Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Dog acting very strange

• 25-10-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

My 4 year old terrier cross has been acting very strange since last night .

He was fine all day yesterday, nothing unusual. I went to work and was back 3 hours later. Since then he has been cowering, hiding under chairs and tables, and almost winces when I go to touch him. He yelped yesterday when I picked him up. I thought I may have just caught him at a bad angle, but Im starting to think now that he's in pain. :confused:

He keeps circling and circling before sitting down. 2 seconds later he's up again and circling. Could this be an indicator that he's in pain? He's also wet himself twice when I went to touch him. He occasionally does this if he's excited etc but nothing triggered it this time.

I don't know what to do. Do you think I should bring him to the vet? I'm in work till half 4, just went home for my lunch break and he's still acting the same .

Any ideas what could be causing this? He's not himself at all :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Are there fireworks going off in the area that could have unsettled him? Or does he usually react this badly to fireworks? I would definitely bring him to the vets to rule out a physical problem. Could be any number of things causing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Are there fireworks going off in the area that could have unsettled him? Or does he usually react this badly to fireworks? I would definitely bring him to the vets to rule out a physical problem. Could be any number of things causing it.

No fireworks last night with all the rain. He usually just barks at them, they never really scare him. I think I will bring him to the vet the poor thing looks miserable :( Feel awful going back to work and leaving him now! Its only for a couple of hours but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

could it be his anal glandes ? theses can be very painfull. do they need to be emptied on a regular basis ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

OP, please bring your dog to the vet. Everything you describe suggests your dog is in pain.
    There's no point asking us what we think it is, as we simply can't tell you. This is 100% definitely one for your vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Vet asap, this should be a no brainer really as your dog is clearly in a lot of pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

Hi perri winkles, did you get him to the vet? how is he now?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

I agree, Vet asap. Our dog Jack behaved like that and turned out he had pancreatic cancer and had become diabetic very suddenly as a result. He passed away from bleeding internally. Hopefully this is not at all the case with your little pooch but get him checked out straight away and dont take any risks!!

Advertisement