Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting Fetac electrical qualification to be valid in Aus?

Options
  • 25-10-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, i am currently an unemployed electrician (surprise surprise) living back at home in dublin. I have been putting off the inevitable moving abroad for employment for long enough and will most likely be heading in january. Im just wondering is there any concrete information on making my qualifications (Fetac electrician with merit) valid in aus before i leave ireland? i remember reading in the paper a few weeks ago that the teeu are supporting a scheme where this is available here but i cant find a sniff of it online and the lady at the other end of the phone in the teeu hadnt a clue what i was on about. I know its available as a part time course in london but that would dent my budget a little more than i would like. I just dont fancy the idea of twiddling my thumbs for a few weeks/months when i arrive there waiting for the red tape malarky to sort itself out. Im fairly clued in on the whv and applying for citizenship etc side of things but just cant find solid info on the above mentioned,
    any help much appreciated,
    Andy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Here's a link to an article in the Irish Echo

You might want to get back on to TEEU & quote the article, or ask to speak to Eamon Devoy or his secretary, to see what, if any further information is available about these plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ajncam

Spoke to someone different in the teeu just there and they informed me the system should be up and running in the next couple of weeks, they took my details and will get onto me as soon as the cogs begin to turn. For anyone else looking to jump on the bandwagon, the number for the teeu is 1890488338.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

ajncam wrote: »
    Spoke to someone different in the teeu just there and they informed me the system should be up and running in the next couple of weeks, they took my details and will get onto me as soon as the cogs begin to turn. For anyone else looking to jump on the bandwagon, the number for the teeu is 1890488338.
    This has been asked a few times here already so just do a search at the top of the page for it. It can be a long enough process to get the electrical licence here so allow between 3-6 months when you get here to get it all sorted. You may be able to get a job as a trade assistant until you get an electrical licence. Hopwfully the new scheme through the teeu will speed things up.

Advertisement