Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

flupping brilliant news :D thought it would never be announced, heres hoping the wait fro announcement to release is very small seeing as it took them for ever to announce it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Yesssss,finally something even if in true rockstar fashion isn't giving much away just yet...Pure speculation but maybe the design of the scroll around the five means a tatooed character. The green, Irish???

Roll on february:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

falan wrote: »
    Roll on february:pac:

Thats an american date, bro.
    Its says the second of November.
    As in tomorrow week. :D:D

Also, All joking aside about the V looking irish, I dont think it will be set in anywhere mentioned on the thread yet.
    May i present exhibit A:
    five-5-dollar-bill.jpg

My guess is Washington DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

CMpunked wrote: »
    Thats an american date, bro.
    Its says the second of November.
    As in tomorrow week. :D:D

Doh!! In my excitement and my rush to get back off my lunch break i read it wrong...:o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I defo want more of a Vice City than a San Andreas. Bring back the look and feel of the 80's to the game along with the bells and whistles they've learnt over the last few games and we'll have a winner.

Something more along the lines of The Ballad of Gay Tony is what we're aiming for I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Australia! You heard it here first :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

So do people think this will be on the same game engine as IV? It looks really dated at this stage. Especially if you played 4 and eflc on pc with graphics and texture mods installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

tuxy wrote: »
    So do people think this will be on the same game engine as IV? It looks really dated at this stage. Especially if you played 4 and eflc on pc with graphics and texture mods installed.

I reckom it will be the same engine, developed for the consoles with a pc port

tuxy wrote: »

should be, RDR looked pretty badass for a console game, actually im hoping it is so they can just concentrate on the content in the game as opposed to the games mechanics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I'll get it on console, so it looking flashy with the latest graphics wont bother me, as above content and gameplay are more important

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I wonder will we even get a PC port?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Excellent news and not long to wait for the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

YEEESS. I'm soo happy today!

Anyway, GTA is going to stay in the U.S. for the time being. Dan Houser hinted towards that in recent interviews. Anyway here's an interesting pic. A return to rags to riches story? I hope so! Empire building?
    3c811.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Brilliant news! I absolutely love the GTA series. I can understand the criticisms of IV not being as much fun as the previous ones but personally I loved it and thought it was a cracking game. Hopefully the wait won't be too long for the next installment!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

This is pretty sweet, bought GTA IV the other day to play it through on PS3, I used to own it on Xbox 360 but never finished it..

Finish GTA IV, then GTA V will be on the way :D

And I agree with previous posts, it needs to be more San Andreas... Loved that game...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

^^^
    All the proof we needed that Rockstar know how to spell Five.

What the hell is the above meant to show?

i traded in my 360 copy of IV a week ago only to buy it again for the pc during that steam sale :D and then this happens, the gods of gta are smiling on me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think the 2 main things they have to fix are:

1: Driving. I spent most of the time getting taxis in GTA 4 because of the boring realistic driving and therefore couldn't familiarise myself with any of the map.

2: Mission structure. They just need to make missions fun again. They don't have to be crazy like saints row but they have to be better than drive to A, drive to B, Kill C, Drive back to A.

I have faith in the R* boys though and i'm sure they will steer the series back in the right direction.

Also, +1 on a cameo for an ageing Tommy Verceti, maybe as the main drug kingpin bad guy, that would be class!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I had a feeling this was coming, All the gta talk on ign the past week i thought they would be announcing some thing. I just hope its not as boring as the last one and more like the Vice City that one was the best gta ever !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Hogzy wrote: »

What the hell is the above meant to show?

that the five font is the same used as the one on the 5 dollar bill.
    Im not sure what the english note is about, though.
    Id be near definite that Washington is going to be the city of choice.

• Advertisement

Absolutely thrilled. Can't wait to see this.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the longest week of your life! (except the week before it comes out, obviously).

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I think the 2 main things they have to fix are:

1: Driving. I spent most of the time getting taxis in GTA 4 because of the boring realistic driving and therefore couldn't familiarise myself with any of the map.

2: Mission structure. They just need to make missions fun again. They don't have to be crazy like saints row but they have to be better than drive to A, drive to B, Kill C, Drive back to A.

I have faith in the R* boys though and i'm sure they will steer the series back in the right direction.

Also, +1 on a cameo for an ageing Tommy Verceti, maybe as the main drug kingpin bad guy, that would be class!

would have to disagree with your fist point tbh, the driving was vastly improved in gta4, it actually took a bit of skill to be able to drive good as opposed to the previous games, the bikes didnt handle great but the cars where amazing.

As for your second point, if they make the game more like TBOGT it will be all good as that dlc kicked ass

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

CMpunked wrote: »
    that the five font is the same used as the one on the 5 dollar bill.
    Im not sure what the english note is about, though.
    Id be near definite that Washington is going to be the city of choice.

Mexico use the exact same font as the American Dollar Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya TBOGT was definitely heading in the right direction. I hated getting into a car for a quick getaway but they were so slow. At least TBOGT had better cars more available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Industry rumour that it will be set in real world LA! (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/323797/gta-v-is-official-but-is-it-set-in-real-world-la/)
    Grand Theft Auto V has been officially announced by Rockstar this afternoon, with industry whispers continuing to suggest that the fifth open-world instalment could be set to make the switch to a real-world city - specifically, Los Angeles.

Evidence from as far back as last December suggests that GTA V is being codenamed 'Rush' and features characters including a "Welsh monk/cult leader/yoga teacher", a "weed evangelist", a "swinger" and - top of the pops - "an ugly but comfortable mellow Californian divorcee".

Hmmm. 'Rush'. Which city immediately springs to mind when you hear that phrase?

Alongside the loud-mouthed actor/comic Gilbert Gottfried - himself an L.A resident - CVG has heard whispers of "ridiculous" voice talent for GTA V, with even Robert De Niro being muttered as a possible candidate.

There's also chatter that Rockstar could be set to show off a living, breathing Los Angeles as the location for the next instalment - landmarks and all.

Of course it wouldn't be the first time Rockstar has mapped the entire city; Way before L.A Noire's painstakingly recreated 1940s L.A - all by Team Bondi's hand, but offering plenty of assets to dip into - there was Midnight Club: L.A. Built by Rockstar's San Diego and London studios.

The title provided an impressive, open-world environment for players to roam freely in and, perhaps, the perfect map to build a 2011 blockbuster on.

GTA 5's official 'V' logo - which looks more than a little bit like a US bank note - also seems to back up rumours that the next game will feature themes of global recession, yet another suggestion that Rockstar could be taking a step towards the real world.

personally im hoping after the rural rdr that they make a game with SA's scale (multiple cities and small towns with rural land in between) and gta 4/rdr detail, that game would = the best game this gen

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Newaglish wrote: »

If that's true, hopefully it'll be nothing like LA Noire's empty husk of a city. Drug dens, car shops, tattoo places, gyms, night clubs, bars, strips clubs! Fill it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cobbe354

Awesome stuff.

I want the whole shebam. Pedestrians with weapons cheat with GTA4 physics would be crazy i'd say. Old ladies with rocket launchers, imagine the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

That came out of nowhere!

Looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I have the weirdest boner right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement