Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping in Swords

Options
  • 25-10-2011 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi all,

The clampers are out in force in Swords in Forster Way - See attached pic. This is a new thing and there are no lines on the road or standard sign posts as you would expect and people being are being caught unaware 24/7. ICPL and APCOA have signs on the walls and people are simply not noticing them. Many people are even being clamped on sundays and off peak hours when there is plenty of free parking right beside this area - proving that people are unaware.

I wanted to share this as I almost unwittingly got clamped myself and notice that they charge up to €155 in fees which there is no way I could afford.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

Thanks for that - I must pass the word around to me friends. I park regularly in swords. I drive a wheelchair accessible van and the amount of times I have had words with people who park illegally in the disability spaces is really not worth talking about (including taxis parking in the one opposite the taxi office on the main street). There is one space in Forsters Way and only the other day there was a young girl parked there on her mobile phone and when I asked her had she got a "blue disabled badge" for her car she told me to *uc* off that she was only there for a few mins. I told her I would be informing the gardai of her presence and she wasn't long moving. Last Sunday afternoon also the Garda traffic corp had a jeep parked on the new Taxi rank up along the side of the Star pub. They had ticketed a few cars at that stage and then Gannon's recovery lorry arrived and picked one up. Seems it had been parked there from the night before. I think that a lot of the spaces on Forster's Way is for loading (although I am open to correction!) - The parking wardens seem to be very active recently in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

They should be made resurface that road and mark it properly before any clamping is allowed.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 K_2008

Redsquigy, there are some loading bays alright and I have no issue with clamping taking place where they are. It's the other unmarked areas outside the College, Pet shop area etc. I've noticed people and taxis parking in the disabled spaces also so I hear your frustration.

Celticbest, I agree with you on that. The condition of the road is terrible and it needs resurfacing and marking asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I'm all for clamping the selfish arrogant feckers. (Provided it's properly signed of course.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

K_2008 wrote: »
    Hi all,

The clampers are out in force in Swords in Forster Way - See attached pic. This is a new thing and there are no lines on the road or standard sign posts as you would expect and people being are being caught unaware 24/7. ICPL and APCOA have signs on the walls and people are simply not noticing them. Many people are even being clamped on sundays and off peak hours when there is plenty of free parking right beside this area - proving that people are unaware.

I wanted to share this as I almost unwittingly got clamped myself and notice that they charge up to €155 in fees which there is no way I could afford.

Thanks,

OP was that a council clamp or NCPS ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

99% sure its NCPS, I saw the sign yesterday and also cars clamped. One lady stating to a guy who came to take it off that she doesnt own a credit card.

The clamping signs on the walls state ICPL and APCOA - have a look at the photo I posted and you can see the ICPL sign and the APCOA one further to the right.

On a seperate note I see our transport minister plans to put regulations in place to stop this nonsense but that won't be till next year all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

K_2008 wrote: »
    On a seperate note I see our transport minister plans to put regulations in place to stop this nonsense but that won't be till next year all going well.

It won't stop it, it will only regulate it.

Paulw wrote: »
    It won't stop it, it will only regulate it.

No, they'll still be able to clamp, but the sneaky opportunistic behaviour might be stopped.

On the news at one recently, Minister Varadkar pointed to another example of a private clamping firm at a well known train station in Dublin who clamped a load of cars even though the only machine present was out of order at the time.

Advertisement