Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Did you not see the shít CJ is doing? Flying a jetpack at the ceiling, throwing his cards away while brandishing a pistol, lumping the head off some lad in a club and finally highjacking and pistol whipping somebody. If none of them are over the top i don't know what is...

He's not the only black guy in the pictures.
    It was said it was the black guys causing all the trouble but it's only CJ
    CJ was always an over the top psycho, that's his character, which doesn't have anything to do with his skin colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'm sure CM was being light hearted man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

CJ was always an over the top psycho, that's his character, which doesn't have anything to do with his skin colour.

Indeed. Its like Tommy; He is the quintessential "do i look like i give a fcuk?" manner of a man. Look at him! Lads are pulling guns all around him and he doesnt even raise an eyebrow, but theres rosenberg freaking his shít. It captures them all well.
    But he was seriously laid back. Which made vice city that little bit more interesting too. But thats for another topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I'm sure CM was being light hearted man.

I know but trying to be PC in a Grand Theft Auto forum was a challenge I couldn't pass up. Anyway I've derailed this thread long enough.

I just want GTA to be released already, or at least some new information.
    Proper info, not guesses or speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

In relation to a release date, its looking increasingly like a 2013 release unfortunately:
    Recently Rockstar revealed that Max Payne 3 DLC is set to extend all the way to the end of this year. Obviously Rockstar would like to sell as much DLC as possible so they probably wouldn't want GTA V stepping on it all. This puts the game into 2013.

A few months ago the ESRB rated Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City for the PlayStation 3. Rockstar has yet to say anything about this. The 10 Year Anniversary of Vice City is later this year so they will likely be busy with that and the re-release on current consoles would be icing on the cake. As such, Fall 2012 seems less likely for GTA V. It can also be noted that the San Andreas 10 Year Anniversary will be in 2014. This leaves 2013 without major Grand Theft Auto news.

Source: http://www.igta5.com/

Does anyone really care about 10 year anniversary titles?

Surely they can't take up too much of Rockstar's time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

With regards the 10th Anniversary craic, the thing that would interest me most about such a thing – and a PSN release in particular – is the ability to play Vice City and San Andreas on the PS Vita anywhere you want, I just think that would be sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Nailz wrote: »
    With regards the 10th Anniversary craic, the thing that would interest me most about such a thing – and a PSN release in particular – is the ability to play Vice City and San Andreas on the PS Vita anywhere you want, I just think that would be sweet.

I would buy the Vita purely for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Playing SA on the Xbox 360 again. What a soundtrack. Radio Los Santos is unreal. Would love of they released VC onthe Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Blue Bitch

gtav.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm so gonna cycle down that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

aaronh007 wrote: »

You have to get up it first! :p

Hope you can bring annoying friends out there and just leave them there and they don't come back :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

If it was possible to go up those mountains then I wouldn't expect this game to be out till sometime in 2013 :pac:

Them mountains are some skyrim shít, you wont be able to go up them, i reckon they're just a backdrop.

I reckon you'll be able to go some of the way, but not all the way. Once you reach a certain point it'll not let you go any further. Too steep to climb and too high to fly over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I reckon you'll be able to go some of the way, but not all the way. Once you reach a certain point it'll not let you go any further. Too steep to climb and too high to fly over.

Don't ever work for square Enix!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

It's not like Rockstar to put any landscape feature into GTA without the player being able to explore them. They haven't done it since GTA3 anyway.
    If they weren't able to make those mountains climbable they wouldn't put them in the game I'd say.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Like RDR?

Since they are only including one city, I would be dissapointed if they are including places we cannot fully explore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kaffir Boetie

In GTAIII I never Mastered the dodo, well other than getting it off the ground for a few seconds. But for anyone that did, please tell me this: remember that place in the extreme north west of the map (past the reservoir) where you drove on the grass but got to a point that you couldn't go past. It was too steep to walk or drive up but what happened if you flew the dodo over it?

Hope there wont be a big invisible wall at the new mount chilliad anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What if that mountain was accessible? fly to the top, walk, whatever.
    But behind it was a mountain just a little bigger that looked pretty much the same which was pretty much wall like in its steepness?
    I wouldnt mind that so much. As long as R* introduce an area like that one in the pic i wont mind not being able to scale that one particular peak.

CMpunked wrote: »
    What if that mountain was accessible? fly to the top, walk, whatever.
    But behind it was a mountain just a little bigger that looked pretty much the same which was pretty much wall like in its steepness?
    I wouldnt mind that so much. As long as R* introduce an area like that one in the pic i wont mind not being able to scale that one particular peak.

Yes, but it's the point of being 'boxed in'. They've never done that before so hopefully they wont start. Infinite ocean would be better.

I wonder is this stuff they've said when they released the video just marketing speak or does it actually mean anything. Stuff like "Bold new direction" what could this mean? Is it just empty words made up by someone in the rockstar PR department to go with the release of the trailer? Because if not, then surely this would have to mean that we're going to see totally new stuff in the game that we've not seen in IV or any other game. Or maybe "new direction" doesnt necessarily relate to the map / location but to a new type of story or multiple charachters....who knows, just my thoughts anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm really interested to see how they're going to manage the way you unlock the map. LS was one big city, so there'd be no real reason for it to be cordoned off...

And can they really do infinite ocean when we know that SF and LV used to be within swimming distance in GTASA...

TBH, I want some decent interiors in this game. IV's were OK, but nothing too spectacular really. I want more nightclubs, maybe a seedy bar, a shopping mall, hotels, a cinema... etc etc.

And can they really do infinite ocean when we know that SF and LV used to be within swimming distance in GTASA...

This won't matter, or have any impact because of the different 'universes'. San Andreas in GTASA was a made up state, exactly the way Liberty City in GTAIII was a made up city but Liberty City in IV was more or less New York. Same thing will happen with V - an accurate southern california rather than a mish mash of states. So probably Los Santos will be similar to real life Los Angeles with mountains to the north where Las Venturas would have been in GTASA, and desert to the east, maybe a smaller city based on san diego as well

In GTAIII I never Mastered the dodo, well other than getting it off the ground for a few seconds. But for anyone that did, please tell me this: remember that place in the extreme north west of the map (past the reservoir) where you drove on the grass but got to a point that you couldn't go past. It was too steep to walk or drive up but what happened if you flew the dodo over it?

Hope there wont be a big invisible wall at the new mount chilliad anyway...

Not a lot. You could fly but if you went too high or low, you crashed and died. The ground isn't solid so you can't land. A couple of the developers names come up on the radar thingy and you can see the bank from the cut scene at the beginning. That's it. I never got up to it myself, but that's the best I've heard that's up there, everything else is just grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Will they be able to fit the entire game onto a blue ray disc ? Didn't they have trouble with LA Noire in terms of size ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Will they be able to fit the entire game onto a blue ray disc ? Didn't they have trouble with LA Noire in terms of size ?

I taught Blu ray discs can store more than DVD discs ?

I taught Blu ray discs can store more than DVD discs ?

They can, but it's still limited right now (25GB, DVD's are usually about 5GB). You can get discs with huge space (the absolute top of the line I think is about 500GB), but they'd drive the price of the game through the roof.

I don't think the consoles can handle the bigger discs anyway.

I'd say 25gigs will be plenty. Us Xbox users on the other hand might be looking at multiple disks.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I'd say 25gigs will be plenty. Us Xbox users on the other hand might be looking at multiple disks.

I don't think they want to have multiple discs so will limit it. Basically, it's your fault :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't think they want to have multiple discs so will limit it. Basically, it's your fault :pac:

On behalf of my people I apologies!

New Xbox better have Blu Ray!

If it doesn't, I can see a lot of companies saying fcuk it, multi discs or nothing at all. Doubt Xbox users would be thrilled if every single game became multi disc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Blu Rays are 25GB per layer. The most common are dual layer disks, so its 50GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

They can't afford for it not to have Blu-Ray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

aaronh007 wrote: »

Damn straight.

gta5trailer1hikersmakin.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Ok havent been following the thread for a while, does any1 know when this will be released?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Would Xbox folks here be upset/angry/dismayed at having to content with multiple disks? I know LA Noire at this. But just going from the main other GTA forum, I remember reading a lot of people not being happy with this.

For me, If I bought it for my Xbox or it was multiple disk for the PS3, I wouldn't give a damn. Just take my money and give me the game! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

donalg1 wrote: »
    Ok havent been following the thread for a while, does any1 know when this will be released?

Next Friday

Damn right. Microsoft better not go down the route of proprietary formats again. HD-DVD failed, live with it and jump on the Blu-Ray band wagon. :)
    donalg1 wrote: »

No one knows. Everything is a rumour. CMPunked has agreed to update the thread title whenever we get more news.
    -Ade- wrote: »
    Would Xbox folks here be upset/angry/dismayed at having to content with multiple disks? I know LA Noire at this. But just going from the main other GTA forum, I remember reading a lot of people not being happy with this.

For me, If I bought it for my Xbox or it was multiple disk for the PS3, I wouldn't give a damn. Just take my money and give me the game! :D

For me, the only game that's irritated me with multiple discs was Mass Effect 3. But this was because they majorly fúcked up the crossover points, meaning at times I'd have to make 2, sometimes 3 disc changes in a 2 hour period.

Other than that, multiple discs isn't really a problem for a game like GTA which is really linear. What they could do is have all the side missions and stuff on one disc, that you install to your HD similar to Forza, and have all the rest on the main disc, but they'd never do that for fear of alienating the few people that still have Arcade consoles.

• Advertisement

I couldnt care less if it's on 2 discs as long as i get to play the game, i have an arcade but i stuck a 60 gig hard drive on it so if it was a case of installing one disc onto the xbox and playing with the other i wouldnt care. I just wanna play this game!!

While I would not be too upset if it had multiple discs, if it could be avoided it would be better. Games like Battlefield 3 have two discs - one for single player/one for multiplayer. This is fine.
    La Noire had like 8000 discs (rough estimate) but each disc was a section of the game (part 1,2,3). Mass Effect 2 was the only game with multi discs that pissed me off. It wasn't split into sections, it just randomly asked for disc 1 or 2 depending on where you traveled!

While I would not be too upset if it had multiple discs, if it could be avoided it would be better. Games like Battlefield 3 have two discs - one for single player/one for multiplayer. This is fine.
    La Noire had like 8000 discs (rough estimate) but each disc was a section of the game (part 1,2,3). Mass Effect 2 was the only game with multi discs that pissed me off. It wasn't split into sections, it just randomly asked for disc 1 or 2 depending on where you traveled!

Exactly my problem with ME3.

Max Payne 3 is another example of a game that did the multi-disc thing well. Part 1, Part 2. Simple.

To be honest, I think multi-disks might be unavoidable for Xbox, especially given the soundings that it's going to be the biggest GTA game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

cant wait for this

Well if MP got it it's almost certain gta will.

Next week it will be 8 months since the trailer release. That's a ridiculous amount of time to have to wait for information for this game. I can understand that their timeframe was messed up because of Max Payne 3 being delayed, and they probably had planned on releasing a second trailer before now, but come on, ANYTHING, give us something! Even a few screenshots or something, surely that couldn't have hurt the sales of MP3...

• Advertisement

Next week it will be 8 months since the trailer release. That's a ridiculous amount of time to have to wait for information for this game. I can understand that their timeframe was messed up because of Max Payne 3 being delayed, and they probably had planned on releasing a second trailer before now, but come on, ANYTHING, give us something! Even a few screenshots or something, surely that couldn't have hurt the sales of MP3...

Holy crap. That long? That's mental.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

8 months is nothing. We've been waiting nearly 6 years for news on a new Half-life game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RNC

what a load of bollocks^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Next week it will be 8 months since the trailer release. That's a ridiculous amount of time to have to wait for information for this game.

8 months.. thats just nuts! seems like about 3 months really..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement