Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 yhtjuy

Lazlow will have a radio show on UStream on the 30th of this month and he might drop some hints about the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

yhtjuy wrote: »
    Lazlow will have a radio show on UStream on the 30th of this month and he might drop some hints about the game.

Ive always loved lazlow in the games,funnily enough I didnt cop he was in all games until san andreas when his fellow presenter called him lazarus I lol'd so hard when I heard that.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Ive always loved lazlow in the games,funnily enough I didnt cop he was in all games until san andreas when his fellow presenter called him lazarus I lol'd so hard when I heard that.

Here's a great talk Laszlow does. It's called Hacking The Media By Laughing At Them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

One thing that I really hope is that you don't have to change discs to go to other islands on the Xbox, that would suck so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Liam O wrote: »
    One thing that I really hope is that you don't have to change discs to go to other islands on the Xbox, that would suck so much...

If it was done in the sense that you were going to two separate cities, say, a plane journey apart, i wouldnt mind it.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    If it was done in the sense that you were going to two separate cities, say, a plane journey apart, i wouldnt mind it.

Ah I still wouldn't be fond of it myself. Hate the thoughts of having to get up mid-game and start messing around with CDs.

The loading times between cities in the older games were bad enough.

To be honest, in L.A. Noire, it seemed like it was the facial-technology that bumped it up to three CDs. I wouldn't say GTA would need that kinda graphical power, so I don't think it'd be in the game anyway, and it'll still be on one CD.

If they are thinking of two discs, then they'd want to start figuring out how to use the consoles hard drive to their advantage to perhaps save some of the information from the game so you don't have to change disc (ie; an 'install' disc, that installs the city and such to the hard drive, and a game disc that you use to play the game, so between the console reading form it's HDD and the game disc, it's able to render the whole city without load times or disc-changing? Or is that impossible?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Still no word on this?:(

I hope they release one or two pictures, I'd prefer that over a video at least then thats a real teaser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Ah I still wouldn't be fond of it myself. Hate the thoughts of having to get up mid-game and start messing around with CDs.

The loading times between cities in the older games were bad enough.

To be honest, in L.A. Noire, it seemed like it was the facial-technology that bumped it up to three CDs. I wouldn't say GTA would need that kinda graphical power, so I don't think it'd be in the game anyway, and it'll still be on one CD.

If they are thinking of two discs, then they'd want to start figuring out how to use the consoles hard drive to their advantage to perhaps save some of the information from the game so you don't have to change disc (ie; an 'install' disc, that installs the city and such to the hard drive, and a game disc that you use to play the game, so between the console reading form it's HDD and the game disc, it's able to render the whole city without load times or disc-changing? Or is that impossible?)

Ah, thank you blu ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I thought this was to be announced a couple weeks ago.

At this stage we are looking at teaser photos/vid in early 2012 with a release towards the end of that year!

:(

py2006 wrote: »
    I thought this was to be announced a couple weeks ago.

At this stage we are looking at teaser photos/vid in early 2012 with a release towards the end of that year!

:(

I would say that we are going to get a massive announcement after christmas (after all the hype about mw3/battlefied3/GOW3 etc have all died down). Then a summer release, i would guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I don't think there's any big events left this year for them to announce it. I just hope to God they aren't waiting for the next gen of systems.

I don't think there's any big events left this year for them to announce it. I just hope to God they aren't waiting for the next gen of systems.

Why cant they hold one, y'know, old school like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

FFS!!! ANNOUNCE SOMETHING! ANYTHING YOU SHOWER OF *****!!!

ah sorry, feel better now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

CMpunked wrote: »
    I would say that we are going to get a massive announcement after christmas (after all the hype about mw3/battlefied3/GOW3 etc have all died down). Then a summer release, i would guess.

Agreed - makes no sense releasing any news now with the build up for the above hugely popular franchises.

Would be nice if they did something completely different like having a couple of cities from around the world that you have to fly to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything regarding it until Max Payne 3 is released, which is currently due out March 2012.

It's what Rockstar do, focus all the media attention to one game, rather than having two of their games "compete" against each other.

I hope I'm wrong, but that seems to be the way they operate. I expect announcements throughout the summer next year (maybe reveal at E3, though that's not really Rockstar's thing), and then possibly a November release just in time for Christmas perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Seriously, just give us anything rockstar! :(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'd be very surprised if GTA 5 wasn't be developed for the next generation of consoles.

I'd say PS3 will be here for another 5 years:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Plug wrote: »
    I'd say PS3 will be here for another 5 years

6 year cycle,
    Ps1 out 1994, ps2 out 2000, ps3 out 2006, ps4 due 2012..

6 year cycle,
    Ps1 out 1994, ps2 out 2000, ps3 out 2006, ps4 due 2012..
    Due to the fact that the PS3 is way ahead of its time and the global economy crises the 6 year cycle will be increased I believe. I stand to be corrected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Due to the fact that the PS3 is way ahead of its time and the global economy crises the 6 year cycle will be increased I believe. I stand to be corrected.

I'd tend to agree. Even with the PS3 being released in 2006, it was announced over a year beforehand. Right now there has been no indication of a new console. Not even for the 360 which has been out longer. And I can't imagine Rockstar only releasing one GTA using that game engine when between the 3 main games and Liberty/Vice City Stories, they got five games out of the PS2 engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Ahead of it's time? Difficult to program for and 512mb of ram?
    The current gen must be difficult to get the most out of with those ram restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Its a shame that the PS3 never really reached its full potential bar some games such as uncharted 2 and Gran Turismo 5.

Thats a whole other thread though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Hope they still have cluckin' bell....

Don't forget to sing along...

http://www.cluckinbellhappychicken.com/

falan wrote: »
    Hope they still have cluckin' bell....

Don't forget to sing along...

http://www.cluckinbellhappychicken.com/
    Hey dont reply to this thread unless you have good news. I was getting excited:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Hey dont reply to this thread unless you have good news. I was getting excited:pac:

Just keeping you on your toes:)

Imagine when they do announce something,this thread is gonna go mental:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

There's a trailer coming next week supposedly.

http://www.rockstargames.com/

*EDIT*
    It's announced from Rockstargames Twitter by the way:
    https://twitter.com/#!/RockstarGames/status/128788090969001984

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

woop

finally.

just interesting to see where and what it'll be

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just saw the tweet from Rockstar a few mins ago :)
    RockstarGames Rockstar Games
    #GTAV rockstargames.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bring back the fun and i'll definitely be interested. Plus, i'd love some more multiplayer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement