Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign On Day

Options
  • 25-10-2011 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Now I know a lot of you will probably jump down my throat at this, but I just signed this morning and read that my next signing date is November 22nd. I had planned to be staying at my Dad's that week as its my birthday the day before and I don't want to be stuck home alone on that day. Problem is, its too far to be coming back for one morning then heading off again-let alone costly, I can't leave early the Tuesday morning as I wouldn't be back for my signing time, and it completely defeats the purpose to be coming back up the monday night.

Is there a way I can let them know I wont be available to sign that week until the Thursday or so without it being a lot of hassle? Could I possibly use some of the 2 week holiday I'm entitled to for this? And do you think it would be O.K for me to tell them the reason I wont be here is because I will be celebrating my birthday?... It doesn't seem fair to have to be alone that day simply because I have to sign the following day. Please no comments saying to get over it, its just a birthday or whatever. I just want a polite reply.

Also, now this is completely separate, a friend of mine, who is living with her bf and year old kid told me she thinks that if her bf gets a job, she would have to find one at the exact same time because if he is employed, that all her SW payments will be cut and they would only have his wages to live off... I find that hard to believe, but is it true?!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Yes you can use some of your 12 days holidays,fill in form UP 30 asap(min 2 weeks before you take abreak).

Happy birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

Will that mess up my payments then? And can you use less than 2 weeks at a time, if you know what i mean?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

As far as i know you can use a week at a time,you will be payed when you return from holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You can use a day at a time if needs be. Just let them know you won't be around and they will excuse your signing on that day.

As for your friend, it depends on his earnings and everyone's circumstances are different.

Advertisement