Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Interleaving be reduced or turned off on Eircom BB?

Options
  • 25-10-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi

I just wanted to ask if its possible to reduce interleaving or even better, turn it off on my broadband package?

Best Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi

I just wanted to ask if its possible to reduce interleaving or even better, turn it off on my broadband package?

Best Regards,

Hi Tommynocker
    If you give our technical support team a call on 1890260260 they can check your settings and should be able to do this for you. Let me know if any problem with this.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tommynocker

Thanks they sorted it for me.

Do you know by any chance if the exchange for Turloughmore is going to be upgraded to NGB? According to fibre map Turloughmore is within the fibre Network.

Best Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Thanks they sorted it for me.

Do you know by any chance if the exchange for Turloughmore is going to be upgraded to NGB? According to fibre map Turloughmore is within the fibre Network.

Best Regards,

Thanks Tommynocker,

I will check this and let you know.

Regards,
    Ant

First of all, any update on this?

Secondly, my BB connection is really suffering during evening times. Everything is fine during the day 6-6,5 megs downloadspeed and 40-50ms latency.

However after approx 8pm it goes down to 0,5-1 meg and 500-700ms latency. This is unacceptable as I'm unable to attend web meetings during evening times. I'm living in Turloughmore Co. Galway and it would be nice if someone can have a look at it and fix the problem.

Regards,

First of all, any update on this?

Secondly, my BB connection is really suffering during evening times. Everything is fine during the day 6-6,5 megs downloadspeed and 40-50ms latency.

However after approx 8pm it goes down to 0,5-1 meg and 500-700ms latency. This is unacceptable as I'm unable to attend web meetings during evening times. I'm living in Turloughmore Co. Galway and it would be nice if someone can have a look at it and fix the problem.

Regards,

Hi Tommynocker,

Thanks again and apologies for the delay.

I can confirm that your broadband package is Business Starter (up to 12Mb). Your exchange has not yet been upgraded to *NBG. There are no indications that your exchange will be *NGB enabled in the 1st or 2nd quarter of next year.

I've checked your broadband connection and it is currently synced at 7Mb. Therefore your reported broadband speeds of 6 to 6.5Mb, during the day, would be quite good. Technical Support were unable to connect remotely to your modem to see how many devices you may be running, though this may be down to the fact that you're using your own private modem.

The eircom Authentication servers are showing your connection as very solid with no intermittency /or intermittent sync. Therefore you may be experiencing a local issue on your computer device(s) or with a wireless signal connecting issue.

If you're getting a regular deterioration at a specific time, this may point to a possible software or spyware probelm.

*Note: Maximum download speeds cannot be guaranteed, as eircom broadband is Rate Adaptive, i.e. a distance dependant* technology. (*The distance between the modem and the exchange it is connected to.) However, if there is a large difference between the speed of your broadband package and the speed test result, here are a few suggestions :

* Powercycle the modem:
    o Flick the power switch to the Off position on the back of the modem
    o Wait 30 seconds
    o Switch the modem back On
    o Wait two minutes for the modem to re-connect

* Disconnect everything from the phone line: phones, fax machine, Sky Digital TV, or any other equipment connected to the phone line which may interfere with the broadband connection. (Private phoneline extension cables, etc.) Remove the splitter and connect the modem directly to the main phone socket.

* Ensure all secondary phone extensions are correctly FILTERED

* Test your modem speed with just one single Computer /PC). All other PC's should be shut down temporarily while testing i.e : Computers /laptops /smartPhones /wireless equipment including Games Consoles: (Xbox(s), Playstation(s), etc.

Are you connecting wirelessly? http://bit.ly/WirelessCheck

* If you are using wireless to connect to the internet, connect your computer to the modem with the yellow ethernet cable if possible. This would eliminate any wireless related problems which may affect your connection speed.

Are you using streaming, file-sharing or Peer-to-Peer (P2P) software?

* These programs download content in the background, even when minimised. Exit the software completely to ensure it does not affect the speed.

Have you scanned your computer for Spyware?

* Spyware and viruses can interfere with internet connection, making it slow and/or unreliable.

If you still have problems and would like confirmation that there are no problems with your broadband connection, please contact eircom Technical Support directly. A Broadband Support Professional can check your broadband setup. If necessary they can escalate and /or arrange for an engineer onsite visit to your premises :

A case has been logged for you. Please use this case reference for any future contact with Technical Support, as this will help speed up call time and help resolve any eircom related problem.

Kind regards,

Ant

*NGB (Next Generation Broadband) allows for uncongested and consistent usage (downloads) even during peak times. NGB is also a free upgrade up to *8Mb (or up to12Mb, or up to 24Mb) dependent on what your broadband phoneline pre-qualifies for.

ADSL itself is rate adaptive technology, which means that your broadband connection speed is governed by the distance from your premises to the exchange.. Upgrading to NGB won't change the distance (or what your broadband connection pre-qualifies for). Please see www.ngb.ie for more information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Hi Tommynocker,

I am also on the Turloughmore exchange and I have also noticed the slow speeds and high pings in the evening lately exactly as you describe. There definitely is a problem in the exchange somewhere.

Best Regards
    Shyboy

Hi Tommynocker,

Thanks again and apologies for the delay.

I can confirm that your broadband package is Business Starter (up to 12Mb). Your exchange has not yet been upgraded to *NBG. There are no indications that your exchange will be *NGB enabled in the 1st or 2nd quarter of next year.

When I check my number on the Eircom site, it now offers NGB packages where it didn't before. Does this now mean that Turloughmore, County Galway has been NGB enabled recently? It isn't showing on the NGB map.

Many Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Shyboy wrote: »
    When I check my number on the Eircom site, it now offers NGB packages where it didn't before. Does this now mean that Turloughmore, County Galway has been NGB enabled recently? It isn't showing on the NGB map.

Many Thanks

Hi Shyboy,

As per your other post, I will respond to this query as well when you PM me with your details.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark, Just PM'ed you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Shyboy wrote: »
    Thanks Mark, Just PM'ed you.:)

Hi Shyboy,

I goy your PM with your details thanks. I will look into all the options available and get back to you in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

That's great, Thanks Mark!!:)

Any update here? Still no news about NGB?

Any update here? Still no news about NGB?

Hi Tommynocker,

Thanks for your post. Let me know if I can help you with your query.

I have checked your current broadband account and can confirm that your are on a Business starter broadband package, up to 12Mb.

There are no plans to upgrade the Turloughmore exchange to NGB this year.

Your broadband is currently synced at 8Mb and staying connected solidly across the eircom servers.

If you need technincal assistance, please call into Broadband Support directly. A case is currently logged for you and all you need do is give your phone number as a reference.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

haha, some joke of a company

Advertisement