Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gael Linn Scratch Cards

Options
  • 25-10-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

I like to try a few scratch cards a week and have noticed some non National Lottery ones popping up in multicultural shops in Galway (e.g. Polish shops) issued by Gael Linn. Can they be trusted? Anyone win anything on them before or are they new?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do they look like these yokes?
    http://gael-linn.arobis40.com/uploads/documents/Cairde%20Leaflet.pdf

Some info on www.gael-linn.ie, seems legit.
    Our scratchcard promotions have an annual prizefund in excess of €500,000 and are sold through a network of shops and service stations throughout the country. Scratchcards are also sold directly to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

a lot of shops that cannot get a licence to sell national lottery products will probably sell these instead,they're perfectly legit but afaik you must redeem any winnings in the store you purchase them in rather than in any store like you can with national lottery products.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

That's exactly them, thanks!

Yes I was worried it was a scam of some sort, but seems like a legit charity and a good cause. :)

Will let you know if these two I have are winners. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Anyone know any shops / service stations in Galway city that stock these Gael-Linn scratch cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Olearys Off Licence, Salthill does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

check the back of ticket for a brand with the shop name if where they were purchased as you can only cash them in at that shop.

Advertisement