on 6pm, come on...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

How big is the file for install?

8.4GB on PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Postman seems slower than usual. I'm sure if he had my credit card bill he would have been at my door first thing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭listermint

feylya wrote: »
    Just checked my tracking number from Gamesnash - says its delivered except I have no copy of the game... Wtf?

Might be in the depo ? did the delivery guy leave one of those sly pick it up at the depo notes for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Installed pretty quickly last night for me on the Xbox, Spent an hour just driving around unlocking the map, graphics are fantastic, the detail is amazing, can't wait to get a proper go tonight :D

• Advertisement

Dave 101 wrote: »
    this is a good deal if your looking to get a console aswell (ps3 super slim, GTA 5, The last of us €249.99)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1395491/Trail/searchtext%3EGRAND+THEFT+AUTO.htm

Don't see anything about The Last of us in that link

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

Took feck all tim to install!!!

Played the first mission so far

So far everything is defo improved but my only gripe atm is the accelerate button is changed(ps3)......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

The disc is sitting right in front of me....but I'm at work. Have been looking at the map - I already know I won't be doing any missions for the first several hours of gameplay!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Picked up a copy at the midnight launch last night with a bit of a que but no real hassle.Installed it,got through the intro mission,saved at the safehouse and just hopped into the Buffalo and drove and drove.Amazing looking city and vehicles.Bit too bright,shiny and colourful so far for me but i blame the dark colours of GTA IV for that.I pretty sure i'm the only one to see the tractors back!Anyone else think the cars drive a bit like in Midnight Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Kudros wrote: »
    Don't see anything about The Last of us in that link

click on the special offer link

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

listermint wrote: »
    Might be in the depo ? did the delivery guy leave one of those sly pick it up at the depo notes for you?

I think they marked them all as delivered when they left the local depot. It's installing now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Generally speaking, is it best to start the missions straight away or just drive around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I thought I was doing the Right thing going to GameStop for 8:30 home for 9 then get an hour and a half before I shoot off to work for 11 but I'm just craving more!!!!

I've two weeks off starting Saturday and it can't come quick enough :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Still no sign of mine, the normal postman has already been and gone from the job. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Just walked into my local Tesco and got a copy for €54.99, no queues, no fuss no pre order. The down side is I've a hospital appointment now, the games waiting for me in the car and I've no ****ing idea how long I'll be here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement