Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stroopwafel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Mmmm .. nothing like a nice stroopwafel warming over a hot cup of coffee :)

I spot them here every now and then and buy some when I see them, but I'm not sure where I saw them last. Maybe somewhere like Avoca or Donnybrook Fair? I also vaguely recall seeing them in Tesco but can't be sure, sorry i can't be more helpful

BTW Here they're generally called 'caramel waffles' or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Got them from Starbucks on many occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

They had them in a place I was doing a course last week. And one of the lads said you can get them in Aldi/Lidl...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Aldi/Lidl around Christmas are great for stroopwafels. Painfully addictive so stock up.

• Advertisement

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Aldi/Lidl around Christmas are great for stroopwafels. Painfully addictive so stock up.
    That's funny ... I shop at Lidl all the time and don't recall seeing them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Best thing about working in Amsterdam for a year was Stroopwafel - oh and stroopwafel ice-cream from the Albert Heijn grocery chain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Alun wrote: »
    That's funny ... I shop at Lidl all the time and don't recall seeing them there.

Maybe I've got it wrong but I was sure when they get in all the German Christmas food they feature. Along with lebkuchen :)

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Maybe I've got it wrong but I was sure when they get in all the German Christmas food they feature. Along with lebkuchen :)
    I'll have another look, but I've already stocked up on Lebkuchen and Stollen and didn't see any then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

You can get them everywhere. Fallon & Byrne, Donnybrook Fair, pretty much any half-decent deli. My local butcher even stocks them in his little deli section, and that's in Tullow, not exactly renowned for its boutique groceries...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've seen them a few times in health food sections, along with the gluten free stuff and rice cakes.

But as said lidl/aldi have them in the run up to christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Anyone know if these are available in Dublin?

For anyone unfamiliar; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroopwafel

Basically dutch sweet waffle snack.
    They have them in Fallon and Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Thank you one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I freaking love Stroopwafels. I always used to pick up a few packets from Hein's any time I was in the Netherlands.

I saw a 2-pack of them in Londis at Fontill today, so happy days. :-)

Advertisement