Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Casey78 wrote: »
    Do you guys mind me asking what the age profile is on this thread?
    I'm 34 and I'm really looking forward to playing this. My wife thinks I need to grow up :)

I told my wife to leave the room :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm 34 and I'm really looking forward to playing this. My wife thinks I need to grow up :)

Tell her to grow up next time she watches TV or a movie, or opens a book. How can you be too old to be entertained?

I'm pushing 28 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I'm 32 and the boss in my house and I have my wife's permission to say so ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Tell her to get in the kitchen and make some sambos before she gets a tumblr_lkaw9jaRfz1qbf7pgo1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

So I am trying to decide (while I am in work....working) what will I have to eat while I play at least 8 hours of this later.

I was thinking of doritos and dips and coke but then I am thinking I don't want my hands all sticky when I want to drop the doritos and grab the controller again.

So now I am thinking a big feck off to hell pizza and a few cold ones!

Any suggstions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

x43r0 wrote: »
    My amazon tracking says delivered at 10.45 this morning

Have tomorrow off work now to burn myself out on it :D

Yeah my Amazon status says "Dispatching now" since the time I checked early this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Im planning to download it tonight as i cant be dealing with disks anymore. Stuck me head in HMV anyway and saw that its on €59 for the disk whereas dl'ing it will cost €69. How can it be more expensive when there's no media creation, shipping, packaging and all the rest............madness. If only i wasn't such a lazy bollix.

minotour wrote: »
    Im planning to download it tonight as i cant be dealing with disks anymore. Stuck me head in HMV anyway and saw that its on €59 for the disk whereas dl'ing it will cost €69. How can it be more expensive when there's no media creation, shipping, packaging and all the rest............madness. If only i wasn't such a lazy bollix.

If you were lazy you would not have gone to the store. I think there is another word for what you did and are but I am too nice to say! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Postman pushed my Gamesnash order through the door 5 minutes before I was due to leave for work.

I was late for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Postman pushed my Gamesnash order through the door 5 minutes before I was due to leave for work.

I was late for work.

How late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I was late for work.

You can't be late if you didn't show up.
    Got a text from my sister informing me that I got a package in the post. Now just have to wait until Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

What are the opening times of some of the places? Trying to do a mission but the place is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Do you reckon the GTA5 forum broke Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Do you reckon the GTA5 forum broke Boards?

Outage from Digiweb!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Outage from Digiweb!

Was wondering ... lol

Anyway, the missions in this game are in a league of their own, they are honestly much better than previous GTAs. Fun/Amazing stuff happens very frequently

One of the first missions with Micheal. **EARLY STORY SPOILER**
    Involving the boat where Franklin jumps onto the boat and you have to maneuver the car to catch your son, was brilliant :pac: Plus running over the guys that Franklin throws off the boat was the icing on the cake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

just walked into smyths in galway there an hour ago. still had ps3 copys so brought one :D

i thought the blip was for people who preordered? my game came with a blip code :D

just walked into smyths in galway there an hour ago. still had ps3 copys so brought one :D

i thought the blip was for people who preordered? my game came with a blip code :D

I think all first wave copies come with the code.

Still wandering what my GTAV munchies will be later...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭listermint

py2006 wrote: »

Air

who needs food,

What do people think of the driving, i find it much easier to control, Cars stick to the ground more ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭moesyzlak

py2006 wrote: »

Jumbo peanuts from SuperValu/superquinn. Also superquinn have Chicago town pizzas on offer. The large ones not the crappy mini ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Kenno90 wrote: »
    What do people think of the driving, i find it much easier to control, Cars stick to the ground more ?

It's easy to get the hang of, but the downside is I'll get bored of it much sooner. With so much road to cover, I'd like a bit more challenge in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

My house mate just told me its at home :D

Now to sneak off work a half an hour early.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

moesyzlak wrote: »
    Jumbo peanuts from SuperValu/superquinn. Also superquinn have Chicago town pizzas on offer. The large ones not the crappy mini ones.

Salt and Vinegar KP nuts are my new crack cocaine.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

I suspect Nightline have less drivers but the same amount of packages to get out, probably that's why the delay. But as I've already said, I'm about 10 minute drive away from their depot so I'm going to assume I'll be the last to get it. :o

Guys can someone help me with Nightline, anyone who has received their game.

What does the "pending" status mean? what status comes first? Are they guaranteed to deliver it on the day specified? At what time do they stop delivering?

Oh and where is there depot if I had to collect it myself?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Got mine at around 14:30 this afternoon. Was trying hard not to be too happy when the delivery guy knocked on the door.

Dunno how long the game took to install as I was busy explaining operating systems to my SO in the most simplistic terms ever, could've installed 20 GTA V's in that timeframe. :pac:

Played a bit so far, have been impressed but every single thing except the
    driving. It seems far too easy, and the the control you have over the car whilst mid-air just feels too fake. Love the random sirens as well (going off as I type this.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Jamez735 wrote: »

What does the "pending" status mean? what status comes first? Are they guaranteed to deliver it on the day specified? At what time do they stop delivering?

Oh and where is there depot if I had to collect it myself?

Thanks,

My order said pending yesterday, received the game today. Google the depot and you'll find the closest one to you. The day specified is usually the day the received it, and it'll be in the van the next morning. When it is dispatched by the driver en route to deliver it to you, it will have a "In Van" status.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hatchet

Jamez735 wrote: »

If the tracking status on the Night-Line website still says "pending", you'd have to assume that they havent collected the game yet.

For example mine went from "pending" on Monday, to "Hub In" last night, to "Inbound" and then "On Van" this morning.

I still havent received mine yet and I'm in the city centre...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Get some Ben & Jerry's, Pringles & some coffee

Perfect for a night in gaming :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

My order said pending yesterday, received the game today. Google the depot and you'll find the closest one to you. The day specified is usually the day the received it, and it'll be in the van the next morning. When it is dispatched by the driver en route to deliver it to you, it will have a "In Van" status.

Ah right, well I only got the tracking number today because I asked game for it, but I think they sent it to them before that. So hopefully I'll get it later if I'm lucky!..if not then definitely tomorrow, which isn't too bad, especially considering the sh*t some of you had to put up with GameStop!

Do you know what time they stop delivering at no?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement